Last minute job interview, migraine. Quick prayer.

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I got a call from the recruiter and they set up an interview with me today in less than a half hour. And I woke up with a migraine level headache due to allergies today.

Please pray the interview goes well and the interviewer understands the itchy watery eyes and overall blah I have going on today.... I took some Claritin but that usually won't take effect for 24 to 48 hours so I am kind of on my own here...

Lord please help me here!

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay the good, the bad, and the ugly, in reverse order because I want to leave this with a sort of praise report.

The ugly. The headache got progressively worse and I really couldn't think straight. NOT a good thing for a technical interview for a senior level systems engineer.

The bad. That comment about not being able to think straight meant I couldn't answer a stupid simple question about scripting. If you are familiar with IT, and Linux in particular, I was asked about how to do a while loop. Simple right? I coudln't think.

The good. The supervisor that I interviewed with was an alumni of a former workplace I had been for nearly 2 decades, and he KNEW how demanding the department I was in was, and he knew / knows my past supervisor that I worked very well with, Thank you God.

I came clean and told the supervisor I am sorry I wasn't thinking straight, I was hit with a last minute request and not feeling great, I knew I whiffed the interview questions (as in baseball, when the batter swings and just catches air). But please let my work record speak for me, and to please talk to my prior supervisor.

It seemed like on a team level, there was good connection, and great banter, lots of commonality, including at least a few indications of a shared faith and family values.

Thank you God for the experience, and making the acquaintance of these nice people.

Upvote 0

seaofsand

Mar 22, 2020
Southwest US
✟34,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well. On the bright side, at least I don't have to commute accross / through the 4th largest city in the country now...

sigh...

I am so sorry it didn't work out. However, I truly believe when something doesn't work out like we wanted, God has something better in store. You'll get a good job soon that fits your needs. I will pray for you. Please let us know how it goes.

• Winner
Reactions: William J
Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am so sorry it didn't work out. However, I truly believe when something doesn't work out like we wanted, God has something better in store. You'll get a good job soon that fits your needs. I will pray for you. Please let us know how it goes.

Will do. And another learning experience. Let the recruiters and clients know when you are not up to doing an interview at a specific time.

For what it's worth, it would have been a long commute, and I am rather hoping for a remote position. My lovely bride and I are still hoping we can adopt and, well I want to not spend kids childhood away from my family stuck in traffic... SO maybe God just saved me from that. Only he knows. It's hard to stay positive on this, but I know God has something good, and soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums