Kevin O’Leary says he will no longer invest in ‘loser’ New York after Trump verdict

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It would be like using sodomy laws to go after someone
Considering sodomy laws were found to be unconstitutional over 2 decades ago, no it wouldn't.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He’s got a case that it’s selective prosecution.
I'm not really seeing it. He needs to first be able to show there was somebody similarly situated to him that wasn't prosecuted and then show it happened because of a suspect classification. It's a really difficult defense to make and there is nothing that makes me think he has any real chance of successfully claiming it.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really seeing it. He needs to first be able to show there was somebody similarly situated to him that wasn't prosecuted and then show it happened because of a suspect classification. It's a really difficult defense to make and there is nothing that makes me think he has any real chance of successfully claiming it.
We’ll see how the appeal goes

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How exactly has it been twisted. And before you bring up the NYT thing again, it's worth pointing out that simply because there is no known case of a law being used in a particular way before doesn't mean it's being twisted. Those three things are not required according to the text of the law in question.
Call it what you will--prosecutorial misconduct, miscarriage of justice, election interference--a mockery of the law. What they are doing is putting a tremendous amount of taxpayer dollars into getting one individual on something, anything, whatever they can come up with. That means taking statues and laws and misusing them for unintended purposes. Remember Beria's boast:
“Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime”

This is about getting Trump, they won't even give Trump 30 days to come up with the cash.

"In addition to the $355 million penalty — payback of what the judge deemed “ill-gotten gains” from his spurious financial statements — Trump is required to pay interest on that amount.
At an annual rate of 9%, as prescribed by New York law, that adds up fast."
James’ office calculates that, to date, Trump owes an additional $98.6 million in interest, bringing his total penalty to $453.5 million. The interest will keep accruing until Trump pays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Call it what you will--prosecutorial misconduct, miscarriage of justice, election interference--a mockery of the law. What they are doing is putting a tremendous amount of taxpayer dollars into getting one individual on something, anything, whatever they can come up with. That means taking statues and laws and misusing them for unintended purposes. Remember Beria's boast:

This is about getting Trump, they won't even give Trump 30 days to come up with the cash.

He has 30 days from today (judgement was officially entered today). He's just not getting an *extra* 30 days (a 30 day delay in the clock).
"In addition to the $355 million penalty — payback of what the judge deemed “ill-gotten gains” from his spurious financial statements — Trump is required to pay interest on that amount.
James’ office calculates that, to date, Trump owes an additional $98.6 million in interest, bringing his total penalty to $453.5 million. The interest will keep accruing until Trump pays.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He has 30 days from today (judgement was officially entered today). He's just not getting an *extra* 30 days (a 30 day delay in the clock).
And who would be harmed by a 30 day extension?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Informative
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Motivationssprecher -- yep huckster. Don't see much about New York business in his bio.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1708750218100.jpeg

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Apparently you didn't get the "motiational speaker = huckster" part. Aren't they all? Motivational speakers, prosperity preachers, self-help gurus, etc.

Upvote 0