LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I share your disgust. It is precisely this behavior, coupled with the creation or promotion of smear threads against political adversaries while similar topics regarding candidates that the same posters intend to vote for go ignored, that led me to explore my motivations and then ultimately lose my faith. I reason that Christians who believe will embrace honesty and dignity, and when I note that so many professed Christians here display overt rejection of both, I had to wonder if virtually everyone's faith is a lie. Maybe just a convenient way to balm anxiety and to avoid having to answer difficult questions from themselves about their personal failures, maybe a needed way to feel a sense of tribe, whatever. The beautiful thing is, I kept what was best from Christianity, the love of neighbor and service. I still believe we shoukd give our lives in service of our fellow man, even if I'm not sure there's a reward. I think maybe the knowledge that you're a decent man is the reward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you aware of what the Church says about it when a Catholic says that they reject the faith?

I am aware of what ignorant Catholics think ammounts to a formal act of defection.

I have not rejected my faith.

I also won't report you for goading, because I am a man who wants a decent human being who is not a failure and crybaby. Just not my style.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am aware of what ignorant Catholics think ammounts to a formal act of defection.

I have not rejected my faith.

I also won't report you for goading, because I am a man who wants a decent human being who is not a failure and crybaby. Just not my style.
Thanks for the warning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The warning? I didn't warn you, I answered your question directly. Why did you edit your post from "I was trying to get clarification. So thanks for clarifying your intention."?
I said thanks for clarifying in response to you saying "I have not rejected my faith." And I changed it after reading the rest of what you said, to respond to that. I'm disengaging now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.