USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will he be riding a winged horse, like the one Mohammed used to fly to heaven?
Every imitation and distortion of THE TRUTH is the work of Satan who is the cause of all the confusion and deception which will in the end, be the loss of many souls

That age old lie:

GOD did not really say remains even today

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Every imitation and distortion of THE TRUTH is the work of Satan who is the cause of all the confusion and deception which will in the end, be the loss of many souls

Indeed, that is exactly what muslims say about the bible. That it is a distortion of the TRUTH of the God of Abraham.

And they should know, because Mohammed himself flew to heaven on a winged horse.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD, in HIS WISDOM, by sending HIS SON into the world, shut up the mouths of every lying whispering spirit who whispers and mutters everything and anything but CHRIST and THE MESSAGE of THE CROSS which is the HIDDEN WISDOM of GOD

For many will profess to have god(s) but deny THE SON

He who denies THE SON, denies THE FATHER who sent HIM

He who has THE SON, has THE FATHER also

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
GOD's TRUTH was from the beginning

Myths are the work of Satan who knew GOD's TRUTH but took bits and portions of THE TRUTH and distorted it so that men, even today, remain deceived and confused

Muslims would agree with that.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, that is exactly what muslims say about the bible. That it is a distortion of the TRUTH of the God of Abraham.

And they should know, because Mohammed himself flew to heaven on a winged horse.
Not true
Sorry

They have Jesus as no different than a prophet because they deny the TRUTH that HE came forth from GOD

There is only ONE TRUE CONFESSION and TESTIMONY upon which THE HOUSE will be built

And one had better be on the TRUE FOUNDATION

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Muslims would agree with that.
Yet they do not agree that there is only ONE SPIRIT of TRUTH
and that it is only through JESUS that we have access to THE FATHER by that ONE SPIRIT who is TEURH, and speaks TRUTH and leads us to all TRUTH

So who is listening to a lying spirit?

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not true
Sorry

Yes, true. It even says so in the Quran itself:

What does the Qur'an say about the Jewish and Christian Scriptures

They have Jesus as no different than a prophet because they deny the TRUTH that HE came forth from GOD
Or you deny the TRUTH of islam, off course.

There is only ONE TRUE CONFESSION and TESTIMONY upon which THE HOUSE will be built

And the Quran says that that is Islam.

And one had better be on the TRUE FOUNDATION

As the Quran also says.

Reactions: JD16
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You answered succinctly so I will answer in kind.

What does that mean? What is "self-inflicted condemnation", exactly?

It means what it says.

I didn't "choose" that any more then I "choose" not to believe in santa claus.

This is an invalid analogy as there is no parallel between God and Santa Claus. Santa would be a contingent finite being located at a specific place on earth, while God is an eternal first-cause that exists by necessity of His nature. A first cause that is eternal and transcendent to the universe is logically necessary and affirmed by even many reputable atheist scientists (though their inference of what this cause is varies, obviously).

Again, no. This is not a matter of "choice". I don't "choose" my beliefs.

Yes, actually, you do, just as everyone else does. Ultimately you will put your faith in some particular set of combined claims and experiences of individuals which will constitute the premise of your beliefs as complimentary to the very limited knowledge you have attained through first-person research. Who you put your faith in will be decided by you. Unfortunately, like many other atheists, you presumably have the impression that putting your faith in the words and writing of scientists somehow logically warrants oppositions to faith in God, except science and faith are mutually exclusive, materialist philosophy is. It is not an issue of science, but of philosophy, and the Christian has the freedom to accept the evidences of science, theology, and any other field whereas the atheist is philosophically handicapped to reject all evidences contrary to materialism so that they can not actually follow evidences wherever they lead except they be immediately observable material ones.

A common illogical complaint of the atheist is to say we don't need to know or believe in God to achieve scientific understandings. This complaint is inept because this truth applies to the understanding of all created things. I know much about the computer sitting beside me and all of its components without knowing anything about who made it or what kind of person they are. In fact, we understand the function and nature of many things we interact with in a day while having little to no knowledge of their creators. This fact is only important to one who is simply more interested in the created world rather than its Creator.

The difference is that a criminal is punished for actions. Not for beliefs.

No. Without repentance to Christ, you will be punished for the actions you will perform and the ones you will not, which will result from your unbelief.

That's just your religious belief.

That's just your atheistic unbelief.

The difference is that men and women demonstrably exist.

God also demonstrably exists from both rational and empirical observations. This is just your materialist philosophy manifesting.

I haven't requested anything

In the same manner that someone who plays with fire didn't ask to get burned. If you choose a godless life, a godless life is what you get (i.e. hell).

