Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not too bad BB...not as hot thankfully...how are you doin'? Did you have a nice day?

Over all, yeah. It was the weirdest day in a while :D I have a skype date with my love tomorrow :)

Did you work today?

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Skype date? NICE...hope that goes well for you...

I'm always workin' lol...

Yes, skype date. Since we won't see each other for a couple months, skype is all we've got. And he just got a new laptop so we can skype now!

What's your job?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nigheandonn

Secretly Nancy Drew
May 29, 2014
Somewhere in the South
✟16,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's ok to ask :)

Well, I knew at 13 I was saved...but to really believe and fully comprehend it, was when I was 18....and through the years, I feel it even stronger...it's like the older I get, the more closer to God I feel and assured of my salvation...

So it was more of a process for you? That is encouraging to hear. Some people have mentioned to me that believers who don't know the exact point they were saved sometimes struggle with assurance of salvation because of that. I wonder if that's not part of my problem, if I am actually saved... so hard to tell for me. :\
:cry: You are so fortunate, I am feeling it less and less and since being here, do not feel it at all, it was hard enough back home, but now, not at all.

Hi Haylea.

Praying for you, girl. I don't know if it helps to hear this, but you're definitely not alone.
I know you weren't talking to me, but this is a fast and easy question I can answer...

Yes, there is one particular moment I can remember. It was in 2011, so I was 23...I think it was 2011...lol. Anyway...I was at a chapel night at Teen Challenge and basically, they have worship songs and then someone comes and gives a word or special music or whatever.

I must explain that the Teen Challenge where I was at the time (in Australia) is for men only, but that chapel night is open to everyone. This was a bunch of really rough guys all coming together, trying to get their lives straight and stuff and there's something seriously good going on there. It is a really beautiful environment and atmosphere there.

Anyway, there was one night in particular where there was the normal worship service, and then there was this man who got up and gave his testimony. There was something different about this man...he was gentle spirited and yet had a bounce in his step, and the most beautiful smile I've ever seen come from someone. He just radiated love.

When he got up and gave his testimony, it reached deep into my heart. He spoke about God's unconditional love. I had been raised that God was a conditional love kinda guy, hence the being saved and then unsaved stuff. One thing he particularly spoke about was his experience in learning about God's love. I don't remember it well, but this is what I do remember. He went up to a hill/mountain every day (or often) and yelled and screamed at God. Swore at him, got mad at him, said he hated him, all this other stuff that you'd think of as "bad" for Christians to do, because, you know, it's God, why would you do that to Him if He's perfect? But at the end of each time on the mountain, God would meet him there, and embrace him in love and pretty much say "I still love you son".

By the time he got to that part I was bawling already...it'd touched me to think that God would still be there...still love this guy. Then the guy spoke about how God wants a real relationship with His children, and how just like any relationship, it will have its ups and downs, and yes we will be angry with him and be hurt and all this other stuff. And just because God is perfect does not mean that we aren't allowed to get mad at him or whatever. We gotta keep it real. The important part is knowing that God's not against us, and that he's not at fault...and coming back to him...because he will still love us.

It was at that point that I had really lost it...my friend thought I had lost it because I was heading back home to the states the next day lol but it wasn't that...it was that it'd reached down and touched me deeply. I knew then that God loved me, even if I couldn't understand it or even really accept it...and it was then that I knew I wanted to follow Jesus even more than I had. I got saved at 6, I guess, maybe earlier, my parents say 4 but I can't remember a darn thing...and Christianity was always a thing for me...but it was different having that real experience.

Things I have yet to experience are things like true understanding of what Christ did for me...I've heard it so many times, it's kind of old news...I know it, but it's not like I was an unbeliever who didn't really know about God, who suddenly realized just how much had been done for them. In some ways I wish I'd had that conversion experience. Just because...I'd know more.

And now I'm starting to understand more God's love, as a Father to me...boy that's been a tough one...but...God is good...and He has made a way for me to be able to understand it better, in a more human and personal way.

I'm still working on a response for you...just got home from work but have a nothing day tomorrow (woot woot!!) so I will try to finish it up tomorrow :)

Well, that made me tear up. That is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing! I hope I can understand God's love and goodness like that someday. And thank you for working on that response. :) I look forward to reading it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was just reading the verse about creation groaning as in the pains of childbirth, and it started thundering really loudly. O.O Scared me to death.

^_^ That's freaky!!!

Well family, blessings to you, prayers for you...let's come together again tomorrow...

God loves you all SO much..and so do I...

I love YOU so much...sleep well :hug:

Well, that made me tear up. That is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing! I hope I can understand God's love and goodness like that someday. And thank you for working on that response. :) I look forward to reading it!

Aww you're welcome...that story, man...when that guy was standing there, he was in tears himself...yet beaming love...someday when I grow up I wanna be like him. You could just tell something was different about him. He was so soft hearted...you could tell...God had really softened him...it was so beautiful, a moment in my life that I will never forget. Ironically, there were a couple of other moments in my visits to Australia (I have been there 4 times, to stay with my best friend there) where God really hit me out of the blue with stuff...because I was away from home and whatnot, my walls were down and everything was unfamiliar...it made a difference.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.