John Kelly goes on the record to confirm several disturbing stories about Trump

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Stop yelling. You didn't read what I said. I didn't say HE was an anonymous source. I did say that he didn't say anything directly except the one unverified comment.
He literally quotes three things that he said Trump had said. That he heard him say. Don't shoot the messenger. In this case CNN.

I keep saying this but your only choice is to say that Kelly is lying and that Trump would never say such things. And we already he know what he's capable of saying.

It's your call. Make it.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,350.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
He literally quotes three things that he said Trump had said. That he heard him say. Don't shoot the messenger. In this case CNN.

I keep saying this but your only choice is to say that Kelly is lying and that Trump would never say such things. And we already he know what he's capable of saying.

It's your call. Make it.
I’m waiting with baited breath…

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It's your call. Make it.
Your call is to understand that it is an unverified statement. Make it.

Let's say I'm CNN. I could just declare that your employee Fred said you are a (fill in the blank) with no evidence, simply because I am biased against you.

My outlet could report it, but it lacks journalistic credibility to do so without any verification, and that is not how journalism is done.

Not until the past few years, anyway.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Let's say I'm CNN. I could just declare that your employee Fred said you are a (fill in the blank) with no evidence, simply because I am biased against you.

My outlet could report it, but it lacks journalistic credibility to do so without any verification, and that is not how journalism is done.

*John Kelly is just a disgruntled ex-employee!*?
I could see holding onto that to excuse Trump for nearly anything 45 did or said, because He’s such a good, honest, wise, dear, leader, and always the victim of unscrupulous underlings who have an ax to grind.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This sort of fan fiction is fascinating to read. Kelly, himself, is saying he heard Donald say the things he did. This isn't second hand news. This is a witness.

Given his treatment of John McCain, it's hardly surprising to anyone who isn't an ardent believer.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

There were reports that Trump made those comments. Kelly literally verified them. He said that they were true. He said that he personally heard Trump make the comments. It's a first hand account of what occurred. CNN didn't say that Kelly was reported to have said something about what Trump was reported to have said. They quoted him. Directly. On the record. And he quoted Trump. Directly.

This is the equivalent of sticking one's fingers in one's ears and shouting 'La la la.' It's a complete denial of reality.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
*John Kelly is just a disgruntled ex-employee!*?
I could see holding onto that to excuse Trump for nearly anything 45 did or said, because He’s such a good, honest, wise, dear, leader, and always the victim of unscrupulous underlings who have an ax to grind.
Fallacy. You cannot support your assertion. Kelley said Trump said it, so it must be true, even though unverified. Nope. Doesn't work like that.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I honestly think that anyone who worked for Trump has to go on record demonizing Trump or face the loss of career, because being in the Trump White House in most companies and places isn't someone someone who's going to be hired - at least not at the type of salaries most desired.

So why go down with Trump? It's the most likely thought process.

It is that bad, or at least it seems like it.

But openly talk bad about Trump and BOOM! There's a book deal, money rolling in and all career possibilities are back.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear him come out and say anything that people want to hear - and they don't want to hear anything good.

I'm not saying take it at face value, but anymore nothing surprises me.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There were reports that Trump made those comments. Kelly literally verified them. He said that they were true. He said that he personally heard Trump make the comments. It's a first hand account of what occurred. CNN didn't say that Kelly was reported to have said something about what Trump was reported to have said. They quoted him. Directly. On the record. And he quoted Trump. Directly.

This is the equivalent of sticking one's fingers in one's ears and shouting 'La la la.' It's a complete denial of reality.
The commitment to Trump does not permit those thing to be correct. So they are not correct.

Thats how truth is made these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I honestly think that anyone who worked for Trump has to go on record demonizing Trump or face the loss of career, because being in the Trump White House in most companies and places isn't someone someone who's going to be hired - at least not at the type of salaries most desired.

