Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have applied for another job this time its as a nanny part time so could I ask you pray for that?

Or at least hear from them, its afterschool care for two girls age 5 and 9 I think the mum and dad both work in town so cant be there to pick the girls up from school. Its close to my home.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,623,242.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have applied for another job this time its as a nanny part time so could I ask you pray for that?

Or at least hear from them, its afterschool care for two girls age 5 and 9 I think the mum and dad both work in town so cant be there to pick the girls up from school. Its close to my home.

Hi Goodbook,this sounds so good! I pray to the Father that it all works out for you.

Here is the verse that I hold by when looking for direction,

Proverbs 3:6Living Bible (TLB)
6 In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.

then there is Matthew 6 33
...but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

As you read your Bible and pray every day, I pray that you will come really close to the Lord and experience his presence with you.

Bible-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
thanks I will keep you all posted if I hear anything...I am kinda running a bit low on funds and this will really help. I no longer have a student allowance and not studying anymore and don't want to rely on job seeker benefit if I don't have to.

Also its a job I would love to do (if the employer is fair). Plus I like having school holidays.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
have applied for two more jobs.
One is a juice bar near me, (part time) and another seems really cool its gardening at a tourist attraction also near me.

Hope that the right one will be open for me.

If all else fails I may have to work at mum's factory again...but working with mum around is not that fun :-(

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
have been looking at teaching positions in christian schools. There's a new middle school not too far from me requiring teachers so have asked for an application pack for next year.

There has to be something out there for me. I hope they like librarians, because the last one I applied for well you know what happened. At least this is a christian school. I hope they haven't done away with all the books.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
otherwise I can just house sit for nothing but I still need to pay for food and electricity if I do that. A family has said they would like to go overseas for maybe three months, and I would look after their orchard, which is 2 and a half hours away from home so if I did that I might apply for a job in that town like part time at a cafe or op shop or something.

But that means someone will have to fill in for my radio spot for three months, or I could just put it on hiatus. This couple has never had the opportunity to get away from the orchard so it might be good for them to enjoy a little retirement and see the wider world.

I really don't know what I'll be doing next year or after term ends. But I suppose today's worry is enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am going to apply for nother job sorting mail. This is part time too in the mornings.
The only thing is I still want to continue with ministry in schools if possible. So i hope whichever jobs I get will work around it.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
applied for that one and also a sales assistant for ladies clothing.

I think thats about seven so far.

Well I think I will just rest now and wait to hear from them.

my application for funding got denied so I need to find some paid work.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
may apply for this plant and food research position, only its full time. And then I'd have to move probably to my brothers if I had that job :-(
However, could be interesting, but its fixed term so at least wont be forever.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its a crown entity and not sure if I can work for govt again but maybe I am meant to.

I really don't think am cut out to run a business on my own...

Also theres a life education teacher vacancy that i would like to do but..I am not a registered teacher although Im a qualified one.

Maybe just apply for them all and see what happens. If nothing happens I will just go back to study again next year.
I would really like to go to some kind of bible boot camp or vbs for adults but don't know where or how.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
thanks brinny you a dedicated prayer warrior.
I have decided against working full-time for now. It is exhausting for me, plus food and crop research does GM and I don't agree with it, be hard to work for some organisation I was ethically at odds with.

The life educator job sounds wonderful but just don't have the experience. :-(
It really drains you to go along to all these interviews and then be told someone else got the job who had more experience and 'calibre' whatever that is than you.

Its like going to auditions for parts that everyone else wants..all the time and being rejected over and over and over and over. Not fun.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im still looking and found one thats just up,the road from me vacancy for garden centre team member fixed term. I could do that as qualified and plus you get staff discounts so...may apply.

I never thought i would need to work retail but its come to this. All the libraries are closing down and costs being cut. Just saw in the paper today they cutting staff, and a former workmate got a management email saying something in business speak jargon about 'drivers' like a pupose driven church takeover. Its because libraries dont make a profit and you have these nutcases in management brainswashed by greedy CEOS who actually dont realise that libraries are meant to be non profit organisations.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Continuing to pray, sister. Continue to delight in our precious God and His Word, and He will pour out blessings on you like rain, and grant you extraordinary favor, regardless of how circumstances appear all around. He will do EXACTLY as this delightful verse says. His blessings will chase you down and overtake you:

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." ~Deuteronomy 28:2

Father may it be so, in Jesus name,amen. (((hug)))

Let it rain.

d5890299bf6030cb1c822b95111f0da8.gif

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
ok i just applied for a garden centre job at the mega hardware store maybe I can do afternoons. I hope so as the other garden centres I applied for never even bothered to respond to me at all. Despite me having horticulture certificate etc.

thanks for prayers.

Upvote 0