Leviticus & Modern Jews & more Leviticus questions

ladybarker

Mar 6, 2014
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been reading the beginning of Leviticus about offerings and Aaron's sons. I know that Christians don't necessarily need to give offerings for our sins because of Christ. I also know giving 10% of our total income replaces any Peace offering & Thanksgiving offering. But for the Jews, and I guess Muslims are in the same boat, would the Leviticus offerings still apply to them today? I don't hear or see any one going to temple with a goat & two doves. So if no one does that anymore, and they don't have Christ to forgive them, how do they believe their sins are forgiven?

Also another question, why did a woman have to make a sin offering after she's given birth? What sin did she commit?

I was reading a little more of this and I'm reading along the lines of "And you should clean it with water" "he is uncleaned and should be isolated" Was this time period before soap and ointments? Is that why when ever I get a rash or pimple I don't have to be lonely for 7 days anymore?

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You wrote: ” I also know giving 10% of our total income replaces any Peace offering & Thanksgiving offering.”

You offering of 10% do not do any good for you, and even if you give 100%, would not make any difference for you.

You must understand that the offerings that the Jews did are the offering of blood of animals in order to wash their sins and be forgiven, and that is the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ done also for us with His Own Blood, because there is no forgiveness of sin without shading the blood.

Money never been directly involved in any offerings to the Lord, GOD does not need your money, He need from you a true repentance from your heart, your submission to Him, humbleness, and dedication to Him and to His Words from the heart and from your soul.

GOD is the Spirit and has to be worship in spirit of His worshipers.

You wrote: “I don't hear or see any one going to temple with a goat & two doves. So if no one does that anymore, and they don't have Christ to forgive them, how do they believe their sins are forgiven?”

The Tabernacle and later the Temple never been closed. The fire on the altar of GOD was burning constantly according to the Law and never been put out.

Levites serve the Lord 24/7 and rotated about every 7 days. Sacrifices and offering to the Lord have been divided on different levels in order to be affordable to everyone. Even the poorest of the poor can afford two pigeons to present them to the Lord for his or her sins.

Remember, without shading blood there is no forgiveness of sins, because of it, every time sacrifice had been made from the heart and with full repentance and sorrow, the sin of that person have been forgiven.

Same applies to the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His blood washes our sins for all times and for all generations to come, but only for those who truly and from the heart repent and regret their transgression and sins.

Sacrifice of Jesus Christ is the universal Sacrifice, because where was a time when the Temple was destroyed (40 years after death of Christ), and it was impossible to offer any sacrifice any longer, so from that point on, the Blood of Jesus Christ took full control of forgiveness and became the only source of forgiveness of sins.

Please read explanation of Paul in Romans 2.12-15, there he explained how people have been saved or condemned before Christ.

Mistakenly Christian think today that the Sacrifice of Christ brought to us only salvation, and we are all automatically saved by His Blood, which is completely false assumption and teaching, it is not.

His Sacrifice and His Blood brought forgiveness of sins and by this open a door to eternal life in the Kingdom of GOD, but only for those who truly and from the heart ask Jesus for forgiveness of sins regularly, presenting His Blood to the Father GOD as our offering for forgiveness of our sins, exactly in the same way as it had been done with animals, and only those who truly repent from the heart and asked for forgiveness of sins, doing it constantly, offering His Blood to Father, these are forgiven each time they do that, and subsequently forgiven and saved.

Salvation on the other hand comes from the judgment of GOD Himself then He will put sheep on one side and the goats on another and will pronounce His verdict.

But the Blood of Christ is the beginning of such salvation for those who repent from the heart, humbled themselves before GOD and the people, followed Commandments and Statutes of the Lord, constantly asked for forgiveness of sins, and live their lives for the Lord as true Christian according to His Commandments, and most important of all, studying the Bible in earnest.

You wrote: “Also another question, why did a woman have to make a sin offering after she's given birth? What sin did she commit?“

All people are sinners, we are all born in sin because of the knowledge of Good and Evil, which came from the fruit of the Tree which Eve gave to Adam without his knowledge. That Tree and that knowledge were forbidden by GOD to the people to possess.

As result of it, Serpent was cursed, Eve was cursed with painful childbirths, and for Adam the earth was cursed, so he would have hard time to cultivate it. Read Genesis first 3 or 5 chapters. And this is why each berth of the child the women have to bring the guilt offering to the Lord (besides her own sins during her life time).

You wrote: “I was reading a little more of this and I'm reading along the lines of "And you should clean it with water" "he is uncleaned and should be isolated" Was this time period before soap and ointments? Is that why when ever I get a rash or pimple I don't have to be lonely for 7 days anymore?”

In order to understand this you have to read carefully and keep in mind what actually these rituals of cleanness present and symbolizes. Priest - Levites, have been chosen by the Lord to serve all the needs of the people. And as an appointee of the Lord the priests have knowledge and understanding of each sickness and disease of that particular time.

They acted according to the Law that the Lord given to them, and the Lord acted according to that the Levites found and prescribed. This set of rules of cleanness and uncleanness was very important at that time, because the Lord GOD Himself was present among His people Israel, and as He was Holy, so and all His people Israel have to be holy and clean according to His Laws He given to Moses.

Today, for whatever disease or sickness we have, we directly pray to Jesus Christ as our Priest, as our Teacher, as our Sacrifice, as our Savior, and as our GOD. He is only our Hope today in everything we need or desire.

Alex

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading the beginning of Leviticus about offerings and Aaron's sons. I know that Christians don't necessarily need to give offerings for our sins because of Christ. I also know giving 10% of our total income replaces any Peace offering & Thanksgiving offering. But for the Jews, and I guess Muslims are in the same boat, would the Leviticus offerings still apply to them today? I don't hear or see any one going to temple with a goat & two doves. So if no one does that anymore, and they don't have Christ to forgive them, how do they believe their sins are forgiven?

