Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Starring DeLay, Bork, Dobson and Zell. Frist was disinvited, and Santorum was there in spirit (and probably a few other places).

NASHVILLE, Aug. 14 -- Prominent conservative political and religious leaders called Sunday night for Senate approval of Supreme Court nominees who will vote to end the constitutional right to abortion, against recognition of same-sex marriage and for fewer restrictions on religious expression in public places.

continued at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/14/AR2005081401036.html

tiggercat

Aug 8, 2005
✟371.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, told the 2,200 mostly white people in Two Rivers Baptist Church

Speakers compared the civil rights movement of the 1960s to demands now by Christian groups for restoration of traditional morality. "It's time we move to the front of the bus and that we take command of the wheel," said William A. Donohue, president of the Catholic League.

Hmmph. When it is convenient for them to compare, they compare even though I am sure the 2,200 mostly white attendees haven't a clue what is like to be denied civil rights.

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Ginny said:
funny...I am sure our friends who keep crying "freedom of speech, freedom of speech" won't be crying so loudly on this one......

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I do find it funny that some of our nations loudest and lamest moralizers will be literally asking their followers to pray for the deaths of one or more elderly persons so that they might further their political agenda...doesn't sound very christian to me.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ginny said:
funny...I am sure our friends who keep crying "freedom of speech, freedom of speech" won't be crying so loudly on this one......

They would probably have to yell until their throats begin to sound hoarse.

Upvote 0