• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
so pathetic.. coming to a message board, cuz there no one else to go to..

he just left. i was sick, and he stuck around. now that im getting better..he just up and leaves..
leaves.
leaves.

everybody leaves me

:cry:

seriously can't deal right now.

my only real friend left.
i want to leave to.

:( :( :(

cant breathe.d
pathetic, i am, i am.

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but please understand that you have a lot of wonderful people who care about you here. I rarely see this kind of support and caring at a message board. Please don't let the actions of one person at a particular time cause you to sum up your entire being in it. You're the only you who ever existed. You're the only one with your set of talents, experiences, and wisdom to bring to the world. Someone getting up and leaving doesn't change any of that. But it gets even better:

You are an image-bearer of God. :clap:

Upvote 0

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i thought that when eu start to get btter, startt to confide in pl, things start to look up?

all its done is tooken away the only thing i had going for me.

i got nothing.
i thoiught god only give u what u can handle?
im not strong enuff to hold on anymoe.

i never was strong to begin with.
ii was... it never would have happened to begin with.
weak.
im dsgusting and weak, no wonder he left.

:(
i;d leave me too :(

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Look at it this way, if he isn't reliable enough to be there when you need him, then he isn't someone that you can count on and he really isn't someone that you need to be with. Someone who really loves you and cares for you will be there when you need them. In the good and the bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
urbanfaerie said:
i thought that when eu start to get btter, startt to confide in pl, things start to look up?

all its done is tooken away the only thing i had going for me.

i got nothing.
i thoiught god only give u what u can handle?
im not strong enuff to hold on anymoe.

i never was strong to begin with.
ii was... it never would have happened to begin with.
weak.
im dsgusting and weak, no wonder he left.

:(
i;d leave me too :(

Well, you mentioned it was when you got better that he left you. So that might reveal something. Perhaps a codependence? If that's the case, maybe it wasn't a healthy relationship to begin with...And if you're getting better, this opens the door for relationships that are healthy. All you need is time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing you should NEVER think is that you're just bugging us or that we're only here to fix you - then forget. Many of us are here because we've been where you are, and if you were here (in real life) I for one would stay up all night to be your friend. Perhaps I cannot help anybody (I'm neither a therapist, nor God) but I care more than I ever thought possible when I was there, and I can't just say nothing!

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
urbanfaerie said:
orryyy ppl. ix shouldnt made sa threa. toodk away what i usued to use, meh..forgot what iw as ssyaiuing.

feele heady.
s
u can serasee thi post, sim sorry, to cause nuisnance..e to everybofdy.
Urbanfarie,

Don't worry about reaching out to people when you need someone. That's why God put us all here. To help each other. The scripture instructs us to "bear one anothers burdens". We all need each other. Like wvmntkid said, if that guy wasn't willing to stick by you always, then you don't need him. God will supply you with better people, if you will just trust him.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not pathetic precious one, HURT! Your heart is broken and unfortunately this is a part of life. What you need to realize is that beyond the hurt lays a new blessing waiting for you. It is YOU who must pick yourself up, be brave and determined and move forward even though your heart is aching. I'm so sorry your heart has been broken....:cry: I can tell you this, this person did not see the diamond you are hidden beneath. The Lord has to polish us before we begin to shine. Polishing hurts too! :hug: You are a wonderful, talented member of the Body of Christ and you have love and abilities to share with the rest of us.
The Christian keeps picking themselves up, even when they get knocked down because we know our Lord. We know HE is faithful and that His promises and blessings are just waiting for us. We may get KNOCKED down but we don't STAY down!!! If you just need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me anytime precious one!
{{{BIG CYBER HUGS}}}
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0