Just started to take Christ into my heart

ianthescot

Jun 5, 2006
✟15,129.00
Faith
Christian
Hi all, new here.

My name is Ian i came from Scotland and i now live in the states.
Since I've been to the U.S I've started to feel safe with being who i am, and man that Knows! That Christ is real. But it took me along time "Fully" take it in because i geuss i felt i was alone in someways.

a year ago my Wife had taken sick she had a Anurisum and we where told she only has a 5% chance of making it, and even if she did chances are she would not be the same. That day when i got home to change clothes and go back to ICU i got on my knees and asked God to save her, and even take my Life for hers. and started to pray alot Two weeks later i get a phone call from Scotland, while my wife was in a Coma, that my father past away. I did not feel sorrow as much i would have thought i would have, i geuss i was to busy thinking about my Wife.
My mother in Scotland said that my father was saying not long before he died, i wish my life could be taken to save Ian's Wife. My Wife made a 100% recovery not longer after his passing.

it's almost a year now since my Wife had her Anurisum, and the passing of my Father. I had this Deep dream that i was back in Scotland, with my mother and father, and my Uncel who use to drive us everywhere. and me and my mother got out the Car, but my father stayed in. He told me, my Uncel is going to drive him upto Heven, and i started to cry, i kist him told him I'm sorry for everything i had done to him in the past. i Woke up and Sorrow PURE Sorrow came over me, and now i am moaning his loss. I ask Christ to always look after him, and tell him how sorry i am for everything i have done, and not being there to say goodbye.

do yous think My father knows all about my Dream or was it's Gods way of me having that monet to say goodbye???

things have been Tuff for me, but ever since i have acsepted Christ, before they have gotten to bad, something pops up to make life a little easer. And I'm just sorry i haven't had the chance to know My God-My Hero-My King longer before now.

Reactions: Thankful75

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟56,960.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
we0001.gif

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ian, we have a dream and vision forum, you may want to post your dream there. I think your father knows your feeling. You know we all do and say things we don't really mean. I am proud your are making a choice to grow closer to the Lord. He is the one we want on our side at all times. You sound like a very nice young man. I hope to get to know you better.

Hello and Welcome

We are proud you joined our family.
May your time here be spent well.

May all your questions be answered.
May support be found in abundance.

Please visit often and bring all your friends.

You will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.

I pray your cup will be full and running over with:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and faithfulness.

May the Grace and Mercy of our,
Lord, Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.

Upvote 0

Col303

Finding joy in the journey
Apr 5, 2006
New Jersey
✟15,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and Welcome Ian!

So glad you joined us! I’m sure you will like it here; there are so many wonderful people. If you need any help getting around check out the FAQ section (located on the top bar). This should help answer any questions you may have.

What a amazing testimony about your wife!!!! God is truly a God of miracles. So sorry to hear about the lose of your father though. My dad died three years ago and there are so many times that I still miss him very much. I'm no expert or anything but I believe that dream was a way for you to be able to say good-bye.

I just pray that with the passing of each new day you will see a new side of God, a fresh revelation of who He is in your life. I am so glad you found your way to us. I'm sure you will make a lot of friends and will grow tremendously here.

Hope to see you around. Have fun and be blessed!

colleen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BelovedWord

Certified Network Engineer
May 9, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
✟18,538.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to Christian Forums, we are glad to have you with us! Ian, I am sorry for your loss. I am very happy that your wife is ok and I am proud of you for wanting to grow in Christ. Feel free to PM me anytime.

God Bless,
Brian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Ian and welcome to CF! What a wonderful testimony you have. Thank you so much for sharing it.
I would say that your dream was an assurance from God that all is well with your father and I am sure that he has heard your prayers. Take comfort in knowing that your father loved you and forgave you for anything you may have done. Rejoice in the knowledge that God healed your wife and give all honor to God for it. Praise His holy name.

Upvote 0

Margolit

Legend
Mar 29, 2006
Hudson Valley, New York
✟31,055.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
WELCOME ABOARD CF, IAN

Hello, Ian!

My name's Margolit, and I want to extend a hearty and heartfelt welcome to CF Forums. You will find, as you no doubt have discovered from these posts, kind and caring people here, ready, willing and able to help you, answer your questions, provide support and, when needed, pray with and for you.

The Dreams and Visions forum bfly mentioned, is in the section headed Edification. You'll also find one for Prayer Requests there as well. As you will soon find, there are also many support forums. The FAQ on the top line of the top bar Col303 mentioned is extremely helpful.​

On a personal note, I, too, lost my father, about three years ago. He died while I was enroute to see him. I was told when met at the airport that he'd died just 3 hours before I got there. There are still many situations and times that I really miss being able to talk to him and/or my mom, who died 3 years before that. But each day gets a little easier and less painful.​

I, too, believe your dream was God's way of giving you some closure by saying good-bye to your father, and peace in knowing that he knows your heart. And that your father is at peace knowing that his prayer was answered. He indeed loved you very much!​

There are many scriptures you can draw from when things get hard. When it happens to me, two tried and true that help are Jer. 29:11 and Matt.11:28-30.​

Upvote 0