Jubee_Phur

May 19, 2009
✟7,631.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Salutations Everyone!

I was SO excited to finally get that email saying that my account had been activated and I can finally post! yupee! :thumbsup:

Anyhoo, my name is "Jubee." My friend here at work has been talking to me about joining the Christian faith. I was born and raised Catholic, but have not been consistent in going to church, or even, sad to say, following my religion for that matter in years. Life's struggles just got me in a "funk" and I finally figured out that I can't be alone thru these trials. I need "Him" I need something to "kick up my spirit!"

So to make a long story short, I am thinking of transitioning to the Christian faith but am still hesitant to do so. Just a few barriers, (the whole family is Catholic, what will they think, the man that I love is agnostic, how can I share my faith with him? etc..) I'm hoping to find guidance thru this transition and also meet some new friends as well.

Thanks for reading and hope you all have a marvelous day!

Reactions: Beckyy25

RestoreTheRiver

Contributor
Jun 3, 2007
Kokomo, Indiana USA
✟18,586.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and welcome! Glad to have you with us. :wave:

I am a catholic christian; though not a Roman Catholic. There are thousands of Christians in the catholic churches, including the Roman church. May you find the personal relationship with God that you seekl the timeless truth of The Faith; and your place in God's Holy Church.

Michael

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was born and raised Catholic, but have not been consistent in going to church, or even, sad to say, following my religion for that matter in years. Life's struggles just got me in a "funk" and I finally figured out that I can't be alone thru these trials. I need "Him" I need something to "kick up my spirit!"

So to make a long story short, I am thinking of transitioning to the Christian faith but am still hesitant to do so. Just a few barriers, (the whole family is Catholic, what will they think, the man that I love is agnostic, how can I share my faith with him? etc..) I'm hoping to find guidance thru this transition and also meet some new friends as well.

Welcome to CF :wave:
Overall, you will find CF a wonderful place, filled with People who love the Lord!

As an FYI; Catholics ARE CHRISTIANS ;)
It may be that you just need to get more involved in your Church!
How about asking to speak with the pastor or favorite priest?
The Church offers RCIA programs; it is for converts but also as a refresher for lapsed Catholics.

It would be best to explore your faith...likes, dislikes etc before venturing off, especially where you have spiritual support in your family.
The KEY element of the CATHOLIC faith (IMO) is the REAL PRESENCE OF CHRIST IN THE HOLY EUCHARIST; personally I could not live without it.

You are welcome to ask questions and discusss what is in your heart in the One Bread, One Body - Catholic - Christian Forums.

I encourage you to pray for the Lord to guide you as only HE can do, and be assured I will also be praying for your spiritual journey! :angel:

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
760631s8ucjkcl9v.gif

Welcome to CF! Please let me know if there's any way I can assist you in getting to know this amazing community of faith and discussion. :)

Take care!

~Tati
Co-Chief Angel of the CF Angels Ministry

PS I'm Catholic--- I actually was Protestant for a number of years before changing to Catholicism. Most families are very understanding that God calls us in many different ways and I pray that if your home is suppose to be in the Catholic Church, the Holy Spirit will inspire you and guide you into a more spiritual life. If the Spirit finds a different home amongst His flock, I pray it'll be a blessing in your life as well :hug:

Upvote 0

Jubee_Phur

May 19, 2009
✟7,631.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to CF :wave:
Overall, you will find CF a wonderful place, filled with People who love the Lord!

As an FYI; Catholics ARE CHRISTIANS ;)
It may be that you just need to get more involved in your Church!
How about asking to speak with the pastor or favorite priest?
The Church offers RCIA programs; it is for converts but also as a refresher for lapsed Catholics.

It would be best to explore your faith...likes, dislikes etc before venturing off, especially where you have spiritual support in your family.
The KEY element of the CATHOLIC faith (IMO) is the REAL PRESENCE OF CHRIST IN THE HOLY EUCHARIST; personally I could not live without it.

I encourage you to pray for the Lord to guide you as only HE can do, and be assured I will also be praying for your spiritual journey! :angel:

just fyi - it wouldn't include the 'link' in your post so i had to edit it out lol ^_^

I was very involved in my Catholic church for years (ie. church every Sunday, bible studies, youth groups, even being an usher.) As time went by there were just some aspects of it that eventually threw me off and I stopped putting in effort into those things. I've struggled for a long time trying to find my way back due to people (family & friends) "forcing" me to go to church instead of helping me thru my concerns and also the numerous trials and tribulations I had to go thru. So I got a little confused. I didn't lose my faith, I just lost my way. It's been years since I've stepped foot in a church, and one day I hope to return. As to what type of church, I don't know yet but the people who actually helped me find my way back to my faith are all devoted Christians and they are the ones that tell me it doesn't matter what type of church or how often I go that matters, all that matters is that I have my relationship with Him.

I am so glad to have been greeted with all the support and encouragement on this website. I hope to gain new friends during this process as well. I'm still trying to figure my way around the site but I am so happy to be part of it.

Thank you everyone! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums