Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
shulamite,
Thank you very much for blessings. I feel His Spirit tugging at my heart in all things. Perfect example: a ridiculously busy day. I begin the day with prayer. By eight o'clock at night if I haven't settled down yet I feel Him saying to me, ":( When are we going to sit and have our alone time?" It's very personal and intimate indeed. Think about it. When our parents were pregnant with us, I imagine that He was hovering over their bellies, forming us with His very hands. How He wanted our noses to be shaped, what our personality traits would be, what our laughs would sound like, everything! How could people not think He is a very personal God? He made us with such love and care. Aaaw! Nothing and no one makes me melt like Jesus! (And I'm not really a mushy person!) :))))) He made us for Him. Period.

I just love how you just described this! Wow. I agree, but needed to hear this. (He knew that, lol). I spend way too much time being critical of myself. Everything we are is His idea. I guess that's why I (we) should take heart if people tease us about a particular physical trait... because actually they are poking fun at the One Who made us since we have no control over our physical appearance. I am very petite and hear about it ALL the time (people seem to delight in stating the obvious..I'm NOT tall! LOL) Well, I guess they have to talk to Jesus then since He made me! ;)

He formed us in the womb and yes, we are each an "original" to Him. I'm glad you posted that.

Upvote 0

Trigonometric

Mar 2, 2013
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feel free to post in this thread if you have personally experienced His love in this way or if you hunger to know it.

I would really like to have this kind of a relationship with Jesus. I've been a born again Christian for decades, and I desperately desire a deep and intimate relationship with Him, but for some reason I've never really been able even to sense His presence at all. I really like reading stories where people recount experiences with Jesus or even just stories where people imagine what it will be like to meet Him. I've dug through this forum and found a few of those, and I thought I'd make an account and post something. So, um... hi. :wave:

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've developed this relationship since my husband became totally disabled. We'd been friends for over 15 years before we ever married, so nine years into the marriage, when he had many strokes and other conditions, it was no big step to go back to friendship. We love each other dearly, and I worried at first if I would miss the marriage relationship.

But Mike and I are still best friends, and we will remain dependent on each other. Meanwhile, my passion is directed at my eternal Bridegroom. I am dedicated to Him and Him alone. He fulfills every need, every want. The hole I was afraid would be made with my husband's disability never formed - Or rather Christ filled it as it was forming.

I thank God for His Son, Who is my fulfillment.

Upvote 0

Trigonometric

Mar 2, 2013
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've developed this relationship since my husband became totally disabled. We'd been friends for over 15 years before we ever married, so nine years into the marriage, when he had many strokes and other conditions, it was no big step to go back to friendship. We love each other dearly, and I worried at first if I would miss the marriage relationship.

But Mike and I are still best friends, and we will remain dependent on each other. Meanwhile, my passion is directed at my eternal Bridegroom. I am dedicated to Him and Him alone. He fulfills every need, every want. The hole I was afraid would be made with my husband's disability never formed - Or rather Christ filled it as it was forming.

That makes sense. I am single and have never had a relationship beyond friendship with anyone. As I've reached the 4th decade of my life without even having the opportunity to go on a date or anything of that nature, I think that it is probable that I am meant to be a lifelong single. So, I do not have the complications that could come along with a husband.

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, my experience as well. Yeshua took me away from earthly marriage (not literally, but in my heart and spirit) and has taken me totally to Himself as my Husband. I can't explain it, but He has hedged me in and told me only to live out this earthly race in earthly marriage as a ministry to my earthly husband as a brother in Christ, but that He (Jesus) alone is my Love.
He has given me that "word" from Him that says "if anyone has a spouse, live as though they have none"... He has come to me over the years with tangible and intimate revelations of His heart for me as my Husband and only Love.
The earthly is only a passing shadow of the reality found in Jesus. I have this BURNING burden on my heart that more in the body see this beautiful relationship with Him. However, I know that unless Yeshua's Spirit draws and reveals this in each person's heart, they can't receive it. I feel like Paul, "I wish all were as I am".

He is the 2nd Adam, His bride is taken from Him, He reveals this mystery and love life with Him from within and it's only at His discretion that it is known and understood. My prayer for people in His body is that more and more would sew more deeply into the eternal reality with Jesus as their husband rather than sew more deeply into the earthly. But, this is how He's called ME. I am not saying every person will receive this or accept it. But this is how He's called me. EAch must be persuaded in his/her own heart by God.

