United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just did a thread clean up to remove Flaming and Off Topic (OT) posts. A further cleaning may take place. Please stay on topic and stop with the Flaming. If you are providing Scripture please do so in reference to the topic which is about Jesus laughing or finding something funny. Anything else takes the thread Off Topic (OT) which leads to what we just had..OT posts and Flaming. If you can't share without breaking the rules then please refrain from posting because if it continues this thread can and will be closed permanently and those involved may find themselves with staff actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ONFF!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟109,018.00
Faith
Baptist
He retains His humanity throughout eternity….

This non-biblical and absolutely false teaching comes from the writing of Ellen G. White in her book, The Desire of the Ages, page 25,

“To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. . . .”

(mmksparbud is a Seventh-day Adventist and her posts reflect the teachings of Ellen G. White and other Seventh-day Adventists).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This non-biblical and absolutely false teaching comes from the writing of Ellen G. White in her book, The Desire of the Ages, page 25,

“To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. . . .”

(mmksparbud is a Seventh-day Adventist and her posts reflect the teachings of Ellen G. White and other Seventh-day Adventists).
well sorry but it is a baptist teaching as well John Walvoord wrote something similar in His book Jesus Christ Our Lord. John states that Christ retained His human and was evident in His body being taken up to Heaven, the fact He took His body is symbolic of his humanity. A student wrote in my class and she is right that Christ had to take His body, and retain His Humanity to fulfill the promise to the Jews the from king David's line would come a king, that would sit on the throne of David forever. It is what Gives Jesus Heir to king David's throne, His body. His Body is the link to this world. So yes Jesus did and does retain His humanity but is not limited by it which Walvoord states ended at the Resurrection.

Also again I would like to point out you made no argument, all you did was state your opinion. That is not an arugement. You must show proof if your going to call something a false teaching. You do that a lot call something false but do not present any case for it. Why should anyone listen to that. I can claim I the moon is red fire rock and we get our light from the moon and not the sun, but unless i have some kind of arugement to back this up and state why i believe this, all we really have is my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟109,018.00
Faith
Baptist
well sorry but it is a baptist teaching as well John Walvoord wrote something similar in His book Jesus Christ Our Lord. John states that Christ retained His human and was evident in His body being taken up to Heaven, the fact He took His body is symbolic of his humanity. A student wrote in my class and she is right that Christ had to take His body, and retain His Humanity to fulfill the promise to the Jews the from king David's line would come a king, that would sit on the throne of David forever. It is what Gives Jesus Heir to king David's throne, His body. His Body is the link to this world. So yes Jesus did and does retain His humanity but is not limited by it which Walvoord states ended at the Resurrection.

Also again I would like to point out you made no argument, all you did was state your opinion. That is not an arugement. You must show proof if your going to call something a false teaching. You do that a lot call something false but do not present any case for it. Why should anyone listen to that. I can claim I the moon is red fire rock and we get our light from the moon and not the sun, but unless i have some kind of arugement to back this up and state why i believe this, all we really have is my opinion.
All human beings have to urinate and defecate. Is Jesus urinating and defecating while sitting on His throne?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
All human beings have to urinate and defecate. Is Jesus urinating and defecating while sitting on His throne?

Maybe if you would have read what i wrote you would have your answer, let me point it out which i said But his human limitation stopped at His Resurrection. could Jesus do it yes. and I really don't care for the way you suggested God is defiling his throne. Any one would speak of God in such a way Has some serious issues to speak against the throne. You won't here from me again your on ignore have a nice life.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The question being discussed in this thread is whether Jesus is—not was—a funny King of Kings. During His earthly ministry, Jesus had a human as well as a divine nature. That human nature died on the cross. Jesus is no longer human; Jesus is now exclusively divine.
On the contrary, His body was raised from the sepulcher which He continues to inhabit now in heaven (though in the glorified state which we shall eventually share in our glorified humanity). Not to mention, it is His state as a man which not only enabled Him to deliver us from death, but His continued state as a man which enables Him to minister to us as a faithful high priest.(Hebrews 2.14-18)

Upvote 0