Also another question, why did a woman have to make a sin offering after she's given birth? What sin did she commit?

I was reading a little more of this and I'm reading along the lines of "And you should clean it with water" "he is uncleaned and should be isolated" Was this time period before soap and ointments? Is that why when ever I get a rash or pimple I don't have to be lonely for 7 days anymore?
First you must understand that Christ is the key that unlocks the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments. Leviticus isn't about law and sacrifices it is about picturing Christ. All that blood that was shed never once put away the sin of the bringer. It pointed to the one sacrifice of Christ at the appointed time. If you want to understand Leviticus you should read it along side the book of Hebrews and understand it accordingly.

Here is a series of sermons preached on Levitcus that should help you:
http://www.donfortner.com/sermon_notes/index.php?dir=03_leviticus-series/

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You wrote: ” I also know giving 10% of our total income replaces any Peace offering & Thanksgiving offering.”

You offering of 10% do not do any good for you, and even if you give 100%, would not make any difference for you.

You must understand that the offerings that the Jews did are the offering of blood of animals in order to wash their sins and be forgiven, and that is the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ done also for us with His Own Blood, because there is no forgiveness of sin without shading the blood.

Money never been directly involved in any offerings to the Lord, GOD does not need your money, He need from you a true repentance from your heart, your submission to Him, humbleness, and dedication to Him and to His Words from the heart and from your soul.

GOD is the Spirit and has to be worship in spirit of His worshipers.

You wrote: “I don't hear or see any one going to temple with a goat & two doves. So if no one does that anymore, and they don't have Christ to forgive them, how do they believe their sins are forgiven?”

The Tabernacle and later the Temple never been closed. The fire on the altar of GOD was burning constantly according to the Law and never been put out.

Levites serve the Lord 24/7 and rotated about every 7 days. Sacrifices and offering to the Lord have been divided on different levels in order to be affordable to everyone. Even the poorest of the poor can afford two pigeons to present them to the Lord for his or her sins.

Remember, without shading blood there is no forgiveness of sins, because of it, every time sacrifice had been made from the heart and with full repentance and sorrow, the sin of that person have been forgiven.

Same applies to the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His blood washes our sins for all times and for all generations to come, but only for those who truly and from the heart repent and regret their transgression and sins.

Sacrifice of Jesus Christ is the universal Sacrifice, because where was a time when the Temple was destroyed (40 years after death of Christ), and it was impossible to offer any sacrifice any longer, so from that point on, the Blood of Jesus Christ took full control of forgiveness and became the only source of forgiveness of sins.

Please read explanation of Paul in Romans 2.12-15, there he explained how people have been saved or condemned before Christ.

Mistakenly Christian think today that the Sacrifice of Christ brought to us only salvation, and we are all automatically saved by His Blood, which is completely false assumption and teaching, it is not.

His Sacrifice and His Blood brought forgiveness of sins and by this open a door to eternal life in the Kingdom of GOD, but only for those who truly and from the heart ask Jesus for forgiveness of sins regularly, presenting His Blood to the Father GOD as our offering for forgiveness of our sins, exactly in the same way as it had been done with animals, and only those who truly repent from the heart and asked for forgiveness of sins, doing it constantly, offering His Blood to Father, these are forgiven each time they do that, and subsequently forgiven and saved.

Salvation on the other hand comes from the judgment of GOD Himself then He will put sheep on one side and the goats on another and will pronounce His verdict.

But the Blood of Christ is the beginning of such salvation for those who repent from the heart, humbled themselves before GOD and the people, followed Commandments and Statutes of the Lord, constantly asked for forgiveness of sins, and live their lives for the Lord as true Christian according to His Commandments, and most important of all, studying the Bible in earnest.

You wrote: “Also another question, why did a woman have to make a sin offering after she's given birth? What sin did she commit?“

All people are sinners, we are all born in sin because of the knowledge of Good and Evil, which came from the fruit of the Tree which Eve gave to Adam without his knowledge. That Tree and that knowledge were forbidden by GOD to the people to possess.

As result of it, Serpent was cursed, Eve was cursed with painful childbirths, and for Adam the earth was cursed, so he would have hard time to cultivate it. Read Genesis first 3 or 5 chapters. And this is why each berth of the child the women have to bring the guilt offering to the Lord (besides her own sins during her life time).

You wrote: “I was reading a little more of this and I'm reading along the lines of "And you should clean it with water" "he is uncleaned and should be isolated" Was this time period before soap and ointments? Is that why when ever I get a rash or pimple I don't have to be lonely for 7 days anymore?”

In order to understand this you have to read carefully and keep in mind what actually these rituals of cleanness present and symbolizes. Priest - Levites, have been chosen by the Lord to serve all the needs of the people. And as an appointee of the Lord the priests have knowledge and understanding of each sickness and disease of that particular time.

They acted according to the Law that the Lord given to them, and the Lord acted according to that the Levites found and prescribed. This set of rules of cleanness and uncleanness was very important at that time, because the Lord GOD Himself was present among His people Israel, and as He was Holy, so and all His people Israel have to be holy and clean according to His Laws He given to Moses.

Today, for whatever disease or sickness we have, we directly pray to Jesus Christ as our Priest, as our Teacher, as our Sacrifice, as our Savior, and as our GOD. He is only our Hope today in everything we need or desire.

Alex
Please read the book of Hebrews in order to straighten out the many mistakes you make in this post.

BTW, Eve did not give the forbidden fruit to Adam without his knowledge he knew what it was and took it anyway. Paul clearly tells us that Adam wasn't deceived:
(1Ti 2:14) And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Upvote 0