Keyes: Cheney's Gay Daughter Is a Sinner.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Well, he's right about two things. She is a sinner. We all are. She's also a hedonist. Hedonism is defined as "Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses".

So, I'm not sure what the problem is? Perhaps his delivery? At least he didn't lie. I'm a sinner too. So is he.

So are all people who pursue pleasure of the senses hedonist?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
tulc said:
But I guess Spongebob Squarepants said he was too busy with his show to run, so they got Keyes instead) :(

spongeBob my daughter would have voted for him!! ;)

spongebobsquarepantsth1.jpg

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And cudos on the Spongebob comment.. That was hilarious
Thanks! ;)
acting on homosexual tendencies is putting your flesh first, before the Bible. So, in that case, hedonism would be accurate.
well from the dictionary I think he would have a hard time proving it:
Main Entry: he·do·nism
Pronunciation: 'hE-d&n-"i-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek hEdonE pleasure; akin to Greek hEdys sweet
1 : the doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the sole or chief good in life
2 : a way of life based on or suggesting the principles of hedonism
(from the 2004 Merriam-Webster dictionary)
So really Keyes would have to be reading Cheney's daughters mind, otherwise his definition of "hedonism" would cover anyone who likes to do anything that he doesn't agree with. (IMHO)
tulc(who's glad he's been for Obama since the beginning!)

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
the doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the sole or chief good in life

tulc great minds think alike. I just looked it up too. I hardly think that Alan Keyes or drfeelgood can determine if she is a hedonist.

Upvote 0

Law of Loud

Apparently a Librul Moonbat <[wash my mouth][wa
Aug 31, 2004
Seattle
✟10,493.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Your response makes me think you conveniently overlooked half of what I said. Heterosexuality is different. Acting on heterosexual tendencies is not operating in contravention of the provisions of the Bible.

My point to tulc stands. :)
Suddenly the definition of "hedonism" has come to include the Bible as a judgment. Your heterosexual tendencies also come from a hedonistic lust for pleasure, and I find it atrocious to apply a double standard to something like this. Perhaps heterosexual tendencies can be good for our species, but we personally enjoy them (hedonistically) for that pleasure which it brings.

I have a problem with what you said there though. "Acting on heterosexual tendencies is not operating in contravention of the provisions of the Bible". Does that make it any less hedonistic? When did the Bible become part of the defenition of hedonism?

Upvote 0

Voter

Aug 1, 2004
✟2,158.00
Faith
Protestant
Columbia said:
I am a Republican, but if I lived in Illinois I would be voting for Obama.
So are most of Illinois Republicans, I believe. The local news radio - a very middle of the road kind of group - basically made fun of the conservative section of the Illinois GOP for selecting Keyes. It is pretty clear that he's just going for the publicity, trying to line up a ne tv or radio job once this craziness is over.

Paul Simon once beat Lynn Martin - she got only 35% of the vote. I believe that will look like a landslide, next to Keyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
tulc said:
well from the dictionary I thnk he would have a hard time proving it:
So really Keyes would have to be reading Cheney's daughters mind, otherwise his definition of "hedonism" would cover anyone who likes to do anything that he doesn't agree with. (IMHO)
tulc(who's glad he's been for Obama since the beginning!)
I provided the other definition that I think applies to Miss Cheney (and any other homosexual for that matter).

he·don·ism ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key n.
  1. Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Law of Loud said:
Suddenly the definition of "hedonism" has come to include the Bible as a judgment. Your heterosexual tendencies also come from a hedonistic lust for pleasure, and I find it atrocious to apply a double standard to something like this. Perhaps heterosexual tendencies can be good for our species, but we personally enjoy them (hedonistically) for that pleasure which it brings.

I have a problem with what you said there though. "Acting on heterosexual tendencies is not operating in contravention of the provisions of the Bible". Does that make it any less hedonistic? When did the Bible become part of the defenition of hedonism?
Think about what you're saying. Just think about it for a second.

Now.

If you're not pursuing Godliness, in whose best interest are you acting in? Yourself. What is the idea of hedonism? Pleasing yourself. What does actively engaging in the act of homosexuality do? It brings pleasure to your senses. If you're not pursuing pleasing God, which you can't do if you are pursuing the act of homosexuality as the Bible teaches us, then the only thing you're doing is pursuing your own self pleasure. Hence the term "selfish hedonist".

