Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
what do you mean? if you're wondering what all of the commotion is about, basically there was an incident that caused the teen forums to be closed for a period while things were ironed out. unfortunately, all of the posts and such were lost in the process. Also the format has been changed from what it was. But basically, now we're trying to get the people that were here to come back. However, some of them are bitter because they were banned for various reasons. Even though some of their bans were lifted, most feel that they have no longing to return.

But let's put all that behind us. According to the Join Date shown on your post, you just joined. Welcome to the CF Teens forum! :) I encourage you to stay active and post a lot and make some good friends here. :) There are a lot of games to get into if you like. Also there are places for serious discussions about various issues if that's what you're looking for.

God bless!

Upvote 0

RainChick

Mar 6, 2007
Emotion
✟15,898.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm kind of curious what happened to make such a commotion. Can someone PM me the details? I'm glad it's back, but I'm shocked all the posts are gone. :o Separating the ages could be cool, but seems a bit unnecessary at the moment. What do you guys think of the new setup?

Reactions: S53
Upvote 0

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I understand the purpose of having separate forums for the two different age groups (although 15 year olds are lucky because they are allowed in both. :p). It's the same way with my old youth group at my old church. We had middle school youth group and then we had high school youth group. When the two had to combine, a lot of people complained about the immaturity of the younger ones or the mean-ness of the older ones. So the age-group forums give them a way to get away from the other.

However, I don't like it because there's no Serious board for both age groups as there is for the older teens one. If a younger teen has a serious question, it's not appropriate to post it in the common area, and they can't go into the older teens' area, but (not to offend any young people here) they can only get the limited advice and experience of other people their age. Except when ministers happen to go by. But most of them are too old (no offense again) to relate to the issues that a 12 to 15 year old is having, while all of the older teens have recently been through much of the same and can give good advice.

Anyway, so there's its ups and downs. But we'll work with what we're given.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liyasa

~dawnduskDawn
Apr 21, 2009
✟370.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can see that, tpk.... maybe when someone has a serious question, they'll ask for a serious forum and then one will pop up and that will be solved. :)

hey, does anybody know if there's a teen bible study thing going on right now? I've sort of been looking around for one and haven't seen anything.

Upvote 0

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yeah, nesichah. most of the older teens that got banned are there even though most of their bans are lifted. I've tried to see if they would come back already but the only response I got was negative. They're still bitter about everything that went on. :/ Well... more will come.

About a Bible Study, I'd be willing to start one. I have to do a talk on James 1 for my youth group on the first of July so I might as well get it ready by doing a bible study out of it here and see how I do. :)
Just give me a little time to get something ready. Unless someone else wants to do a bible study. Of course, we can always have more than one I guess. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pianomaster42

Christian Musician
Jun 29, 2009
Illinois
✟15,237.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I heard all about the huge Banhammer (c) rage from my buddies Zoness and Vanguard lol
Apparently it was just a whole bunch of flame wars or something like that. (Correct me if I'm wrong about that though, by all means)

So yeah. I like the Bible study idea, but we should also have a lot of more practical studies or discussions, too. I really like religion compare/contrast stuff, talks about how science and religion do/don't mix, swapping ideas on how one should glorify God/live/etc.

Upvote 0