bellanegra1

Jul 18, 2007
Maryland
✟15,356.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
It has been said that we find what we look for....

You know...

If you look for the good in folk you will find it.....

Is it then true that there really that many folk looking to make war just because?

Do we really like to fight that much?

I mean, if the idea is correct, how come there is so much wrong with the world?

Do we continually have evil on our minds?

Thoughts.....

Just things I think about....

And yes, I do look for something good in every one....... you?

Byfaithalone1

The gospel is Jesus Christ!
May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You know...

Is it then true that there really that many folk looking to make war just because?

Thoughts.....

It is advantageous to look for good in people. Although I try to look for the good no matter where I am, online forums often limit us in certain ways.

You asked if we have evil continually on our minds. I don't know that we do. However, I do know that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, and that certainly includes me.

BFA

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Well....I'm still looking for that first Million bucks and have not found it as of yet.:D

You know...

I think all of us have a good side. And even if we find it in the most vile person, does not mean trust.

Some of us do...

Some of us do...

Your answer is found in seeking an understanding of human nature and sin.

Maybe some do....

Thoughts.....

Are you a bible believing christain? If so you may seek what the bible has to say on the subject.

Agreed.

:)

Upvote 0

bellanegra1

Jul 18, 2007
Maryland
✟15,356.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suppose it is part of the reflection of the day.....

Why do we have such an hard time looking past skin color/gender/marital status/financial status.......

We are ALL bro/sis and thus have the responsibility to care for as well as love each other......

I just find it more and more difficult to deal with all the crime and hate and pain and suffering in the world and the "seemingly" indifference we have towards it until it is at our own doorstep.......

:argh:

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Restin

Restin
Jul 27, 2008
Arkansas
✟15,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting a void in Spirit? ("fulfillment")
To the degree that a person seeks fleshly things, to that same degree the mind
is 'void' of the Sprit of God. (This is just as true of myself!)

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural [fleshly minded] man receiveth not the things of
the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned. KJV

Restin

PS: bellanegra1...these are the things I think about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Restin

Restin
Jul 27, 2008
Arkansas
✟15,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know the one (flesh) from the other (spirit)?
That is a good question. A similar question would be, how do I/you know the difference between good and evil? As a child I judge these things by laws of do and don't do. Advancing to spiritual maturity is not something I can put in words but knowing, learding the difference between fleshly and spiritual things can be a living, daily experience when/as the walk with God, as this life progresses. Four chapters, Galatians 3-6, covers much of this.

Restin

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When we dichotomize flesh as "evil" and spirit as "good" we commit the heresy of classical gnosticism.

A good God made good flesh in a good world and pronounced it good. Though fallen, though tainted, though afflicted, it still bears the earmarks of His handiwork.

Upvote 0

Avonia

Just look through the telescope . . .
Dec 13, 2007
✟9,313.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is a good question. A similar question would be, how do I/you know the difference between good and evil? As a child I judge these things by laws of do and don't do. Advancing to spiritual maturity is not something I can put in words but knowing, learding the difference between fleshly and spiritual things can be a living, daily experience when/as the walk with God, as this life progresses. Four chapters, Galatians 3-6, covers much of this.

Restin
Would you consider the general nature of emotions and thoughts fleshy or spiritual?

Upvote 0

Restin

Restin
Jul 27, 2008
Arkansas
✟15,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you consider the general nature of emotions and thoughts fleshy or spiritual?
A simple answer about the general nature of emotions in this flesh would be fleshly in nature of an unconverted person.

After one is converted to Christ, the general nature of emotions, hopefully changes to be more spiritual within one's values and motives, reaching out to the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

God Bless,
Restin

Upvote 0

bellanegra1

Jul 18, 2007
Maryland
✟15,356.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
To the degree that a person seeks fleshly things, to that same degree the mind
is 'void' of the Sprit of God. (This is just as true of myself!)

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural [fleshly minded] man receiveth not the things of
the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned. KJV

Restin

PS: bellanegra1...these are the things I think about.

Please consider quoting me correctly.......... or not at all........

Then I would love to see the crystal ball you use to determine that I am what you THINK I am....

My OP was merely a "conversation" starter.. A mere 9/11 reflection...

I had hoped to reach a place were in our reflecting we can find that we are NOT always looking for a fight....

Where your comments a part of something you are hoping to share for commentary and or edification or conversation or instigation?

Just curious.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The body is dead because of sin that dwells in the body. Man was not created with sin in the body. This sin is more powerful than man's rational powers and has control over the desire's and purposes until God interveens by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The revelation of Jesus Christ changes the current of the thoughts concerning God and God's creation.

The body remains a habitation for sin, but sin is weaker than Jesus Christ in the heart and mind.

Joe

Upvote 0