Mr. Keyes comments then, although perhaps distasteful (I don't know, I wasn't there), were accurate.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Chi_Cygni said:
I truly doubt you could make anyone seem silly. All I see is the name drfeelgood and you yelling about hedonism. It seems such a nice irony. And it has obviously hit a nerve with you even though I was just being humourous.
You seem pretty silly to me, and that's all that matters. I needed a chuckle. :D Don't presume to pat yourself on the back, thinking you hit a nerve.

You tried to make a "joke" at my expense, without having even so much as a clue what you're talking about, and I think it's pretty funny actually :D

Truthfully you would have been better to take the mature road and leave well enough alone, rather than demonstrate a level of immaturity that reflects rather poorly on you. Just some honest, no nonsense advice for next time. ;)

Upvote 0

Law of Loud

Apparently a Librul Moonbat <[wash my mouth][wa
Aug 31, 2004
Seattle
✟10,493.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Think about what you're saying. Just think about it for a second.

Now.

If you're not pursuing Godliness, in whose best interest are you acting in? Yourself. What is the idea of hedonism? Pleasing yourself. What does actively engaging in the act of homosexuality do? It brings pleasure to your senses. If you're not pursuing pleasing God, which you can't do if you are pursuing the act of homosexuality as the Bible teaches us, then the only thing you're doing is pursuing your own self pleasure. Hence the term "selfish hedonist".

Mr. Keyes comments then, although perhaps distasteful (I don't know, I wasn't there), were accurate.
So, I am to assume that you would tell me that the only reason why I have heterosexual acts is so that God is happy with me? I am to assume that every Christian man on Earth only does that so that God is happy, and for no other reason? I tell you otherwise.

What I am saying is that you are implying that hedonism doesn't apply to you or I, because the Bible tells us heterosexual tendencies are okay. But you never included any sort of Bible in your definition of hedonism.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
drfeelgood said:
lol. I was just thinking how tempting it would be to use that term next time the homosexuals flung the term "bigot" around when they were losing a debate or not getting their own way.

I won't sink to their level, of course, but I gotta admit it hit my funny bone thinking about it..

them "Bigot"

me "Selfish Hedonist"

them "Hatemonger"

me "Sinner"

lol :D Come on, ya gotta admit it would be kinda funny ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
drfeelgood said:
You seem pretty silly to me, and that's all that matters. I needed a chuckle. :D Don't presume to pat yourself on the back, thinking you hit a nerve.

You tried to make a "joke" at my expense, without having even so much as a clue what you're talking about, and I think it's pretty funny actually :D

Truthfully you would have been better to take the mature road and leave well enough alone, rather than demonstrate a level of immaturity that reflects rather poorly on you. Just some honest, no nonsense advice for next time. ;)
Yes it obviously hit a nerve because it was not at your expense.

Since I don't know you why would your name hold any significance.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Law of Loud said:
So, I am to assume that you would tell me that the only reason why I have heterosexual acts is so that God is happy with me? I am to assume that every Christian man on Earth only does that so that God is happy, and for no other reason? I tell you otherwise.
No, a Christian is pursuing that which is Godly, first and foremost. That disqualifies him/her from the term "selfish hedonist". That doesn't mean that nothing they do is for the interest in bringing pleasure to themselves, but it does mean that they put God first so they aren't being selfish and they don't put their desire to please themselves ahead of God. Acting on homosexual tendencies goes directly against God's commands, so a homosexual is literally putting their personal pleasure ahead of God. Thus, the term "selfish hedonist" as used in this article does in fact apply. Maybe it wasn't nice, but it was the truth.

What I am saying is that you are implying that hedonism doesn't apply to you or I, because the Bible tells us heterosexual tendencies are okay. But you never included any sort of Bible in your definition of hedonism.
I did include the Bible. Read my posts. Anyways what I am saying is that as Christians, our motives should not be selfish and our pursuit should not be focused on our own pleasure, but that of pleasing God. Pleasing God should please us.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Chi_Cygni said:
Yes it obviously hit a nerve because it was not at your expense. Lithium is good if you know what I mean.
Sure it was. You tried to make it at the expense of me and my nickname like a child.. Don't try and spin me some little story. I wasn't born yesterday my friend. And here, you just tried to make it at my expense again with the Lithium comment. Wake up and smell the coffee man.. You're digging yourself a hole. :)

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Relax I won't argue with you all. But there is a verse in the Bible that says to not like the sin but love the sinner. There is a difference. You all can disagree on the issues but don't condemn or pass judgement on the sinner. Let God do all of that. He is much more better at it.

Upvote 0