Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish him a healthy, happy, and long retirement.

Agreed. If only we all could lead such long healthy lives and still have the capacity to do what he does at his age.

As to the bench, not much will change. It will be swapping a liberal for a liberal.

Yup. If I were the Republicans I wouldn't put up much of a fight with Obama's nomination and save political grand standing and capitol for other things, unless he does something stupid and tries to nominate Hillary Clinton or something like that.

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wish him a healthy, happy, and long retirement.

As to the bench, not much will change. It will be swapping a liberal for a liberal.

Yes, but of course there are rumblings of GOP filibuster.
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said, "Americans can expect Senate Republicans to make a sustained and vigorous case for judicial restraint and the fundamental importance of an evenhanded reading of the law."

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
well, if obama wants to nominate a real problem child then there should be a fight against it. there is a difference between left and far left nut...obama favors the nuts. There may be little difference in the outcomes of most cases, but there is the integrity of the office and the process to be considered.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. If only we all could lead such long healthy lives and still have the capacity to do what he does at his age.

Yup. If I were the Republicans I wouldn't put up much of a fight with Obama's nomination and save political grand standing and capitol for other things, unless he does something stupid and tries to nominate Hillary Clinton or something like that.
Hilary? I thought the nominee would be Bill, cause she's already got a job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Team Obama is already planning to nominate a trans-gender person to the bench.

Sorry...after putting on the bench the fascist that is Clarence Thomas, the GOP has no credibility when complaining about anyone Obama nominates.

If a law were proposed requiring us all to submit to anal probes on state demand, and to be bar-coded like concentration camp inmates, Thomas would be saying, "Sir yes sir!"

Ideally, I'd like to see a left-leaning Libertarian (one who emphasizes individual rights rather than corporate rights, with a healthy skepticism of Big Anything) appointed to balance out the Clarence "Bow to Wal-Mart and the State" Thomas.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can't reliably predict how any justice will vote over his/her lifetime tenure. Just like some liberal justices were appointed by Republican Presidents, some right-leaning justices were nominated by Democrats--i.e., Felix Frankfurter was an FDR man, and Whizzer White (one of the 2 dissenting votes on Roe v. Wade) was a JFK appointee.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So a trans person harms the integrity of the Supreme Court how?

don't put words in my mouth. It does the discussion no good and only makes you look like a fool.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
the GOP has to formulate a response/debate strategy based on the reasonable assumption that a leftist will be appointed and confirmed. I'm sure the party leadership will take full advantage of the opportunity to pour oil on the current fires. the elections will be fun.

Upvote 0

WadeWilson

Say hello to my widdle friend.
Feb 9, 2010
Sunshine State... Arghhhh! It burns us!
✟8,367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So a trans person harms the integrity of the Supreme Court how?
To be fair it was wpiman2, not mont974x4 who brought it. And I don't see how motn974x4's comment connects to anything trans gender.
Team Obama is already planning to nominate a trans-gender person to the bench.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I'd bet on another woman. Leah Ward Sears has been mentioned. Though she only has state court experience.

I'd forgotten that the obama administration still has to go through a complex formula to determine the exact mix of minorityness-wymymness-deprived backgroundity-suitable trace accent-lack of real world experience needed for its extreme leftist candidate.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'd forgotten that the obama administration still has to go through a complex formula to determine the exact mix of minorityness-wymymness-deprived backgroundity-suitable trace accent-lack of real world experience needed for its extreme leftist candidate.

You left out "a diet containing at least 25% kittens and puppies."

Upvote 0