Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is something for fun to do. Most of us seem to agree that a personality is an important thing for a person to have. Well, just what kind of personality do you have? Below is a link to a personality evaluation that is based on the Jung-Myers Briggs personality indicator. (Some of you may have already taken this in the Young Adults Ministry forum.) Take it and then post what your personality type is and if you agree with it. I will also post a link to another thread where you can click on to find out what your score means.

The link to the evaluation:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The link to the explanation:
http://www.christianforums.com/t56048 (Thanks to Rising Tree for all the hard work on putting this together! We have his permission to use it here.)

For example: My score is INFJ

The description for INFJ is:
The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

I was surprised at how well this described me. Until I read this, I never realized how all my quirks fit together. And I found it interesting that I was a rare breed! :D

I'll try to keep a running tab of the different personality types running around in here!

Enjoy! :)

2Timothy2

Rangers Lead the Way
Aug 20, 2004
Texas
✟3,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
INTJ

preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead

LOL I feel like someone's been watching me.

I looked at all the possible variations E for I, S for N, F for T, P for J just to see if one described me better, but INTJ fits best.

Upvote 0

invisiblebabe

He will restore the years the locust hath eaten
Feb 12, 2004
Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
those are fun :)

I'm INxJ, INTJ dominant. Moderate introvert, EXTREME iNtuitive type, borderline thinking/feeling, and low but defined judging type.

I'm an oddball too.... 1% of the population ;)

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
wvmtnkid said:
Here is something for fun to do. Most of us seem to agree that a personality is an important thing for a person to have. Well, just what kind of personality do you have? Below is a link to a personality evaluation that is based on the Jung-Myers Briggs personality indicator. (Some of you may have already taken this in the Young Adults Ministry forum.) Take it and then post what your personality type is and if you agree with it. I will also post a link to another thread where you can click on to find out what your score means.

The link to the evaluation:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The link to the explanation:
http://www.christianforums.com/t56048 (Thanks to Rising Tree for all the hard work on putting this together! We have his permission to use it here.)

For example: My score is INFJ

The description for INFJ is:

I was surprised at how well this described me. Until I read this, I never realized how all my quirks fit together. And I found it interesting that I was a rare breed! :D

I'll try to keep a running tab of the different personality types running around in here!

Enjoy! :)
Hey wv! I'm INFJ too. Must be something about living in WV.:thumbsup: Anyway I totally agree with it. I've taken this test 2 times and have tested the same. The description fits me to a T.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

karalianne

Guinea Pig Keeper
Aug 17, 2004
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟455.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I'm ISTJ.

I=67%
S=1%
T=22%
J=33%

• distinctively expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed sensing personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality
From experience, I know that the T and the J change depending on my mood/situation.

So, I'm an Inspector.

Inspector Guardians look carefully and thoroughly at the people and institutions around them. Making up perhaps as much as ten percent of the general population, Inspectors are characterized by decisiveness in practical affairs, are the guardians of institutions, and if only one adjective could be selected, “superdependable” would best describe them. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are nothing if not dependable, particularly when it comes to examining the people and products they are responsible for—quietly seeing to it that uniform quality is maintained, and that those around them uphold certain standards of attitude and conduct. These quiet, no-nonsense Guardians have a distaste for and distrust of fanciness in speech, dress, and living space. Their words tend to be simple and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often homespun and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than up-to-date or luxurious. In their choice of personal property (cars, furnishings, jewelry, and so on) price and durability are just as important as comfort or appearance. Classics, antiques, and heirlooms are especially valued, having achieved a certain time-honored status—Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time. Even on vacation, Inspectors tend not to be attracted by exotic foods, beverages, or locales.

Their thoroughness and orderliness, combined with their interest in legality and standardization, leads Inspectors to a number of occupations that call for the careful administration of goods and services. Inspectors feel right at home with difficult, detailed forms and columns of figures, and thus they make excellent bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and tax attorneys. Managing investments in securities is likely to interest this type, particularly investments in municipal bonds and blue-chip securities. Inspectors are not likely to take chances either with their own or others’ money, and the thought of a bankrupt nation, state, institution, or family gives them more than a little uneasiness. The idea of dishonoring a contract also bothers an Inspector —their word is their bond—and they naturally communicate a message of trustworthiness and stability, which can make them successful in business. With their eye for detail, Inspectors make good business men and women, librarians, dentists, optometrists, legal secretaries, and law researchers. High school and college teachers of business administration, home economics, physical education, civics, and history tend to be Inspectors, as do quartermaster officers in the military.

Except for the fact that my ADD traits (not been dx'd) mean that most of the organizational stuff in here is totally off, it's not bad. I work with autistic kids (so the observational skills are quite useful).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alexia

Aug 8, 2004
✟240.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Here's a link that I posted in another forum.
http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/

To the left, under resources click on type profiles.

I've found a lot interesting sites that discuss each type. They give interesting insights on type and career/relationship matches if anyone is interested.

Upvote 0

Ginga

Sep 6, 2004
New Zealand
✟8,217.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is me

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity. Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, Healers come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the Healers. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, Healers can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Healers are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when Healers believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the Healer, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single