Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a close friend from college who just found out his dad committed a heinous crime. He is naturally struggling to cope with that fact. My grandma has asked me to stop associating with him because she feels he is condoning his father's actions. I live with her... I should respect her wishes. But how can I leave him high and dry when his whole life is falling apart before his eyes?

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I realize that. I realize that. It's on my prayer list every day. Tomorrow I will be able to speak to someone about the situation, maybe come up with a compromise, but she is out of touch until tomorrow. We are doing lunch after church.

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quick hello to all.

It is so strange, so many times I will notice I have less amount of posts the next morning than I did before I signed off, strange.

Sorry for all the issues you are going through BB.

See ya all later, I guess.

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
BB, but you are an adult...you can make your own decisions...I know she's trying to protect you but it sounds like he really needs a friend right now! I will be praying for a good solution and compromise to come from all this!

Quick hello to all.

It is so strange, so many times I will notice I have less amount of posts the next morning than I did before I signed off, strange.

Sorry for all the issues you are going through BB.

See ya all later, I guess.

Hi Susie...that is very strange!!! I can't say I've ever had that happen...maybe you should log it every day on a piece of paper and ask the mods what's up! We don't want to miss any of your posts :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BB, but you are an adult...you can make your own decisions...I know she's trying to protect you but it sounds like he really needs a friend right now! I will be praying for a good solution and compromise to come from all this!

With the nature of the crime, I can fully understand her concerns. It has definitely made me grateful that we never did have a romantic relationship because I can't support the family the way they would need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you're anxious to see them...

Doing ok my way...little tired...just about 10:30pm here...supposed to be about 58 F tonight...I will take it...:)

I am verrrrrrrrrrrrry happy to see them :) 58, isn't that only 14 or 15c? wayyyyyyy too cold

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.