Keeping God in America:Essay

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I often think about what I would do if my life were threatened. Would I kill? I think about how its actually better to leave this world than to stay in it because this world is full of suffering and to die is to be free from it. Yet, I still cling to it in fear of the unknown. I prefer not to allow hypotheticals to rule my thinking however, I must live one day at a time, and try to walk a spiritual path, one day at a time. AS far as I can see, politics are not spiritual and will be a stumbling block in the path of peace, love and faith. I have seen how politics causes people, even myself, to worry about the economy and that is not the path of faith in Christ because he teaches us to not worry about such things, he teaches us not to be anxious (anxiety). I see how politics also causes strife and division, but we are taught to be of one mind, and one judgment. I see how politics also causes us to slander our leaders and each other, and that is a work of flesh that will not bear any good fruit in us. I see how politics are full of deception on all sides, and we cannot follow lies. The enemy (Satan) mixes truth with lies, and that's exactly what politicians do as well. The enemy causes anxiety, fear, strife and that is exactly what politics do. It doesn't matter what political party we choose, they all do the same things. Politics are not going to help us walk in the spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Heardthebells

Feb 21, 2013
✟8,316.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I often think about what I would do if my life were threatened. Would I kill? I think about how its actually better to leave this world than to stay in it because this world is full of suffering and to die is to be free from it. Yet, I still cling to it in fear of the unknown. I prefer not to allow hypotheticals to rule my thinking however, I must live one day at a time, and try to walk a spiritual path, one day at a time. AS far as I can see, politics are not spiritual and will be a stumbling block in the path of peace, love and faith. I have seen how politics causes people, even myself, to worry about the economy and that is not the path of faith in Christ because he teaches us to not worry about such things, he teaches us not to be anxious (anxiety). I see how politics also causes strife and division, but we are taught to be of one mind, and one judgment. I see how politics also causes us to slander our leaders and each other, and that is a work of flesh that will not bear any good fruit in us. I see how politics are full of deception on all sides, and we cannot follow lies. The enemy (Satan) mixes truth with lies, and that's exactly what politicians do as well. The enemy causes anxiety, fear, strife and that is exactly what politics do. It doesn't matter what political party we choose, they all do the same things. Politics are not going to help us walk in the spirit.

This would not be if we as a whole society did not stray from what was our moral compass.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This would not be if we as a whole society did not stray from what was our moral compass.

The moral compass is the word. The word is the spirit and the scriptures. The word is guiding me away from politics. WE cannot force others to follow our moral compass, and they wont anyway. All we can do is follow the truth ourselves, pray for others, and try to share the truth. However, trying to share the truth via political action is like trying to take a bath in a mud hole.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How many of them actually follow Christ?
Well 70% self identify as Christians. Even if they don't meet your exacting standards for "following Christ", whatever they may be, I doubt they're about to start "coming for Christians" which was the claim I'm taking issue with.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well 70% self identify as Christians. Even if they don't meet your exacting standards for "following Christ", whatever they may be, I doubt they're about to start "coming for Christians" which was the claim I'm taking issue with.

You never know what can happen. Some of those from that 70% may be the ones "coming". However, as I said, I try to live life one day at a time, and not worry about tomorrow. To me that's faith.

Upvote 0

Heardthebells

Feb 21, 2013
✟8,316.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am saying who knows if your numbers are true....

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am saying who knows if your numbers are true....
Well, if you want to get all post modern about it, no one KNOWS if the numbers are true. However, various lines of evidence all suggest similar figures. Why do you doubt them? What evidence do you have they are wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heardthebells

Feb 21, 2013
✟8,316.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, if you want to get all post modern about it, no one KNOWS if the numbers are true. However, various lines of evidence all suggest similar figures. Why do you doubt them? What evidence do you have they are wrong?
What evidence that you have they are right. I am a skeptic.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What evidence that you have they are right. I am a skeptic.
OK. Convince me. Show me your counter evidence that they are wrong? How many Christians do YOU think are in the US, and why are your figures correct?

Upvote 0