Upvote 0

Trigonometric

Mar 2, 2013
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, my experience as well. Yeshua took me away from earthly marriage (not literally, but in my heart and spirit) and has taken me totally to Himself as my Husband. I can't explain it, but He has hedged me in and told me only to live out this earthly race in earthly marriage as a ministry to my earthly husband as a brother in Christ, but that He (Jesus) alone is my Love.
He has given me that "word" from Him that says "if anyone has a spouse, live as though they have none"... He has come to me over the years with tangible and intimate revelations of His heart for me as my Husband and only Love.
The earthly is only a passing shadow of the reality found in Jesus. I have this BURNING burden on my heart that more in the body see this beautiful relationship with Him. However, I know that unless Yeshua's Spirit draws and reveals this in each person's heart, they can't receive it. I feel like Paul, "I wish all were as I am".

He is the 2nd Adam, His bride is taken from Him, He reveals this mystery and love life with Him from within and it's only at His discretion that it is known and understood. My prayer for people in His body is that more and more would sew more deeply into the eternal reality with Jesus as their husband rather than sew more deeply into the earthly. But, this is how He's called ME. I am not saying every person will receive this or accept it. But this is how He's called me. EAch must be persuaded in his/her own heart by God.

I would like to have that kind of relationship with Jesus, but He hasn't given me any kind of indication of what form of relationship He wants with me, so maybe that isn't something I can have, at this point anyway. Maybe someday...

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to have that kind of relationship with Jesus, but He hasn't given me any kind of indication of what form of relationship He wants with me, so maybe that isn't something I can have, at this point anyway. Maybe someday...

The fact that you are drawn to the idea of this with Him IS Him working in you. You wouldn't desire to know this with Him if it wasn't Him drawing you. Like any relationship, it takes time to build that. Keep coming to Him about it. It grows and grows, but growth takes time.

He said, "You can do NOTHING apart from Me." This means everything. If you are desiring this with Him, don't give up coming to Him about it. ;)

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The fact that some are called into this relationship with Jesus does not make anyone any better than anyone else. I suspect Christ calls those in this relationship because they have a situation where life would be very difficult otherwise, like me.

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
Seated in Heavenly Places
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe EVERYONE is called into an intimate relationship with Papa.
It is available to all, not just some.
When we have a problem attaining this level of relationship then it means there is a blockage.. it could be a number of things such as unforgiveness, or perhaps some emotional walls which were erected as children. These blockages must be dealt with. When one doesn't know how to remove them, they can pray to the Lord for help. Jesus is faithful to show us the way - it may take a little time, but He is faithful to complete the work within us.
Blessings to all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am very happy to find this thread! Shulamite, I am thrilled to find you here!
This is wonderful. I have been missing Amy / KisstheSon a lot these past few weeks, and this thread is so good to see. I am sure you know what I mean Shuli! I hope you're still around, and I will be back soon!

Upvote 0

Hopes

Jun 11, 2013
✟25,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just had to make a simple post saying how ETERNALLY thankful I am to Him for revealing Himself to me as my Bridegroom. His Spirit caused me to see His beauty and no others can compare. One look at Him and all others "pale" and "fail" in comparison!

Only the Spirit of God can open the eyes of our hearts to see the beauty of the Son of God! Amazing that He lives inside us, where we can meet with Him in the secret place (Song of Solomon).

Feel free to post in this thread if you have personally experienced His love in this way or if you hunger to know it.

He has shown me that even though there are many members in His body (bride), that each one of us, is unique to Him and He relates to each in His body as if there is only ONE of us. His personal touches to our hearts are just that: Individual and personal, unique to that person. We are not a face in the crowd to Him!

:clap:

That's why I pray everyday for His return. I want everyone to see what an Awesome God He is. I really like it that he even has a sense of humor, I mean he saved someone like me didn't he LOL. Coolest God ever! Not like there's any other gods but you get what I mean. He totally rocks!

Reactions: Amylisa
Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, I pray so hard that Jesus will have this kind of relationship will me that seem so amazing..I just want to experience Jesus's love like that...

If you desire this it is because He put this in your heart! It is His desire which He gave to you! Just put all your trust in Him and follow Him day by day. He will lead you always.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrotherDC

Please pray for me and those around me.
Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Timothy! :wave:

tiny Timothy. :)

medium_daytinytim1225.jpg

Upvote 0

yourwealth

Jul 27, 2011
Jamaica
Visit site
✟15,125.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I 100% share your thoughts on this wonderful savior. Until this day I cannot fully comprehend the God we serve. He has continually shows his love towards me even when I think I don't deserve it. He has taken me from so much and have given me so much. I am in love

Upvote 0