Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A local chapter of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan launched a neighborhood watch in the area of Ridge Road in Fairview Township in response to a recent rash of break-ins, said Frank Ancona, the organization’s imperial wizard and president.

Leadership of a local Traditional American Knights chapter contacted the organization’s headquarters in Park Hills, Mo., to find out whether the national organization would sponsor the crime watch, and Ancona said he gave the midstate “klavern” his blessing.

KKK imperial wizard: Neighborhood watch underway in Fairview Township | PennLive.com

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A local chapter of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan launched a neighborhood watch in the area of Ridge Road in Fairview Township in response to a recent rash of break-ins, said Frank Ancona, the organization’s imperial wizard and president.

Leadership of a local Traditional American Knights chapter contacted the organization’s headquarters in Park Hills, Mo., to find out whether the national organization would sponsor the crime watch, and Ancona said he gave the midstate “klavern” his blessing.

KKK imperial wizard: Neighborhood watch underway in Fairview Township | PennLive.com

Off color, but I'm posting it anyway, this is a joke an old black man told me years ago.... There were two black women talking to each other, and one said to the other "I believe my husband is in the Klan." "Now that's not possible, blacks aren't allowed in the Klan" states her friend. "Oh yes he is, for he sure is a wizard under the sheets".^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what they will do it the break ins are by poor white trash.

What makes you think they'll catch them in the last census roughly 3.5% of the township population belonged various minorities so they have some residents to stalk and harass clean out of the township before they start dealing with the burglaries.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The more I think about this, the less comfortable I would be with it. There's probably nothing that they can do to keep the KKK from hosting a neighborhood watch, but that's beside the point. I kind of wonder if this could set the stage for a disastrous hate crime on the off-chance that the perpetrator does turn out to be a minority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
My guess is if they catch someone that is just "white trash" or a white person, they will just turn them over to the police and make a point of "see? We just want to catch the bad guy."
If they catch someone that is a minority, they will turn them over to the police to make the point of "see? The [minority] are a PROBLEM! But we are doing the right thing so we are the good guy!"

In either case, the KKK comes out looking good in that area, and the bad guy gets caught.

I really despise the fact that the KKK still exists and it scares me to think there are even enough of them to stage a neighborhood watch that gets attention. But I am curious to see if they actually catch anyone, admittedly.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My guess is if they catch someone that is just "white trash" or a white person, they will just turn them over to the police and make a point of "see? We just want to catch the bad guy."
If they catch someone that is a minority, they will turn them over to the police to make the point of "see? The [minority] are a PROBLEM! But we are doing the right thing so we are the good guy!"

I guess it depends on just how overzealous the particular individual involved in catching them is. If it's a typical member, then they'll just turn them into the police and make racist rants. It might briefly make for good publicity in the area, but overall, the Klan has a (deserved) reputation, and things like this aren't going to change that. If it's a psycho, they might beat the person to death :(

Upvote 0

Sunshine Locket

This isn't what the Genie in the bottle promised
Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
It would require someone alive in the time but didn't the Black Panthers initiate something like a neighborhood watch program during the civil rights era?

I know they had a neighborhood support system. Feeding the poor, food kitchens, and the like. But didn't they also patrol their neighborhoods to keep them safe?

I'd wonder what inspired the KKK to make this announcement. The demographic in Fairview is mostly white.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd wonder what inspired the KKK to make this announcement. The demographic in Fairview is mostly white.

There are a few reasons.

First, members of racial hate groups like the KKK often don't have a firm grasp on exactly what percent of the population is non-white. In some areas where the local population is mostly white, they will assume that the national population is majority black. No, it doesn't make sense, but it happens. Beyond that, a lot of racists assume that almost all crime is committed by minorities, even if they have a better grasp of how much of the population is white.

The most important reason, though, is just publicity. Even if they know that it's almost certainly someone white, they're going to get good press if they look like they're doing something beneficial in the community. Particularly if they actually do something that leads to his or her arrest (and particularly if the person is white), they think that they'll get props.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It would require someone alive in the time but didn't the Black Panthers initiate something like a neighborhood watch program during the civil rights era?

I know they had a neighborhood support system. Feeding the poor, food kitchens, and the like. But didn't they also patrol their neighborhoods to keep them safe?

I think the Black Panthers that was mentioned earlier is not the real Black Panthers of the Civil Rights era, but a newer version or spin-off or new organization with the similar name "New Black Panthers" which is more or less the Klan in reverse.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah...the Black Panthers have a lot more of a complex history than the KKK. The KKK started out as a social club, but because of societal factors at the time, it became a racial hate group with extreme rapidity before effectively breaking down and then being resurrected in the early 20th century. There's not really a lot there to discuss. They may not have been a hate group from the start, but they became one quickly enough that it startled Bedford Forrest, their first major leader, into attempting to disband them.

The Black Panthers, on the other hand, started as the original Black Panther Party. The BPP had its definite issues, and I'm not going to try to downplay those. It was militant, and members sometimes committed extremely violent (and even outright horrifying) acts. There were definitely racist aspects, particularly early on, and some of their anti-zionism could get into the blurred borderland between rationally considered streams of opposition to Israeli settlement and pure anti-semitism.

The New Black Panther Party, on the other hand, is a racial hate group, pure and simple. Even with its many issues, members of the original BPP frown on the NBPP and do not consider it a legitimate successor to their ideological tradition.

When considering the complicated legacy of the original Black Panther Party, you have to separate it from the newer group. With the KKK, while there isn't a direct line of succession, the ideological succession is pretty clear. With the Black Panthers, I would consider posting quotes on the issue of race from the older and newer groups for consideration, but some of the ones from the New Black Panther Party would have to be censored so heavily that they would be unintelligible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps they aim to keep it that way...

Or intend to drive the few minorities who live there out making it entirely white.

Although most likely this is just attempt to improve there public image just like when the Klan has volunteered to clean sections of highway both are futile some community service isn't going to change the publics general view of group which has as long and evil of a history as the Klan does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Or intend to drive the few minorities who live there out making it entirely white.

Although most likely this is just attempt to improve there public image just like when the Klan has volunteered to clean sections of highway both are futile some community service isn't going to change the publics general view of group which has as long and evil of a history as the Klan does.

Any Klansman who thinks there's even a possibility of improving their image has been inhaling too much lint through their white hood.

Upvote 0