Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
i would happily switch to OSX if they released it for the x86 hardware without tying it down to Apple chosen hardware.

the interface is a much better than either XP or Vista and is internally self consistent.

The nearest I am likely to get to OSX (unless i inherit enough to buy a decent mac and the software) is the rocket dock software at the bottom of my screen.

see screenshot (taken with PrtScn button) of my desktop at home - yes it is XP (no it isn't WindowBlinds)

desktop.jpg

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not me. I am a Mac guy and the upgrade sounds liek it will be worth it, but I cannot spare the change.

:wave: hey Bud

Yeah, I ain't got the extra cash myself, just wondering what people see that would be the draw besides the eye candy...I watched the demo ads, the only thing I really saw of interest was the auto backup, and I'd have to finally get that other HD for that to work anyhow.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already have a free program called carbon copy that I use for that. Stacks looks pretty neat but again not useful enough for me to shell out the cash for it.

yeah, that's the key~not useful enough to pay for~I'll probably stay in Tiger for a while, it's pretty sweet ;)

And I'll check out CC (not if) when I get a backup HD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yeah, that's the key~not useful enough to pay for~I'll probably stay in Tiger for a while, it's pretty sweet ;)

And I'll check out CC (not if) when I get a backup HD.
You have not gotten a back up hard drive yet? If you have an old hard drive from a PC just buy an enclosure and make yer own buddy. I did, it works great. If I can find one around here I will if i can send one your way, i think I still have your addy.

Upvote 0

HazyRigby

Bunny Infidel
Aug 4, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟10,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What about the new release has you willing to buy it on release day?

Discussions such as this one—

Link

And the fact that it's been getting such positive reviews.

I've been a Mac fangirl for quite some time now, and I've never been in the least disappointed in a product (and this is after an iBook, a G5, the first release of the Intel Macs, three iPods, and an iPhone). I adore my desktop computer more than anything else I own, and I can't wait to see what Leopard has in store. :)

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I am a once you go Mac you never go back, but after some of the reviews I have read the five or six additions do not seem to be worth the cost. Albiet it is cheaper than Vista (they do not comapre I realize) it seems to me to be a pretty weak attempt based on past releases.

I dunno the video of the features looked okay but on a budget, I cannot afford that for what it brings.

But thanks for the link, and thanks for sharing :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I hope it works well for you Mac people since it took so long to come out.
I was quite put off that it (Leopard) took a back seat to that silly phone but I think that is the future of the company since they sell more iPods than computers to be an all around performer instead of one dimensional. At least it is functional out of the box and backwards compatable with most of our systems unlike that Vista fiasco.

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're welcome. :) I'll let you know if I have any strong impressions.
I actually might go to the premier tonite at my local Mac store. If I feel like it is worth it I just might pull the trigger myself. But yes let me know how it goes with yours :)

Upvote 0

mrpiddly

May 27, 2007
✟16,409.00
Faith
Atheist
Oh I am a once you go Mac you never go back, but after some of the reviews I have read the five or six additions do not seem to be worth the cost. Albiet it is cheaper than Vista (they do not comapre I realize) it seems to me to be a pretty weak attempt based on past releases.

I dunno the video of the features looked okay but on a budget, I cannot afford that for what it brings.

But thanks for the link, and thanks for sharing :)
in like a year or less, there will be tons of os10.5 only apps appearing just because of the new development tools.

And i would have to say its more then 6 main features, one of the main ones no one mentions is UNIX. There are lots of other huge features that most users will never notice.

Upvote 0