Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
It is important to see these versions for what they are. There are many bible verses in there that are not changed, and it is not surprising that God can use that to get someone's attention. God used a donkey to tell the truth to Balaam. (Numbers 22:21-35)

However, here is a test to take. Anyone reading this can take the test. The instructions say to NOT use your memory, or your own understanding, but the actual words in the NIV. If you know better, and could answer from memory, it is good, but that is NOT what this test is about.

Test your NIV. Answer these questions out of your Bible.

"The NIV Challenge" By Rex L. Cobb

These things are very important. These are the things that make the Bible the word of God, or just another history book or poetry book.

I don't need a test to tell me what I know to be true.

Nothing anyone says will change my mind. God's word is contained in more English Bibles than just the KJV.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is important to see these versions for what they are. There are many bible verses in there that are not changed, and it is not surprising that God can use that to get someone's attention. God used a donkey to tell the truth to Balaam. (Numbers 22:21-35)

However, here is a test to take. Anyone reading this can take the test. The instructions say to NOT use your memory, or your own understanding, but the actual words in the NIV. If you know better, and could answer from memory, it is good, but that is NOT what this test is about.

Test your NIV. Answer these questions out of your Bible.

"The NIV Challenge" By Rex L. Cobb

These things are very important. These are the things that make the Bible the word of God, or just another history book or poetry book.

He won't listen. He's a Lutheran who believes in theistic evolution. He apparently only came to the Baptist forum to make trouble, not to listen.
All that's important to him is that he gets to keep his modern versions and not listen to anybody point out the wickedness of their editors and publishers and the perversions of God's Word contained in them. When somebody is this resistant to rationale, I really have to wonder if they are born again. I want to hear his testimony to see if he needs to be told how to be saved.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
God's Word is not in modern versions. Why are you so resistant to reason?

Pardon me for asking, but can you tell me what happened so you became "born again" as Jesus said "ye must be born again"? Or is that passage changed in your favorite modern books so you don't read that Jesus said you "must be born again" ?

I love to hear testimonies of how sinners came to realize they need to be saved and got saved. Can you tell me your testimony please? When did you get saved? What happened to make you see you needed to be saved?

I don't need to tell you how I came to be saved. That is truly none of your business.

Here are verses out of each different version that show that it still states that one must be born again, which I am. I included the KJV as well.

New International Version
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God."

English Standard Version
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

New American Standard Bible
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Please do not take my not wanting to tell you how how I came to be saved, but that is not something that I must divulge to you. I hope that you can understand.

This will be my last post in this thread. There is no sense in continuing to go round and round in a circular argument.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't need a test to tell me what I know to be true.

Nothing anyone says will change my mind. God's word is contained in more English Bibles than just the KJV.

Yeah sure, and you can find God's Word when you turn over a rock in a river where the rock has been smoothed by the water for centuries. The only problem is that it comes to you by impressions which are subjective to your feelings and opinions rather than in writing that is irrevocable because the Writer is the Truth.

And if you really were guided by the Holy Spirit into all truth, you would have to reject all modern versions as imposters of the Word of God because of the changes and deletions which prove they are contrary to God's Word.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
He won't listen. He's a Lutheran who believes in theistic evolution. He apparently only came to the Baptist forum to make

I need to respond to this part of your reply to me.

Yes, I am Lutheran, and there is nothing wrong with being Lutheran.

Second, I did not come to make trouble. I came in fellowship. One does not need to agree with everything another says in a particular forum in order to fellowship in that forum. Especially since KJVO is not a standard in Baptist circles. So I have not broken any of the forum rules.

As for being resistant to rationale, I just do not agree with the KJVO position. That is not being resistant to rationale, that is disagreeing with a viewpoint.

However, I forgive you for trying to discredit me.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Yeah sure, and you can find God's Word when you turn over a rock in a river where the rock has been smoothed by the water for centuries. The only problem is that it comes to you by impressions which are subjective to your feelings and opinions rather than in writing that is irrevocable because the Writer is the Truth.

I check all impressions against the Bible. What doesn't line up I know is not from Him. There is nothing in teh Bible that states one must only read the KJV of the Bible.

Only opinions from people who take verses out of context to try and prove a fallacy in regards to promoting the KJV only camp.

This is truly my last post in this thread. I will see you in Paradise.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't need to tell you how I came to be saved. That is truly none of your business.

Here are verses out of each different version that show that it still states that one must be born again, which I am. I included the KJV as well.

New International Version
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God."

English Standard Version
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

New American Standard Bible
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Please do not take my not wanting to tell you how how I came to be saved, but that is not something that I must divulge to you. I hope that you can understand.

This will be my last post in this thread. There is no sense in continuing to go round and round in a circular argument.

there is a big difference between "is" and "be" in that comparison. "Except a man be born again" implies that being born again is something that happens at a specific point in time and from then on is a continuing state.. The NIV rendering of that passage takes away the aspect of an event and changes being born again into a personal choice rather than an act of God. The same way a person can say "I'm born again" is the same way a person can say "God's name is Allah and Muhammed is his prophet, therefore I am Muslim" A person has to "be" born again before anybody can really say that he really "is" born again.

All the Christians I know are happy to tell their personal salvation testimony and they don't take offense at being asked to tell. I don't know why you should be offended at me asking. The way I understand you is that you cannot explain to me how you know your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven and I just have to believe you really know and can tell me but you don't feel like it. That's ok, many Christians are unable to explain this. I only hope you really are saved. I don't know if you are saved or not if you won't explain to me how you know you are. I guess I'll just have to take your word that you are saved, but I can't help wondering if you really are saved because you are acting like you are offended by me asking you how you know you are saved. Don't get offended .

I can tell you how I know I am saved, and will be more than happy to do so. I love to tell the story of how I got saved. Would it bother you if I told how and when I got saved?

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
All of those versions you quote make the same key change in deleting "be" born again and changing it to "is" or "are". They are taking away the part where you have to "be" born again as something that happens to you, an act of God, and replacing it with something you can do all by yourself like being born again is nothing more than joining a club or a fraternal order of Water Buffalos or something like that.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
wow, that's pretty amazing how all the modern versions change that passage about being born again and make it into something you do rather than something that God does. I was only taking a stab at that when I asked if your pet fake Bibles change that passage. Thank you for pointing out once more how modern versions are unholy and not the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I need to respond to this part of your reply to me.

Yes, I am Lutheran, and there is nothing wrong with being Lutheran.

Second, I did not come to make trouble. I came in fellowship. One does not need to agree with everything another says in a particular forum in order to fellowship in that forum. Especially since KJVO is not a standard in Baptist circles. So I have not broken any of the forum rules.

As for being resistant to rationale, I just do not agree with the KJVO position. That is not being resistant to rationale, that is disagreeing with a viewpoint.

However, I forgive you for trying to discredit me.

I'm trying to establish your credentials by helping you to explain how you are born again. I didn't mean to run you off. I really hope you are saved. Saying you will see me in paradise is a bad answer since I am going to heaven and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are going to paradise when in reality they have rejected the only Savior and their only hope of being saved from Hell.

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to the amount of Flaming going on AND Congregational Forum Restrictions rule violations, staff has decided to keep the thread closed permanently.

~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.