Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi,
I don't know how to put it...ummm..let me just outline why I am here, asking for advise and prayer..
Well...first, you know the time when your all sparked up about God and his grace?
Well, I had it. Then all of sudden, it just died slowly and I started to back away step by step.
Let's be clear here...I know why.
I've been addicted to inappropriate contentography as long as I can remember from grade 2 and now, it just feels like dull, happy-doodle go-and-experience thingy everynight or so.
Is it okay? I am not sure.
I'm sure its wrong thing to do...I think its wrong but never actually feel* that its wrong.
BUt then again, its just one of few problems...
I think I wasted my life, despite God's intervention at some point.
I feel lost and hopeless, despite my Christian from in this dorm+house, I feel completely awkward and dejected from reality of life.
Look, all I see now its stupid slow-melancholic death. I can describe it no other way.
On the other hand, I don't know why I am here....attending university...and not doing very well. I feel as though I wasted all my months and even years. I see my Christian brothers doing all sorts of thing in pleasing God but I never care but to look upon it as purpose in life. It always interested me...charity and all...but I never had chance to go into it...let alone any relation to. I don't know why but I seem to detach myself from good works and helping poor...I don't know why I keep doing it...I don't know why I never get a chance to help the poor...I don't know why most of the time I am stuck in my room either reading comic book or playing game for what sake. I feel frustrated...when I think about what I do and don't do. I feel stupid...when I cannot do what I intended to do so that I may have time to give grace to the Lord...now I can't...I don't know why..
Please pray for me...
a little bit of private message to encourage might help too...
Thanks..

In grace, and faith, hope and future so ought....

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

You will be in my prayers for your strength and healing.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you †
Gail OCDS

Upvote 0

Kogenta

Aug 12, 2007
Marietta Ohio
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I don't know how to put it...ummm..let me just outline why I am here, asking for advise and prayer..
Well...first, you know the time when your all sparked up about God and his grace?
Well, I had it. Then all of sudden, it just died slowly and I started to back away step by step.
Let's be clear here...I know why.
I've been addicted to inappropriate contentography as long as I can remember from grade 2 and now, it just feels like dull, happy-doodle go-and-experience thingy everynight or so.
Is it okay? I am not sure.
I'm sure its wrong thing to do...I think its wrong but never actually feel* that its wrong.
BUt then again, its just one of few problems...
I think I wasted my life, despite God's intervention at some point.
I feel lost and hopeless, despite my Christian from in this dorm+house, I feel completely awkward and dejected from reality of life.
Look, all I see now its stupid slow-melancholic death. I can describe it no other way.
On the other hand, I don't know why I am here....attending university...and not doing very well. I feel as though I wasted all my months and even years. I see my Christian brothers doing all sorts of thing in pleasing God but I never care but to look upon it as purpose in life. It always interested me...charity and all...but I never had chance to go into it...let alone any relation to. I don't know why but I seem to detach myself from good works and helping poor...I don't know why I keep doing it...I don't know why I never get a chance to help the poor...I don't know why most of the time I am stuck in my room either reading comic book or playing game for what sake. I feel frustrated...when I think about what I do and don't do. I feel stupid...when I cannot do what I intended to do so that I may have time to give grace to the Lord...now I can't...I don't know why..
Please pray for me...
Thanks..

Hi there. My name is Joe. First of all, I know that you and I don't even know each other, but I do know your situation because I've been there for so long and I just want you to know that no matter the circumstances, no matter how dim that things may look, you need to keep the faith. God DOES love you, and He DOES care about you. His love will never change for you for as long as you live. He wants you to pursue happiness and at the same time, live a life that is right and just and in accordance with His Holy Word. Please continue on the fight of faith and you'll see in no time that you're on the right path. Remember this: Never base your Christianity on what you feel. Because if you feel that you're not a good Christian, then you'll believe it and lose all need to consult with God. Keep this in mind as you battle with your struggle.

-Joe.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't know why most of the time I am stuck in my room either reading comic book or playing game for what sake. I feel frustrated...when I think about what I do and don't do. I feel stupid...when I cannot do what I intended to do so that I may have time to give grace to the Lord...now I can't...I don't know why..
Please pray for me...
Thanks..

From what you say, it sounds as if you are slipping into depression. This is your body's way of saying something has to change. If you cannot work out for yourself what you need to change, and how to do it, then you should get help to do this.

I suggest you go to your doctor and tell him/her what you have said here, and ask for help.

This is not about you losing your faith. It is about you finding your life. You will find that when you find that, you will find your faith is safe and well, and still with you.

One last comment, about the inappropriate contentography. If you were hungry, would it satisfy you to read through a recipe book? You could flick through one to get ideas, but those pictures, however attractive, are not enough. They may feed the eyes, but not the rest of you.

Neither is inappropriate contentography the answer to your natural need for human companionship. Get out to the library or coffee bar and get some normal, ordinary, decent, human company.

I wish you well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear young brother, God sees your heart and the fact that you are wanting to be a better person alone means that you believe in him and his love. Your prayers will be answered. Ask for forgiveness and then forgive yourself. The hardest, and yet most important part is trying to stay positive no matter how bad your circumstances may seem be
cause it shows that you have faith (not worry or fear) in God's will for your life, and in his perfect timing. I will pray for you, God bless.

Father, in Jesus name I pray for your perfect will in this brother's heart, mind and soul. Draw him close to you and give him comfort, widsom and guidance. Thank you for this and for all you do, Amen!

Upvote 0