United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In today’s political discussions, we hear a great deal about John Maynard Keynes. We hear both positive and negative explanations of his economic theories, but there was more to the man than his economics. I was pleased to find this charming blog about Keynes the lover, Keynes the married man.

neo-neocon » Blog Archive » John Maynard Keynes, married man

"I went to Keynes’ Wiki entry. There was almost nothing there about his private life except for a few facts about his parents, brother, and nephews, and then under the subheading “death,” the following sentence: “His widow, Lydia Lopokova, lived on until 1981.”

Now, I may not know tons about economics, but I have other fields of expertise, and one of them allowed me to immediately recognize and place that name. Lopokova was a Diaghilev ballerina, one of many who left Russia in the early part of the 20th century. She danced with Nijinsky and Karsavina, and knew Picasso (who drew her several times). I was astonished. Keynes married Lopokova??

The circumstances of their meeting were not exactly auspicious in terms of a future marriage. For one thing, Lopokova didn’t speak English all that well. For another, Keynes was gay. Not only that, but he was very gay, if we can speak of degrees in these things. But, in the mysterious ways of the human heart (and body), he fell madly—and rather swiftly—for Lydia, in a manner that wasn’t the least bit platonic…

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,365.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see. Can't win in a debate against his economic policies, so you attack his character. That's very childish and dishonest.

Also person can have sexual feelings towards both men and women. It is called bi-sexuality. Anything else?

While I would not put that past some Okafor has never struck me as anything other then supportive of homosexuals.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My fault. I read the blog posted as a negative tone. Trying to make it seem suspicious that Keynes married a russian ballerina. After all, if he was gayer than gay, why would he marry a woman? Unless -insert conspiracy here-

That was where I was assuming this was going.

And as always, when I assume...well yeah, you know the rest.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maynard James Kenan is better. He is kind of gay right?

mremy2t5nli2t2ne.jpg

Edit... thought better about the first pic I posted. Someone might find it distasteful lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think "bi" as in bi-sexual is the appropriate term. I have read that for such people, emotional attachment (love) is the key as to which gender they ultimately prefer - in other words, the person is more important than the gender.

The New Yorker has a good article on him as well. What Would John Maynard Keynes Tell Us to Do Now? : The New Yorker

Upvote 0