Judge halts Maryland’s ban on carrying guns in places selling alcohol and near demonstrations

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's technically only a half truth...

Within the confines of "post acquisition", yes what you're saying is true, in terms of pre-acquisition, laws can certainly have an impact.

If "Bad Guy already has a gun"...sure, I don't expect them to follow laws.

However, if laws prevent certain gun sales in the first place, that certainly has an effect.
Agreed - but for the most part criminals don't buy guns from local gun store. However, today at a local gun show, a guy was arrested for trying to buy 4 guns with a fake ID and he had a lots of other IDs on him. The thought is he works for a cartel so ..... you could be on to something there.
View attachment 336952

If you're not familiar with St. Louis... they're in a state that affords "constitutional carry" (and have for a decade). If you'll notice on that list, there's a good mix of "strict" and "lax" gun locales represented.

They literally have triple the murder rate (per 100k) as Chicago, and a murder rate per 100k that's on par with Haiti and dangerous Mexican border towns.
Something else defiantly in play if those stats are accurate ....
But I don't think the two can be separated (at least not entirely). For instance, if I go to Cleveland for a sporting event (and they're coming to Cleveland to "conduct business"), and I'm still going to end up crossing paths with them at some point.
Sometimes we can only hope for the best and minimize risk as much as possible.
I am in South Phoenix a lot, gang central and when I am, I carry two handguns and a rifle in the car.

So I get what you are saying, it is not as cut and dry as we sometimes think.

Upvote 0