LDS LDS: Jesus, Married with Children ???

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was a massive conspiracy. It's called the Great Apostasy and all us Catholics are in on it... Sorry...
Catholics controlled much of the books. But they did not control all of them. Let me ask you his. What does the bible say Mary Magdalene? Why would someone say she was a prostitute? Is that a traditional belief like Adam and Eve having intercourse the reason they got kicked out of the garden?

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Catholics controlled much of the books. But they did not control all of them. Let me ask you his. What does the bible say Mary Magdalene? Why would someone say she was a prostitute? Is that a traditional belief like Adam and Eve having intercourse the reason they got kicked out of the garden?
I don't think Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. I think that was part of a chauvinistic, sexist tradition which developed quite later. Mary Magdalene is the Apostle to the apostles, she needs to be reclaimed for feminist theology, just as Mary mother of God too needs to be reclaimed for feminist Catholicism! I want my Queen of Heaven back!

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is that a traditional belief like Adam and Eve having intercourse the reason they got kicked out of the garden?

Traditional view
of whom?

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
I've NEVER heard that in 46 years of being a Christian.

Are you trying to make me lol?

Now I bet you made that up?

ToBeLoved, there seems to be much within the Christian faith you haven't heard about yet (no offense intended- Christianity is a very diverse tradition). You ever thought about exploring different traditions within Nicene Christianity? Not for the purposes of converting or anything, but just for seeing what's around?

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are those who believe that is the reason

Not any folks I know.
Gen 1: 27-28 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth,

===

Sex can't be the reason for their expulsion. Now back to the thread topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, Ironhold. If Jesus had children is His DNA still in the human gene pool?
Sounds like

upload_2015-11-21_15-54-25.jpeg

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are so funneh.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In order to remain in the Garden, they had to be free from sin and transgression. By extension, however, they also lived in ignorance.

They ate the fruit of the tree, giving them wisdom and knowledge but transgressing in the process.
WHY IS it necessaruily wrong to live in ignorance? i could handle it, I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
WHY IS it necessaruily wrong to live in ignorance? i could handle it, I think.

The pair were so ignorant that they didn't even realize that they were naked. Makes you wonder how well they'd be able to fulfill the "be fruitful and multiply" command under such circumstances.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ToBeLoved, there seems to be much within the Christian faith you haven't heard about yet (no offense intended- Christianity is a very diverse tradition). You ever thought about exploring different traditions within Nicene Christianity? Not for the purposes of converting or anything, but just for seeing what's around?
I don't think that belief is in anyone's understanding.

WHy do not you share and show me what Christian Denomination states that they believe this? I'd be interested in what you would find. Every official denomiation shares their beliefs in their Statements of Faith.

I think that maybe you guys here a lot of doctrine that you think Christians believe so I'd like you to show me, because I think that it is Mormons who maybe think this, but it is not a mainstream belief.

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is that a traditional belief like Adam and Eve having intercourse the reason they got kicked out of the garden?

List a few people/churches who hold that intercourse was the reason for their expulsion, please.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The pair were so ignorant that they didn't even realize that they were naked. Makes you wonder how well they'd be able to fulfill the "be fruitful and multiply" command under such circumstances.
What does being naked have to do with sexual intercourse?

In a marriage, sex is not a bad thing. God gave us another in marriage to love and to fulfill basic human needs for closeness and union. Also to produce children.

Maybe having never seen, heard of or worn clothes is the simple explanation of why covering themselves was new to them. There was only one woman for Adam to stare at and that was his wife.

Have you thought these things through?

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does being naked have to do with sexual intercourse?

In a marriage, sex is not a bad thing. God gave us another in marriage to love and to fulfill basic human needs for closeness and union. Also to produce children.

Maybe having never seen, heard of or worn clothes is the simple explanation of why covering themselves was new to them. There was only one woman for Adam to stare at and that was his wife.

Have you thought these things through?
This doesn't come up often but I was on a anti Mormon website that had mainstream Christians who believed this from different denonminations that believed this. There were those that believed it was a fruit but the majority believed it was intercourse. I don't know why since they were told to have kids as well. This was years ago

Upvote 0