Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟16,322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There doesn't seem to be a good place for this thread . . . . so it's ended up here.

I'm probably going to stop posting on CF. It's not for any of the dramatic reasons I've come to read about lately — the supposed fighting and un-uniting that has supposedly plagued this website. Frankly, I wasn't really aware of this. I've stuck to the areas of the website that interest me, and they apparently weren't afflicted in this way (other than the evolution/creation debate, which I stopped being a part of 3 years ago).

Why, then, I'm I leaving? First of all, I don't have enough time to keep up with all of the forums and other Web 2.0 gadgets I'm now involved in, and simply have to make a choice.

Secondly, the quality of CF has diminished: It's become more about gadgets and games and CF pets and CF characters and other "meaningless frills," IMHO. Futher, the conversation in the two forums I frequented ("Missions and Evangelism" and "Creative Arts") has fallen off significantly in the past months — in quality and quantit — from when I joined a few years back.

Thirdly, I've found some new forums which focus more on what I'm interested in and which offer much more community. Both are much smaller, and not nearly so broad in scope. The discussion on these other boards is also more probing and stimulating than most of what I've been involved in on CF, particularly the last 18 months on CF.

Don't ask me why I'm even bothering to post this. I don't think I'll be missed for the most part, but I'm not lamenting that. Just stating a fact.

Don't think I haven't enjoyed and benefitted from my time on these forums; I have. But there comes a time when . . .

Reactions: caitlincares

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is one wonderful thing about this Forum that has not been mentioned. It is not out for any other reason other than to provide a network for the world to communicate . I congratulate the forum staff and its executive team for making this possible.

If this does not fit into your schedule at the moment then I understand. There has been no limitation placed on members. The only obvious limitations serve to protect it from outlaws and public obscenity.

If anyone chooses not to use some of the new features they indeed have the option not to.The debate and serious discussion areas are plentiful. Further this Staff is always willing to entertain suggestions and proposals.

Sometimes even the most serious members need to be able to fellowship and simply enjoy one anothers company.Myself included. This is done through a variety of threads which include games and fun activities. This I also applaud as it's availabity allows all members the opportunity to communicate outside the realms of serious discussion.

Many of the new tech devices offered are optional and are do not need to be activated by the members. This is clearly explained on the options page. If used these new devices only serve to make "Christian Forums" a more productive place to be.

In closing I wish you well in all of your endeavors and I will keep you in my prayers for much success.

I also pray for this forum to continue it's advances . It is my belief that these make this "Christian Forum" the finest in the world.

Be Well And God Bless You...

Upvote 0