Kinda sad, but I don't know where to put this thread.

FoogieFighters

Congratulations Carolina Hurricanes! '06
Feb 10, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know, I've been sitting here for awhile really sad because I don't have any friends that like anime and expecially a guy-friend/boy-friend who likes anime and stuff like that.

I can understand kinda the friends not liking anime, but I thought there were 'nerds' all over the place who loved video games and anime who wanted a g/f??

And it's not that I'm picky either (except the teeth haha) but I really don't know what to do....and I don't know why I'm so sad.

I had to tell someone, but I can't talk to my friends about it because they'd laugh at me and any other forum site would just scream at the fact that I'm spamming...

I know I'm not the prettiest (at all) person in the world...but I dunno...I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Sorry for such a rant. You guys don't have to reply to this, and I would have posted it in a blog, but I didn't want people outside of the anime/manga forum to read it....

So yeah...that's all.

Thanks for letting me get that out. :(

Dragonfly88

I am a 19 yr old legend
Dec 28, 2004
New York State
✟22,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand how you feel. I dont have any friends that like anime, in fact I dont have any friends right now in person. It is hard on me, for I am very lonely.
So I feel for you, I wish there were more people who like anime and were more willing to be a friend.

Upvote 0

FoogieFighters

Congratulations Carolina Hurricanes! '06
Feb 10, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It sucks doesn't it? Because it's like we all talk on here and we're all pretty close I suppose. Then it's back to reality and it's like oh yeah...can't talk about anime, it's like the 'forbidden word' . If you have AIM you should IM me sometime...well idk if you wanted to.

Upvote 0

ScarletWitch

If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
Aug 10, 2005
✟11,303.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
i feel so bad for you guys. my friends and i talk about anime all the time, i can't even imagine what it'd be like to not have friends that like some form of anime. just pm me and i'll talk about any aniime you want and be your friend. how about a to cheer you guys up?

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, Foogie. I can't really say I know how you feel, aside from the whole feeling on how physically attractive you are. I'm not much of an anime fan, but I can definately see where you are coming from.

Yes, there are plenty of anime and video game nerds out there, who would probably sell their souls(not Xboxes or Inuyasha DVD sets, though...) for a girlfriend. But thats the thing... don't let it get to you to the point where you'll take the first thing that comes your way. I speak from experience when I say that is NOT the way to go. My first girlfriend I dated was the first girl to openly admit that she liked me. We had a few things in common, but we soon realized it wasn't much. You could find someone with a huge anime obsession, loves video games, and has nice and kinky biting teeth, but if they don't like anything else that you do, or agree with you on anything else... it'll be pretty hollow.

And before I go and offend you, I am not assuming that you are just looking for those things.:) That was a just-in-caser. But still... just keep in mind that the longer you let the guys who aren't right for you go by, the higher your chance of being available when you run into someone you really seriously like as a friend and want a relationship with.

Bah... you probably know to do all this.:doh: Before I put my foot in my mouth anymore, I'm gonna end it and wish you well in finding a great guy who shares all of your passions.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FoogieFighters said:
I don't know, I've been sitting here for awhile really sad because I don't have any friends that like anime and expecially a guy-friend/boy-friend who likes anime and stuff like that.

Wait til college. You can't be the only geek in the area.

FoogieFighters said:
I can understand kinda the friends not liking anime, but I thought there were 'nerds' all over the place who loved video games and anime who wanted a g/f??

*Abbadon raises hand for himself and about a dozen other people he knows personally, mainly his D&D group*

FoogieFighters said:
I know I'm not the prettiest (at all) person in the world...but I dunno...I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Looking at the profile picture, I don't see a single ugly girl. I'm serious.

FoogieFighters said:
Sorry for such a rant. You guys don't have to reply to this, and I would have posted it in a blog, but I didn't want people outside of the anime/manga forum to read it....

So yeah...that's all.

Thanks for letting me get that out. :(

No problem.

It does get pretty dull, but I've seen people far worse off not only get companions, but have kids. And I mean people that should, by all logic, not be breeding. At first, it doesn't seem great, but then there's this to think: "Well, heck, if he/she can get married, then there's got to be someone out there gullible, er... good enough to choose me!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In my experience friendships based off "fandoms" go to hell sooner or later anyway. Look, you're never going to share all of your interests with your friends, but you'll always have common ground. Don't view it as a problem if you aren't identical, because that isn't ever going to happen.

The other thing I would really suggest to avoid is to ever start to define yourself as an "anime fan." There's no reason to take anime so seriously that it starts to define you. Sure you can watch it and you can love it but make sure that you are a "person that likes anime" instead of "an anime fan who happens to be a person with other interests."

You'd be surprised the people that you will find in the world if you keep your eyes open. But you won't find them if you limit your horizons to just anime. And who knows, you might find that they like anime anyway.

There's always oddities, anyway. I have a friend who hates anime but ranks Dunbine as one of his favorite shows anyway.

Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
:hug:

MoonlessNight said:
In my experience friendships based off "fandoms" go to hell sooner or later anyway. Look, you're never going to share all of your interests with your friends, but you'll always have common ground. Don't view it as a problem if you aren't identical, because that isn't ever going to happen.

The other thing I would really suggest to avoid is to ever start to define yourself as an "anime fan." There's no reason to take anime so seriously that it starts to define you. Sure you can watch it and you can love it but make sure that you are a "person that likes anime" instead of "an anime fan who happens to be a person with other interests."

You'd be surprised the people that you will find in the world if you keep your eyes open. But you won't find them if you limit your horizons to just anime. And who knows, you might find that they like anime anyway.

There's always oddities, anyway. I have a friend who hates anime but ranks Dunbine as one of his favorite shows anyway.

What he said.

My best friends don't like anime, and right now I'm not exactly friends with the one person I could discuss anime with. Kinda weird, if you think about it. ^_^

And boys have cooties. I just poke them and run away screaming while they steal my dolls. :p

Upvote 0

-Kuro

Abunai
Feb 15, 2005
Unknown
Visit site
✟5,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
take up lots of hobbies and you can make ore friends that way! im sorry-but i dont know what you feel,i dont like anime all that much myself...i like manga:p
take up some sports you like! there are alot of anime sports books,show them to those people and they might like them.
if you want to make lots of anime friends and stuff-
http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

its in 2 days..i found out about it today...click for more details.

Upvote 0