Journeying through grief

Oct 10, 2007
MD
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to using bulletin boards, but I was looking for one where I could share what I am feeling in a safe, Christian environment. Specifically, I will be looking to dialogue with others who like me are struggling to find out what it means to find meaning and purpose in life and to serve God in the wake of the loss of my life partner, my soulmate and my reason for being (under God of course) of 35+ years. Maria was my high school sweetheart, best friend and confidant, lover, mother of our 5 children, grandmother and 4+ grandchildren, and I miss her so much. My gift from God died on March 31, 2007 at the age of 50 from metastatic breast cancer.

Suffice it to say, when I am able to find time to visit this site, I will be spending it mainly in the LifeStages/Widow/Widowers forum. I can't promise how frequently I'll be there, but I can promise that I will be sharing a lot of grief issues and raising a lot of challenging questions. My first post there will likely be voluminous. I feel the need to share the story of my beautiful Maria, our life together and her heroic struggle against breast cancer.

From my limited visits, I see that the Widows/Widower's forum is sparsely attended. However, I know from even my brief 6 month stint in this grief 'club' that there are a lot of us out here in the the ethernet! Probably like me everyone is busy and/or hesitant to get involved with strangers. However, I am always amazed, but not surprised really, at how easily true Christians connect because of our common bond in our Lord Jesus Christ. We certainly will not agree on everything, but we will never the less be brothers and sisters in Christ. Please invite your widowed friends to look for me in the Widow/Widowers forum. I'll try to stop in on a regular basis. btw, I'm 52 yoa, but I consider myself to be a 'young' widower. Not that age and labels really matter. I have learned that the various grief responses are universal and transcend our ages, the lengths of time we were together with our soulmates and even how long it has been since this inevitable but terrible consequence of sin crashed into and messed up our lives.

But there I go already rambling on! Looking forward to meeting fellow widowed grievers.

A grieving brother in Christ,

--Bill http://www3.christianforums.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Reactions: marezee

torchbearer

Veteran
Oct 11, 2007
South Africa
✟16,675.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi there

I am so, so sorry about your loss... the void is sometimes so expansive to fill and we realise how great that love was in our life. In these moments alone we just 'turn our eyes on Jesus' fill ourselves with His wonderul words (our bibles).

Bereavement is so difficult, many people just can't find the right words and most of the time, we don't need the words - just the quiet comfort and understanding...

I am also new here but already feel the warmth and love of the people that travel through here. God Bless you and Keep you in His Divine Protection.

Reactions: Snow Angel
Upvote 0

GigageiTsula

Legend
Oct 8, 2007
✟80,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the site. I am sorry for your loss.

Spirit Wind

mysignaturegraphic3.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Live4HimAndLoveOthers

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟16,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mariawasmylife,

May the Lord uphold and strengthen you, and may His peace fill your mind, and His joy fill your heart, in spite of your sad loss. May He continue to heal your heart and comfort you.

My dad died about 3 years ago, and that was probably the hardest thing I've ever gone through. My mom had an even harder time, and I know that she still struggles. I'm not even sure my dad was saved, but I cannot dwell on that, because if I did, I would become insane with depression. All we can do is look to Jesus for help, strength and comfort.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Upvote 0

EternallyPierced

Jesus, I am so in love with you.
May 25, 2006
South Carolina, US
✟19,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Bill! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm praying that God will give your strength in your time of need. May you find that His grace is sufficient :D

You can check out the Frequently Asked Question section here: http://foru.ms/faq.php. it should answer alot of questions about how the site works. PM if you have any more questions or if you would just like someone to talk too.

Be blessed my friend!

In Christ,
EternallyPierced (Matt)

Upvote 0