• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

JoeCD, a recent OCD: Enjoy when folks say the name "Joe" due to a YouTube compilation from an anime

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟77,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello folks. I have had OCD since a young age, and am now in my mid-20s. Most OCD is harmless, such as what I am going to tell you.

Background: So, there is this crappy anime called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (don't watch it), which I tried for a few weeks in July 2023 cos everyone else who watches anime between ages 15 and 25 has tried it, and it was way too violent, so I had to end it after just a season and a half. There are actually wholesome, peaceful animes in existence, or ones with way less violence such as Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh, One Piece, Spirited Away and Hunter × Hunter, but that isn't the point. Sadly, a lot of people my age prefer the darker anime, and not the upbeat peaceful animes such as stuff by Studio Ghibli.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure had an English version. The guy who did the voice for a character named Dio had a cool fake British accent. After giving up on JoJo, I found a compilation of every time Dio (voiced by Patrick Seitz) said JoJo's name, and now since September 18th, I have an obsession for whenever a guy in his 20s-30s or anyone regardless of being a man or woman with an accent says the name "Joe". :)

Everytime the name "JoJo" is said (JP Version, I especially like when Jojo is said at timestamp 0:35-0:37, 16 plus disclaimer as compilation may contain temporary scenes of dark/violent fantasy scenes):

Everytime "JoJo" and "Dio" is said (EN Version, 16 plus disclaimer due to half-second fantasy violence scenes):

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟77,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update 12/24/2023: Not as obsessed when folks say the name "Joe" as I was back in September-November 2023. But that name means "God will add" in Hebrew, which is pretty cool. I go to an anime club, with wholesome anime only, though two people enjoy Jojo's Bizarre Adventure so much so that 50% of the time, the two talk about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure artwork, so I told them that show is bad and evil. The two folks didn't listen, so my prayers that they come to realize that there is more to anime that is wholesome instead of a violent 2010s anime.

Upvote 0