Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Let His Glory Reign

READ: 2 Corinthians 3:7-18

2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV) "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Sometimes we throw a veil over God in our lives. We lift it only when we need Him, and throw the wet blanket over His consuming spiritual fire when we don’t need Him urgently. In one sense or another, He becomes our Spiritual Jack in the Box. We turn the handle only to have Him jump out and then turn around only to stuff Him back in the box until our next urgent moment or need. We do this because we do not want His glory reflected in our lives at inopportune times.

The apostle Paul urged the church at Philippi to "continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling" so that we "shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life" (Phil. 2:12, 15-16). He understood that as blood-bought believers in Christ, we can’t help but let our light shine for Jesus Christ. This is the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. That's why Paul also wrote, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:18). Though we may try to stop it at all costs, the Holy Spirit will continue to provide opportunities for us to shine like stars and serve Him on His terms and not on our God-in-the-box ways.

Whatever your circumstances are today, trust the Lord for the courage to light up the spiritual darkness around you.

Faith Lesson: Instead of putting God on your terms, allow His Spirit to move through you and impact those around you.

In Christ,
Darin Smith

Submitted by Richard

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nicole_07 said:
I need help with doing this I do tend to stick him by the wayside until I need him. I am working on it though in thanking him for all of my good thing that happen and before I go through something.
Practice makes perfect or close to it..:) :wave:

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
angelwind said:
This is so good to read this morning Richard...thanks...I think the Lord is finally getting me to a place where it is more about Him than me...it is a much better way to live.
Is there any other way??:) :wave:

Upvote 0