Joy Reid’s Racist, Bigoted Rant Against White Christians: They’re “Overrepresented” in America

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The doors had not yet closed at caucus locations across the state of Iowa, but MSNBC had already entered into the “maligning the voters” portion of the program. Joy Reid, the network’s flagship racebaiter, decided that this was a good opportunity to dump on white evangelicals voting for Donald Trump.

Watch as Reid cites woke religion author Robert Jones (he/him), using his quote as the cudgel with which to bash Christians:

JOY REID: But I feel like the important sort of data point, and you know, Steve talks about it a lot, he’s gonna probably talk about it a little more tonight, is that these are white Christians. That this is a state that is overrepresented by white Christians that are gonna participate in the caucuses…

CHRIS HAYES: Particularly tonight.

REID: …especially tonight. I, today, earlier today, reached out to Robert Jones. Robby Jones from the Public Religion Research Institute, knowing that we were gonna talk about Iowa. And this is a hyper-evangelical, white state. And he said the following to me. Iowa is about 61% white Christian. The country as a whole is approximately 41% white Christian. And in Iowa, we’re talking about evangelical white Christians. He said the following. -Because I asked him- what do they get out of supporting Donald Trump? Because he keeps losing, he keeps delivering losses, and losses, and losses. And he said the following. “They see themselves as the rightful inheritors of this country, and Trump has promised to give it back to them”. All the things that we think about, about electability, about, you know- what are people gaming out, or- none of that matters when you believe that God has given you this country, that it is yours, and that everyone who is not a white, conservative Christian is a fraudulent American. Is a less- a less real American. Then you don’t care about electability. You care about what God has given you.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: Valletta

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The doors had not yet closed at caucus locations across the state of Iowa, but MSNBC had already entered into the “maligning the voters” portion of the program. Joy Reid, the network’s flagship racebaiter, decided that this was a good opportunity to dump on white evangelicals voting for Donald Trump.

Watch as Reid cites woke religion author Robert Jones (he/him), using his quote as the cudgel with which to bash Christians:

JOY REID: But I feel like the important sort of data point, and you know, Steve talks about it a lot, he’s gonna probably talk about it a little more tonight, is that these are white Christians. That this is a state that is overrepresented by white Christians that are gonna participate in the caucuses…

CHRIS HAYES: Particularly tonight.

REID: …especially tonight. I, today, earlier today, reached out to Robert Jones. Robby Jones from the Public Religion Research Institute, knowing that we were gonna talk about Iowa. And this is a hyper-evangelical, white state. And he said the following to me. Iowa is about 61% white Christian. The country as a whole is approximately 41% white Christian. And in Iowa, we’re talking about evangelical white Christians. He said the following. -Because I asked him- what do they get out of supporting Donald Trump? Because he keeps losing, he keeps delivering losses, and losses, and losses. And he said the following. “They see themselves as the rightful inheritors of this country, and Trump has promised to give it back to them”. All the things that we think about, about electability, about, you know- what are people gaming out, or- none of that matters when you believe that God has given you this country, that it is yours, and that everyone who is not a white, conservative Christian is a fraudulent American. Is a less- a less real American. Then you don’t care about electability. You care about what God has given you.

Continued below.
There is clearly and attack on Christianity from the left. Usually they focus more on Catholics rather than one particular Protestant group, but it's election season.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0