Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I ran across the recipes in 1970. I'd been married about a year and Mother never taught me to cook. Well, I just had to try these! I knew an older lady from Southern Virginia and got tips from her.

Wash your green beans and then let them dry or pat them good and dry with paper towels. Thread a large needle with some strong white thread and you’re ready to begin. The stem end of the bean needs to be snapped off. You can leave the pointed end on. You can either use the whole bean, or do like I did, and snap the beans into one or two smaller sections.

Take the needle and run it though the middle of a section of the bean, being careful to not puncture the actual bean inside, but trying to insert the needle between the beans. You’re going in the side of the bean and not the long way down the middle.

When you put the first bean on the string, wrap the thread around that bean and tie a knot in it to hold the bean on the thread securely. Then, one at a time, thread the needle through each bean and slide it down to the next one. Repeat the process until you have a string filled with beans. Tie a knot around the last bean, just like you did with the first bean.

Hang the beans in a dry, damp free closet or storage area and let them dry out completely. (I just hung them across my little 1940s apartment kitchen.)

I lost my directions so use this link for photos and how to cook. BTW, I did not store them for a year --- I was anxious to try them. LOL.