But openly talk bad about Trump and BOOM! There's a book deal, money rolling in and all career possibilities are back.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear him come out and say anything that people want to hear - and they don't want to hear anything good.
Or, and I know this will sound insane to you, Donald really is everything that nearly everyone who worked for or with him says he is.
Indeed. The tortured rationalizations some folks go through to defend Donald at all costs is to be expected at this point.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I agree with the last sentence. Nothing surprises me in the last few years.

Upvote 0

juanwood

Persevere
Jun 16, 2010
✟32,555.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Fallacy. You cannot support your assertion. Kelley said Trump said it, so it must be true, even though unverified. Nope. Doesn't work like that.
So in summary, you believe that John Kelly is lying. That answers the question of other posters in this thread.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, DJT is far less than perfect, and we all knew that. I certainly wouldn't want him to date my sister. But I might consider him to run my used car lot.

The decisions we face are sometimes not to choose the better one but the lesser evil. In 2016 it was DJT or HRC. In 2020 it was DJT or JRB. Meh!

I was far safer physically and more financially secure in 2017-2020 than I have been since JRB took over. The choice in 2024 may be a megalomaniac vs. an "ingormaniac". Well, that megalomaniac is at least our megalomaniac.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So in summary, you believe that John Kelly is lying. That answers the question of other posters in this thread.
No, I believe it is unverified. Given the bias here, we are going to need more than "one guy said so."

Maybe you always accept the first story you are told, but I choose to always look at all of the evidence. Anyone who has raised kids should understand the first story you are told isn't always the whole story of what actually happened. Trust....but verify.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, I believe it is unverified. Given the bias here, we are going to need more than "one guy said so."

Maybe you always accept the first story you are told, but I choose to always look at all of the evidence. Anyone who has raised kids should understand the first story you are told isn't always the whole story of what actually happened. Trust....but verify.
Kelly verified it. I'm really not sure what definition of the word you are using. He literally said that he heard Trump say the words that were literally quoted. How else do your verify something other than someone saying 'I heard him say it'?

If you say that you don't believe him then you are obviously saying that he lied. We all see that. Fair enough, you don't trust the guy. But why you don't come out and simply say that is something of a mystery.

Upvote 0

Hellothere18

May 3, 2023
London
✟8,003.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.​
“A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.​
“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us.”​
Wow. Wish he spoke up sooner.

Upvote 0

Hellothere18

May 3, 2023
London
✟8,003.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kelly verified it. I'm really not sure what definition of the word you are using. He literally said that he heard Trump say the words that were literally quoted. How else do your verify something other than someone saying 'I heard him say it'?

If you say that you don't believe him then you are obviously saying that he lied. We all see that. Fair enough, you don't trust the guy. But why you don't come out and simply say that is something of a mystery.
You so-called Christians should really question whether you are really Christians or just really under the guidance of our Father down below.
Some of the words wrote via this platform are very offending & nasty, in the way you treat and write about someone or something you do not like or disagree with. As we are now in the beginning stages of RAPTURE, you really should behave yourself if you desire to be rewarded with a place within the enemies kingdom of the great pretender.
The Acicia plant provided the humiliation of embarrassment, pain & degradable honour over 2000 years ago.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You so-called Christians should really question whether you are really Christians or just really under the guidance of our Father down below.
Some of the words wrote via this platform are very offending & nasty, in the way you treat and write about someone or something you do not like or disagree with. As we are now in the beginning stages of RAPTURE, you really should behave yourself if you desire to be rewarded with a place within the enemies kingdom of the great pretender.
The Acicia plant provided the humiliation of embarrassment, pain & degradable honour over 2000 years ago.
Hi and welcome to CF & forum 71.
If one clicks on the circle thingie under a member’s avatar, a drop-down will appear that gives the basics for that member’s background.
In general: if a poster says that they are atheist, they probably are.
If a poster identifies as “Christian” (or any flavor of Christian) they are Christian and it is against the rules to question their commitment.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0