Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
In several other nations gun control has been effective in significantly reducing gun suicides and gun accidents as well as gun homicides. If a person wants to kill s/he will certainly find a way but we do not need to make it easy to kill or wound a large number of people in a short period of time.

Apparently you're not familiar with these:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dead-130-injured-china-knife-wielding-spree-n41966

Woman killed, 12 injured in Beijing mall knife attack

Eight dead after Xinjiang knife attack Eight people are dead after a knife attack in China's restive Xinjiang region.

China knife attack: 18 injured in mass stabbing, suspect shot and arrested

Not Just Sandy Hook: China’s Terrifying Knife Attacks

Japan knife attack: At least 19 dead - CNN

13 Mass Killings Where No Guns Were Involved

Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,829.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The thing with this is that in British law it's already illegal to sell a knife (unless it has a less than three inch folding blade) to anyone under eighteen. The proposed ban on internet sales is mostly due to the fact that it's very difficult to ask for ID if you're selling online.
And carrying in public (again, unless it's a <3" folding blade) without a good reason (taking work knives to and from work and religious reasons - Sikhs carrying Kirpans, are given examples of good reasons, but not the only ones) is also already an offence.

Upvote 0

bhillyard

Mar 1, 2010
U.K.
✟284,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am in England. From what the quotes say they are banning delivery to the home. I regularly order items to be delivered to my local post office from where I can colect them - for example for when I think I will be away when they arrive.
So the post office staff could check my age on collection.
I had a 20 inch cooks knife delivered that way. Mind you at 71 I would be pleased if they thought I am under 18!

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
London Mayor Sadiq Khan enacts ‘knife control’ policies to crack down on stabbing epidemic

Home deliveries of knives will be banned in government crackdown

Anyone buying a knife online will be banned from having it sent to a residential address, under a government crackdown following a surge in street stabbings.

New legislation, to be brought forward within weeks, will also make it illegal to possess zombie knives and knuckledusters in private – or any knife on
further education premises.

The measures – which also include a ban on
acid sales to under-18s – will all be included in a new “serious violence strategy”, to be launched by the home secretary, Amber Rudd, on Monday.

It follows six shootings and stabbings in London in the past week alone and more than 50 murders in the capital in just the first three months of the year.

Gun control did not equal violence control or murder control. Knife and acid control will be the same. The lesson will not be learned.

There are going to be murders in a city the size of London. Given that gun control has proven quite effective in the capital knives are pretty much the only common potential weopan left to potential murderers. But fact is like the use of cars (which also kill) knives are pretty important for living. We use knives for the cooking and preparing food. So you cannot ban knives entirely. Not sure we really need any extra legislation here. The real problems are to do with radicalised sub cultures which need to be better identified and policed. It is a shame when a politician gets on the bandwagon of popular outrage and overreacts thus increasing the level of intrusion by the state into normal living by normal people.

Upvote 0

WotanMitUns

May 25, 2018
Islamabad
✟378.00
Country
Turkmenistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are going to be murders in a city the size of London. Given that gun control has proven quite effective in the capital knives are pretty much the only common potential weopan left to potential murderers. But fact is like the use of cars (which also kill) knives are pretty important for living. We use knives for the cooking and preparing food. So you cannot ban knives entirely. Not sure we really need any extra legislation here. The real problems are to do with radicalised sub cultures which need to be better identified and policed. It is a shame when a politician gets on the bandwagon of popular outrage and overreacts thus increasing the level of intrusion by the state into normal living by normal people.
The way to overcome the problem of gang violence and knives is not to make it more difficult to buy or carry knives but to put a stop to the people who are engaged in this activity who are mostly of immigrant stock from getting in in the first place. Halt and reverse immigration-THAT is the solution!

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way to overcome the problem of gang violenc7e and knives is not to make it more difficult to buy or carry knives but to put a stop to the people who are engaged in this activity who are mostly of immigrant stock from getting in in the first place. Halt and reverse immigration-THAT is the solution!

Agreed knives themselves are not the problem.

Wotan father of the gods in the old pagan german mythology. On the German army buckles in WW2 it was "Gott mit uns" but I guess Wotan might have been closer to what they meant. But Wotan was not born in Pakistan nor did he emigrate to Austria even via Anschluss.

But even Pakistani immigrants are not the source of all crime, evil , pain , suffering, economic decline blah....

The actual roots of gang violence lie in a failure of law and order , in the dissolution of families and communities, poverty and as a result of the new(old) paganism. Muslim immigrants are mainly well behaved.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0