North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
KJV Dictionary Definition: PROPITIATION, n. propisia'shon.
2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom.3. 1 John 2.

Amplified Bible
Rom 3:25 whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 3 - Amplified Bible

1 Jn 2:2 And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.
Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 2 - Amplified Bible

1 Jn 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins [fulfilling God’s requirement for justice against sin and placating His wrath].
Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 4 - Amplified Bible

Heavens requirement to purge/remove sin is blood:

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents]
(MY NOTE: This verse is referring to OT Levitical law animal sacrifice atonement, innocent blood covering for sins of the guilty.)

Heb 9:22 In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness [neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].
(MY NOTE: This verse refers to Christ's NT once for all time sin atoning sacrifice that forever removes sins of the guilty)

Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) FULFILLED heavens required sin payment/DEATH. Right here Jesus mission is completed He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). He FILFILLED the laws sin payment requirement!

The only way to remove the sin stain from a soul. Is faith placed in Jesus finished/Law Fulfilling sin atoning/propitiatory sacrifice & resurrection.

Faith in Christ will lead to obedience, good works, good behavior, repentance etc. (Rom 1:6, 2:4, 6:14, 16:26)

Reactions: Mark Quayle

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(MY NOTE: Jesus said He was sent to fulfill heavens law.)

At Calvary Jesus sin atoning LAW FULFILLING mission is completed. He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) paid in full & FULFILLED heavens required sin payment/DEATH.

When Jesus died the Temple veil was torn in 1/2 (Matt 27:51) It's here the old covenant Levitical priesthood & punitive sin judgments imposed by Mosaic laws, are both rendered obsolete (Heb 8:13).

Amplified Bible
Col 2:14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross.
Colossians 2 AMP - You Are Built Up in Christ - For I want - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: By canceling/Removing ALL your sin debt owed/administered in Mosaic law ordinances. The Mosaic laws power to collect is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Faith in Jesus death & resurrection paid ALL your sin debt owed.)

Everyone that places their Faith in Christ's sin atoning sacrifice.

Found in Jesus death (sins required wage PAID) burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Father's receipt, sins required payment, received & accepted) is under grace not law.

The strength of the law & death is sin (1 Cor 15:56).

Faith in Christ's once for all time (Heb 10:12) sin atoning sacrifice REMOVES all the believers sins, Past-Present-Future! Once your sins are removed, there in NO transgression of the law.

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

All praise, glory & honor belong to our Lord/God & Savior, Jesus the Christ! AMEN & Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0