Let us say a prayer for President Elect Obama and our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds like all the more reason to pray for him. If you truly believe the presidency matters and that our new president-elect is not prepared to be a good president then I would think prayers for him would seem to you all the more urgent.

It is taking me alot of work to come to that conclusion, that I need to pray for him.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,870.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Xpy (I guess all of that talk on the other thread helped us see eye to eye... :) )

Interesting! How exactly does one go about doing that? :D
By doubting oneself (position/attitudes). By asking the simple questions, "Am I nuts?" "Have I gone off the deep end on something?" and seriously considering the possibility that we may have lost it. Then you go back to square one and reason it out again.
I use the same thing for faith - how reason accepts it. Is Orthodoxy true?
Maybe I've gone off the deep end on it. Doubt steps in...
Reason fires back:
1) death is still creeping closer
2) I have a burning desire to not die that requires explanation
etc etc, and step by step I keep coming back to faith as the only reasonable answer.

I suppose I could work out full trees for my positions on faith and politics - but it would be a lot of work, synthesizing a lot of knowledge and experience. But not here and now. For politics, see the mostly friendly and cordial thread where Xpy and I went back and forth.
http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7287270

Upvote 0

Vasileios

Eastern Orthodox Christian
Apr 15, 2006
Crete
✟15,480.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As an offtopic, the one thing that secures my (intellectual at least) faith is simply this:
"Explain rationally the elder Porphyrios and the elder Paisios. Were they lying?".

Impossible!

Lord have mercy on your new President. I find that when I have difficulty praying for someone, the problem lies in me, after all, praying for someone can never be wrong. Therefore, what I do is start by "Lord have mercy on ME".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.