Or so your religious beliefs claim.

This is necessarily true in a created universe. You do not even need to open a page of Scripture to infer this most obvious of truths, except it be that you suppress the logical design inference to remain faithful to materialism.

The mafia boss analogy comes to mind.

When someone holds a gun to my head and demands me paying him for "protection", then I did not commit suicide when I refuse and get shot as a result.

Except God is the origin of all life, truth, goodness and joy, so that this analogy also miserably and immeasurably fails. God removing Himself from you is the punishment, and it is exactly what you ask Him to do by living separately from Him.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Khalliqa

Sep 30, 2006
✟28,944.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
For example, an flood at a remote city IS a problem, but it is not a problem to me (i.e. that is not my problem,). A sinful person IS a problem, but if this person does not see God face to face, than it is NOT a problem to God.

The problem to God is: how to make a sinful person who is able to see God face to face. God wants to solve that problem. Jesus solves that problem.

I'm assuming that's a typo? You wrote: "How to make a sinful person who is able to see god face to face?" I assume you mean how to make a sinful person see god?

Help me here are you saying that your understanding is that god equates "solving" the problem of sin with only the people who sees him? and the rest of the sin that exists in the world and will always exist is not his problem? And this is what you mean by god solves the problem of sin?

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is to be worshipped?
Forgive sins of humanity?
Serve as an example?

Of course many would say all three but I'm asking for you to choose the main function or role..

Because depending on the church it seems one of these will be emphasized over the other..
Church or body of believers? to yourOP-all 3 but it's clear that the Father wanted primarily a family to have a relationship with starting with Adam, through all His other other writings, and ending with Christ who calls His believers His Bride. He want daughters, sons, friends, companions, and a daughter-in-law through His Son, His true believers never a religious organization does He ask for.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Help me here are you saying that your understanding is that god equates "solving" the problem of sin with only the people who sees him? and the rest of the sin that exists in the world and will always exist is not his problem? And this is what you mean by god solves the problem of sin?

God wants everyone of us to see Him face to face (not to see Him at a remote distance). Jesus made that possible.

God does not care about those who do not want to see Him.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We all die.
And what "sin" would that be?
You don't know me or anything about me. How would you know?
Why not?
And what "sins"?
I already answered in my previous thread, you just didn't border to read. Some major sins below:
Just look at what God demand of us:
no murder (but if you hate your brother, that is murder)
no adultery (but if you look at someone lustfully it is adultery)
don't covet (can you ever not envy others)

Assuming this god created us, then he himself build it into our nature to look at people lustfully and with a tendency to envy others. That is just instinctive human nature.

In other words, if we act like that, then all we are doing is just acting the way he created us to act.

So in conclusion, the fact that we engage in such behaviour would therefor be 110% his very own responsability.

If I train a dog to kill everyone that wears a red t-shirt, to the point where the dog just can't help himself and goes beserk on anyone with such a t-shirt... Then who's really responsible for that behaviour? Me or the dog?

Is it fair to then punish the dog when he kills someone with a red t-shirt?

Do you really believe that is how humans supposed to act? I believe in something better, it could be my wishful thinking, but I can't see any other way nature can produce self awareness.

God created everything good, but to us he created free will, which means it can go good or bad, and it is much easeir for people to go bad then good, by their own choice. God tried many times to correct this, big flood first, then many prophets and Jesus to warn us.
That is why Jesus said the way to heaven is narrower then the one to hell. You do have a choice, you can either stay in your sinful ways and die there, or choose to be saved by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you would like to follow that religion, do so

Why then are you on a Christian forum?

upload_2017-3-31_9-48-39.png

The point is that there is exactly ZERO difference between your "arguments" and theirs. You can't both be right.

But you can both be incorrect.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 192962

The point is that there is exactly ZERO difference between your "arguments" and theirs. You can't both be right.

But you can both be incorrect.
There's only ONE TRUTH

ONE TESTIMONY
And THE TRUTH will remain and THE TESTIMONY will be made known regardless of men who argue who is right and who is wrong

But as to both being incorrect?

No

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There's only ONE TRUTH

ONE TESTIMONY
And THE TRUTH will remain and THE TESTIMONY will be made known regardless of men who argue who is right and who is wrong

But as to both being incorrect?

No

Yes, exactly what a muslims might say.
Only, he'll be talking about another "truth" and another "testimony".

And for us outsiders, you'll sound exactly alike while you'ld both be pitching mutually exclusive ideas.

Go figure.

• Agree
Reactions: JD16
Upvote 0