England
✟16,882.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I had a vision many years ago about where I would be living - and each place God chose for me to encourage me and reward me. Home is where God is. My home has given me hope and peace of mind. Temporary jobs gave me enough money to live on and periods of unemployment allowed me to pursue my long-term career goals. Now, in my late forties, I am ready for the next stage of my mission - whatever that may be. God knows and he is moving me into position.

Some Christians would envy me because of the position I find myself in. I work in Customer Service. People phone my company reporting faults - a leaking pipe, a broken boiler, a broken windows, or an Intruder Alarm which has gone off. I log the call and contact the appropriate supplier who can fix the problem. In my wide experience, I have learnt that the way in which you handle a situation is just as important as resolving the situation. I am in my element, although it has taken several months to believe and accept my company's stated aim is to provide excellent customer service by listening closely, getting as much information as possible to provide the most appropriate resolution, no matter how long the phone call lasts. Often, a single job is managed over several hours with several phone calls between the Helpdesk, the site where the customer is, and the engineer. Often, a caseload of several jobs is managed by myself. However, no one tells me that I am spending too long on the phone, no one tells me that I am dedicating too much effort on a job.

My determination to see the job through to the end, my calm and deliberate approach, my desire to put the customer first has been noticed and positive comments made.

Fabulous Forties also means physical adjustments that need to be strictly adhered to as our bodies move into the next life stage. My physical health has suffered as a result of nine months of permanent Night Shift and 4 hours commuting each day four days on and four days off. Already overweight as a result of sitting at a desk for 7 years, my health deteriorated. After a bout of sickness, I visited my doctor as part of the company absence policy and discovered I am suffering from mild anaemia and I was at serious risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. I'm on Ferrous Sulphate tablets, I have drastically altered my diet and I am exercising more, although I need to do more.

The Fabulous Forties means taking hold of everything God has to offer and spreading good will and good news through action - and if necessary, with words.