rubiksolved

Sep 7, 2008
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys,

In the course of my life so far I’ve come across plenty of people with regrets they’ve had in their own lives. And seeing how life is so incredibly short… I just kind of wanted to see what everyone else’s regrets are.

Career-life objectives?
Relationships?
Family?

It would be pretty cool to learn from each other’s *mistakes* or to see what we would do differently at your age. So I guess when you post… it’ll be cool if you posted your age along with your posting.

I know a lot of people out there also try to live without regrets... and even if you do, it'd be helpful to see something you'd change.. rather than regret.

Here’s mine:
I regret not spending enough time to keep in touch and to foster relationships with the significant people in my life. I feel like I’ve been too distracted with the other aspects of life (work and school primarily) that I just kinda lost touch with people I would rather not have lost touch with… I know its not too late.. but I feel like some relationships have deteriorated too much for full repair..

HighLonesome

Veteran
Feb 10, 2007
✟9,673.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Everybody knows life is short, do U realize how fragile life is?

Whenever U come across a situation ask Urself if U'll regret not following through on it ... U'll probably never regret NOT doing something.

I'm a widower now for almost 3 yrs. but I told myself early on that I wouldn't get caught up in regrets, my late wife and my life was what it was and could we have loved each other more - yes, but it was the life we had and it was 4 the most part a great love affair.

Realize that the little sh!t in life does not matter and if U feel the need to fight, U'd best make it a battle royal because at the end of it all, when she comes home & says she has cancer or some other incurable disease, all that other bullsh!t DOES NOT MATTER!

Life life, enjoy life, use the good china and dring the good wine. Make love daily. Treat her like she is meant to be treated, a precious creation that God put in Ur life, to protect, to care for, to love unconditionally! Put her above everthing else except Ur relationship with Christ. Good luck.

50yrs. young

Upvote 0

Dogperson

Dec 18, 2009
Northeast Tennessee
✟15,560.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was feeling all sorry for myself about turning 40 & thinking that I should have more to show for 40 years of living. I was thinking about how I don't seem to have accomplished anything much of value. While I was throwing my own little pity party I decided to hop on the exercise bicycle (you-know, to try & prevent the middle-aged-spread) & picked up a book by one of my favorite religious authors. I happened to turn straight to the page where he quoted from Deuteronomy 2:7, "...These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything." I think that was meant for me to see because it refocused me on all that God had done instead of thinking about what I hadn't done. He's been with me forty years & I have not lacked anything! He's kept me safe & provided for me all this time. I bless His name.

Upvote 0

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm 40 years old now. I do have some regrets. I regret doing business with unscrupulous persons. I regret marrying the woman who had an affair on me. I regret losing custody of my children. I regret not finishing my college education.

I do not regret trying however. I did try to make accomplishments in my life. I have no regrets for this. At least I can say that I made the attempt.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2012
✟8,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the most part I've lived my life without regrets. The mistakes I've made, I've learned from, I've grown and stretched and also learned to give myself grace. But the one thing I wish is that I had made peace with myself sooner. I've spent years fighting who I am, being who I'm not and not accepting who God made me to be. I am content in myself now, better late than never, and I realize it was part of the journey I needed to go through, but it is a regret. I just said to my husband the other day... It's sad how when you're finally at peace with life and with who you are, that your body is falling apart! Too bad we can't have both at the same time!!

43 years old, and getting better with age (despite the aches and pains!)

Upvote 0

QueenMommy

Nov 26, 2011
United States
✟8,108.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I regret some of the decisions I made as an undergraduate (choice of school, choice of major, lack of motivation to do well, etc). I would have made different choices in all of those things, and in my study habits. I also would have made vastly different choices in dating relationships during college. But I also realize that I did not have the best parental modeling at home, and was not really taught how to make good decisions. I came from a household where there were abuse and mental health issues. Considering where I came from, everything has turned out for the best and I really cannot complain.

The only other regret I have is putting off having children for five years. I was terrified of having kids because of the aforementioned abusive background, and I was terrified of 'screwing up my children.' And I married "late" by some standards - I was 31 when I married. I wish I had begun having children at 33 instead of 36, because in the back of my head I always thought three children would have been ideal to have for our family. I've let go of the dream of adopting a third child as well. I am grateful for the children I do have.

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I could have been a lot wiser how I've spent money and energy on work and other people, what I mean is that in early 2009 I should not have given up in order to not to loose vehicles, and that during this decade I should not have listened so much to others regarding how to spend money. But I know I could not have worked much harder during 2009.
I didn't know there were but I should have pushed for better medication a little sooner, in fact the wasn't introduced over here when it first came out in the U.S. (I'm not sure about where developed but a doctor said the U.S., manufactured in Italy.) The medication I got earlier on was insufficient. You really are supposed to know these kind of things but of course I could not have predicted the future as young knowing which exact year it would have got developed, huh?

I should have spent less on food. I rarely ate too much, but what I'm referring to is the expence. I've never had a habbit of going to restaurants so that's not what I'm referring to.

I could have finished college sooner and got to uni sooner if succeeding with the above.
I could have done great without the Bible college since seminary is IT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I do not regret the past, nor wish to shut the door on it.

When I think of the things I could choose to regret, I think I would regret it more if I never went for it. Even my failures are rife with the gems of success. Hope springs eternal.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never is, but always to be blessed:
The soul, uneasy and confined from home,

Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

Upvote 0

nucity

Mar 14, 2015
✟7,643.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey guys,

In the course of my life so far I’ve come across plenty of people with regrets they’ve had in their own lives. And seeing how life is so incredibly short… I just kind of wanted to see what everyone else’s regrets are.

Career-life objectives?
Relationships?
Family?

It would be pretty cool to learn from each other’s *mistakes* or to see what we would do differently at your age. So I guess when you post… it’ll be cool if you posted your age along with your posting.

I know a lot of people out there also try to live without regrets... and even if you do, it'd be helpful to see something you'd change.. rather than regret.

Here’s mine:
I regret not spending enough time to keep in touch and to foster relationships with the significant people in my life. I feel like I’ve been too distracted with the other aspects of life (work and school primarily) that I just kinda lost touch with people I would rather not have lost touch with… I know its not too late.. but I feel like some relationships have deteriorated too much for full repair..

If we have internet at least back then, I would have keep in touch with most friends i think. i know i have one other regret but i will get stoned if i say it.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I regret the number of times that I carried a bad attitude from a problem at work home with me. How instead of changing gears and enjoying my family, I let things get to me. Now when I walk out of work, I walk both mentally and physically out the door.

The same if there was a problem at home, carried worry, anger, ect to work.

I have to learn to be in the moment where I am and with what I am doing.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums