Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know it may sound wierd, but these networks seemed to be heavily influenced by satan. Especially Fox and MTV. I see some very sick stuff on there that if I had kids I would not want them watching at all. I feel bad for the lady's kids. She's not teaching them a very good model of Christianity. This is why so many kids grow up and turn from God.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I did watch the second episode-- and it was even worst than the first.

It showed several times when the host family went out of their way to be nice to this lady, yet she was just rude, insulting, etc. to them--yelling at them, etc. because of their beliefs.

And, on top of it all, the lady turned out to be hypocritical-- because after tearing up the envelope and screaming, etc. about how she wasn't going to take the money because it was 'tainted' at the end of the show they scrolled notes up on the screen saying that 'after further review, Margaret decided to accept the $50,000'. I guess that's because the other lady had allotted $20,000 of it for Margaret to have the gastric bypass surgery she had been wanting.

Upvote 0

luvinjesus111

Feb 25, 2005
WV
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to bed & said a prayer. I would like to get on the news & explain that she is TOTALLY POSSESED BY SATAN!!! She said get the hell out of my house in the name of Jesus I pray :eek: :eek: :eek: That was surley a ploy by the enemy. Lord I pray for a complete deliverence for this woman.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father Rick said:
I did watch the second episode-- and it was even worst than the first.

It showed several times when the host family went out of their way to be nice to this lady, yet she was just rude, insulting, etc. to them--yelling at them, etc. because of their beliefs.

And, on top of it all, the lady turned out to be hypocritical-- because after tearing up the envelope and screaming, etc. about how she wasn't going to take the money because it was 'tainted' at the end of the show they scrolled notes up on the screen saying that 'after further review, Margaret decided to accept the $50,000'. I guess that's because the other lady had allotted $20,000 of it for Margaret to have the gastric bypass surgery she had been wanting.

At least I'm not the only one who noticed her hypocrisy. I thought I was the crazy one....

Upvote 0

*Miau*

♥ Inspired to Serve †
Nov 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟8,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
luvinjesus111 said:
Lord I pray for a complete deliverence for this woman.

Me too! I haven't been able to watch the two episodes, as I live in Scotland - I've only been able to watch a little clip of when she tears the envelope and demands people to leave her house "in jesus name".... Look at her eyes - she's wild and she really needs some serious deliverance, that's for sure. We should all pray for this woman and her family!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

luvinjesus111

Feb 25, 2005
WV
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After pondering on this woman I have come to the matter of repentence. Indeed there is something mentaly wrong with her. I can't quite put my finger on it but I know that I am wrong for my previous judgements. Quite sorry if I have offended anyone. May God set this woman on the right path.

Upvote 0

God_follower

God Follower all the way
Jul 29, 2003
Huntsville, Al
Visit site
✟1,057.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
haha u guys are funny, being so offended so easily, turning against her at the drop of a hat when people dont act they was you think they should. Blessed is he that is not offended in Me. I didnt see the video clip so i can only imagine, and my imagination is pretty wild, but even in my most crazy imagining i cant see anything that would draw out of me these kinds of responces... If you have a problem with the way the SECULAR media portrays christians, then dont watch it or try to change it, complaining about it wont work... trust me. Pray people! Pray for this woman if she has upset you. Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you... and some of you obviously feel persecuted by the way that you percieve that others percieve Christianity.

Upvote 0

Skyfel

Nov 10, 2005
Indy
Visit site
✟15,226.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen the first episode of this but I still have to watch the second one. I was shocked at how she was screaming at the people but I told my husband that I would have gone "off" too if that woman who was into the new age junk was in my house and hypnotizing my children and trying to sucker them into Satan's world. I would really be upset but I'm sure the producers of the show had a FIELD DAY when they saw how she reacted. I love her though and think we should all pray for her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
me said:
She ranted and raved like a full blown lunatic.

Please note that I didn't call her that. I only said she behaved like one. There is a difference.

That said, I do want to offer my sincerest apologies for offending. I'll grant that that statement does imply that I did call her that. I should know better. I too have mental illnesses that cause me to act like a full blown lunatic (albeight in a different way). I'm just fortunate that I don't have a camera in my face when I lose my cool. I don't want to be judged like I have judged. I am sorry.

The fact does remain though that she should've handled this a little better. Fact is, she did make Christians look like "full blown lunatics." She does need some counseling though. I don't mean that to be ugly either. Some people, like me, have to be taught how to handle emotions in adulthood since they weren't taught/or didn't learn it as children. Or, they learned destructive ways of coping.

I was actually embarrassed by this incident. And oh man, what she did to her family. They couldn't move, and they were speechless. What do you do in a situation like that? And the fact that all this was taped and aired on national TV.... Ouch.

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please note that I didn't call her that. I only said she behaved like one. There is a difference.

That said, I do want to offer my sincerest apologies for offending. I'll grant that that statement does imply that I did call her that. I should know better. I too have mental illnesses that cause me to act like a full blown lunatic (albeight in a different way). I'm just fortunate that I don't have a camera in my face when I lose my cool. I don't want to be judged like I have judged. I am sorry.

Hi s_gunter,

That's ok. I really appreciate your response. I just wanted us to be careful about the language we used. It was actually the use of the term lunatic I was objecting to in general. To say that someone behaves like a lunatic is to say that there is such a thing as a lunatic - which is the difficulty I have with the statement.

Yes, this woman did lose her cool. I have lost my cool lots of times. I have found, for me at least, it's not that I haven't been taught how to handle emotions (although I don't ever recall explicitly being taught about this), it's more that things have happened to me that would have the result of creating lots of emotion: for example, I had multiple bereavements, two family members were criticaly ill, I was bullied and I lost my job all in the space of 12 months. There were too many emotions to possible 'manage' them. For me at least, counselling was not the answer. I simply needed Christian fellowship - mutual sharing within the body of Christ - and plenty of time to talk to God. Maybe this is what this woman needs too - plenty of Christian love and compassion.

When we can come honestly before God, He can heal emotional issues from our past which influence our tolerance levels and our likelihood to 'blow up' or lose our cool. We need to rely on the healing power of the Holy Spirit to do this. Sometimes we need someone to stand with us and help us to talk things through, but any counselling must always be pointing someone back to the Father. Secular counselling often focuses on our accepting our 'selves', whereas our Christianity calls us to forget ourselves and concentrate on our Father. (I'm not saying tht you are advocating secular counselling, I'm just using the thread to stand on my soap box a little).

Anyway, I hope and pray this woman does begin to feel secure in her relationship with God and that He comes right into the middle of all relationships within that family.

Maharg

Upvote 0

rhemarob

May 8, 2004
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟731.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw the previews and decided not to watch it, its just another case of hollywood choosing to find the flakiest Christian they can and put them on TV.
How many times have you seen a Christian protrayed in a positive light by hollywood or the media?
Usually were the nutjob in every movie and television show and on the flip side of the coin every eastern religion is usually portrayed as enlightened and sensitive to the world around them.
I love movies and television but its clear where they stand regarding Christians.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.