MaideninWaiting

Jan 10, 2007
✟8,056.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure you understood her correctly? I'm just wondering because maybe she meant she'd be happy to share her faith and beliefs, but she just didn't want to advertize her faith like it's the newest fad or something. I don't know.

If she really meant she just didn't want to share her beliefs and faith, then no. It's not the typical Catholic view. I love talking to people about my faith and I pray with and for people all the time. My friends know they have only to ask, and I'll add their intentions to my prayer list.

In Christ,
Bridgette

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it has to do with her personality. Some people are more private about how they live their religion then others.
The Jesus shirts etc. I think, are less of a catholic thing, though I've seen them much more here in the US than I did in Belgium, so maybe it's also just more of a cultural thing.

Upvote 0

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
lol!! That's all I even wear and own...I mean other than dress clothes...but all of my t-shirts have either a church logo, or a retreat theme or a conference theme on it. I don't carry a purse...but I do carry a backpack that says 100% original...then it says Catholic on it. And in most cases when talking with someone, religion almost always comes up. But that's me and I am a youth minister in a small town, where everyone knows me... so I kinda think I am the opposite extreme!!

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
It is all about preferance. Some find it tacky to advertise things, some see it as provocative, some are more bashful and modest, some just think it won't match their new pumps.

Some feel religion is a very private matter and feel their faith comes out in their actions rather than their attire.

Others can mix it up (seen that alot recenty).

One persons comments cannot be held over a whole church, especially the Mother Church!

Upvote 0