Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tomorrow marks Ash Wednesday I mentioned casually to the priest at one of the churches I attend that I have been abstaining from Lent and Easter for decades, after encountering negativity and toxicity at previous fellowships. Since however, I have been making more or less regular appearances since Advent, He was encouraging that I give it a try once again. Now at his church, I have not encountered the level of dysfunction and general self-loathing that were the norm when I last celebrated Easter. I am therefore going to follow a daily fast/abstinence program starting tomorrow. This will incur daily meditations including vespers, attendance at certain events and for the first time in decades, an Easter service at the church itself. We will see how it works out. My expectations are very low at this time, simply because I have never had any type of enlightening or positive experience with the Lenten/Easter season, but my hope remains that somehow, someway, i can find the inspiration to create for myself and those around me, a most meaningful and rewarding experience.