Korea, the US, and two innocent little girls.

[dd]Saying that the soldiers who ran over the young girls are responsible for their actions is not a matter of wishing ill against the U.S., nor is it unjustly putting blame on the soldiers who are the ones who ran over the girls with their heavy equipment. It is addressing the reality of the situation. The girls didn't run out in front of the vehicle, therefore they are not responsible for their deaths. That only leaves three possibilities for the machine to have run over them.

1. A mechanical malfunction.

2. A natural phenomena, such as an earthquake.

3. Or operator error.

[dd]The size of the equipment or the poor design of the equipment are not acceptable excuses. Playing for nationalist sympathy is also not an acceptable position to adopt, especially since the Korean civilians have been victimized far too often by U.S. army personnel over the last half century, or more. If it was just an isolated and rare occurrence, then there wouldn't have been hundreds of thousand of protester in the streets calling for the U.S. to get out of their country. But the Korean civilians have been continuously enduring crimes against them on a massive scale which are perpetrated by U.S. army personnel. A study from 1967 to 1987 showed there were 40,000 crimes committed by G.I.'s against Koreans. A rate of five a day. That means it would be a constant topic of conversation among the Korean populace and a constant abrasive against their sensibilities. You can read about that crime here;

www.ahrchk.net/hrsolid/mainfile.php/1994vol01no01/1937/

[dd]In the ten month period from October 1992 to August 1993, there were 850 crimes by G.I.'s against Koreans and only 10 were dealt with in the Korean courts. Most of the time the G.I.'s just run back to base after they commit their crime because they know they have a good chance of not getting prosecuted once they are among their own kind and protected by the non-prosecuteable treaty. That's their shield and they know it, and they use it. There are numerous groups who are aware of this behavior and they plead with authorities to rectify the situation, as you can read here;

http://umns.umc.org/98/oct/593t.htm

[dd]The criminal behavior, on a massive scale, of U.S. army personnel against Koreans, can be dated back to before the Korean war of 1950, as this next site will tell you about;

www.ucanews.com/~ucasian/our/ko9901.htm

[dd]And the atrocities continued into the war, as the U.S. has admitted, and you can read about that here;

http://kn.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/html_dir/2001/01/27/200101270006.asp

[dd]There are many official U.S. government documents which authorized the wanton killing of innocent Korean civilians and you can read them here;

www.henryholt.com/nogunri/documents.htm

[dd]There is no shortage of evidence which proves that the U.S. army personnel have grossly mistreated Korean people ever since they've been there in their country and the Koreans are fully justified in wanting the U.S. forces to get out of their country. Taking umbrage at the revelation of the facts and pretending that all the massacres and the other massive amounts of crimes are just an aberration is to divorce oneself from the reality and it doesn't solve the problem. The only way to solve the problem is to address it and eradicate it. Nothing less is acceptable for humans who strive to live by a moral code. What the G.I.'s need is adult supervision, and perhaps a copy of the ten commandments nailed up above each of their bunks.

Upvote 0

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
OS -

And have ignored everything posted about the actual conditions.

False.

The only point you have addressed which was one of many, was possible malfunction of equipment.

False.

I have posted at least twice, several other factors including

*snip*

datan already brought up the "blind spot" issue on page 1 of this thread. I addressed it on page 2.

It's old news.

Neither you nor anyone else here, maliciously maligning

ROTFL! "Maliciously maligning"? Can you say "outrageous hyperbole"?

I knew you could! :D

the soldiers involved made the slightest attempt to avail yourselves of ALL the pertinent information

False.

As early as page 1, datan was presenting links to additional information. (Including the "blind spots" issue.) I acknowledged it on page 2. You then came along and "explained" the very point that he had already addressed in some detail.

Next time, get your facts straight before you start hurling abuse. :rolleyes:

before pronouncing judgement on the soldiers and the U.S. in general.

I don't see anyone "pronouncing judgement on the US in general." :cool:

Upvote 0

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
John -

Saying that the soldiers who ran over the young girls are responsible for their actions is not a matter of wishing ill against the U.S., nor is it unjustly putting blame on the soldiers who are the ones who ran over the girls with their heavy equipment. It is addressing the reality of the situation. The girls didn't run out in front of the vehicle, therefore they are not responsible for their deaths. That only leaves three possibilities for the machine to have run over them.

1. A mechanical malfunction.

2. A natural phenomena, such as an earthquake.

3. Or operator error.

The size of the equipment or the poor design of the equipment are not acceptable excuses. Playing for nationalist sympathy is also not an acceptable position to adopt, especially since the Korean civilians have been victimized far too often by U.S. army personnel over the last half century, or more. If it was just an isolated and rare occurrence, then there wouldn't have been hundreds of thousand of protester in the streets calling for the U.S. to get out of their country. But the Korean civilians have been continuously enduring crimes against them on a massive scale which are perpetrated by U.S. army personnel. A study from 1967 to 1987 showed there were 40,000 crimes committed by G.I.'s against Koreans. A rate of five a day. That means it would be a constant topic of conversation among the Korean populace and a constant abrasive against their sensibilities. You can read about that crime here;

www.ahrchk.net/hrsolid/mainfile.php/1994vol01no01/1937/

In the ten month period from October 1992 to August 1993, there were 850 crimes by G.I.'s against Koreans and only 10 were dealt with in the Korean courts. Most of the time the G.I.'s just run back to base after they commit their crime because they know they have a good chance of not getting prosecuted once they are among their own kind and protected by the non-prosecuteable treaty. That's their shield and they know it, and they use it. There are numerous groups who are aware of this behavior and they plead with authorities to rectify the situation, as you can read here;

http://umns.umc.org/98/oct/593t.htm

The criminal behavior, on a massive scale, of U.S. army personnel against Koreans, can be dated back to before the Korean war of 1950, as this next site will tell you about;

www.ucanews.com/~ucasian/our/ko9901.htm

And the atrocities continued into the war, as the U.S. has admitted, and you can read about that here;

http://kn.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/da...00101270006.asp

There are many official U.S. government documents which authorized the wanton killing of innocent Korean civilians and you can read them here;

www.henryholt.com/nogunri/documents.htm

There is no shortage of evidence which proves that the U.S. army personnel have grossly mistreated Korean people ever since they've been there in their country and the Koreans are fully justified in wanting the U.S. forces to get out of their country. Taking umbrage at the revelation of the facts and pretending that all the massacres and the other massive amounts of crimes are just an aberration is to divorce oneself from the reality and it doesn't solve the problem. The only way to solve the problem is to address it and eradicate it. Nothing less is acceptable for humans who strive to live by a moral code. What the G.I.'s need is adult supervision, and perhaps a copy of the ten commandments nailed up above each of their bunks.

Amen to that. :cool:

Upvote 0