Lawsuit Claims School Prevented Boy From Wearing Jesus Costume for Halloween.

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the "stripper costumes" (though looking at what they wear normally is a nother discussion) was legal to where, then Yes I'd be asking the same question.
You would be asking why schoolchildren are not allowed to dress up like strippers during a school-sponsored event?

Weird.
Wouldn't you be wanting to know what Legal costumes are approved of ?
I would assume everything was approved save those things that were not. The latter would be the shorter list by orders of magnitude.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would be asking why schoolchildren are not allowed to dress up like strippers during a school-sponsored event?

Weird.

I would assume everything was approved save those things that were not. The latter would be the shorter list by orders of magnitude.
I used to be in the military.
I've seen strippers before the remove there clothing.
Know what ? There fully clothed before they strip.

So were you asking them if the dress up as strippers
Or if they strip ?

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

This is one of those situations where the school is damned if they do and damned if they dont.

If they let the kid wear the costume, they'll have secular people on the school's ass for "promoting religion". If they tell the kid he cant wear the costume, religious types will be saying that the school is "hindering a person's religious freedom".

No matter what the school does, they'll end up getting in trouble.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think everyone but the boy is wrong in this case.

First, the mother for using her son to protest in such a personal way.

Second, the school for prohibiting the costume.

Third, the policy that children have to be isolated if they don't conform to a silly tradition.

Fourth, that children are sent to the computer room. What happened to the library? Many more resources, much more to learn... and computers, too!

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

onzaga

Aug 6, 2004
new orleans
✟7,678.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
costumes are just that.when a person puts on a costume for whatever service or celebration i would think one in i don't know how many actually dissect their decision once it pops into their heads.in my experience a costume most of the time just sort of happens.if there is a theme you may give it a bit of thought but for the most part its put on for fun.i live in new orleans and we costume up quite a bit.mardi gras,strawberry fest,nutria fest,blues fest,french quarter fest.we fest alot.and there is always at least one jesus at every fest.at mardi gras,several dragging crosses,some surrounded by clouds,some with bottles of water full of wine.no disrespect jesus was a cool character.

Upvote 0

StudentoftheWord

Steward of the Word
Jun 11, 2004
\
✟9,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I still don't understand the objection to actually believers in Christ for a CHILD to dressing up as Jesus.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

I think I am more insulted by those who object to children dressing like Jesus who are 'Christian', than I do to a public school.

Upvote 0