Jun 26, 2003
Birmingham, England
Visit site
✟9,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been listening to various pastors who seem to be spending a lot of time recently talking about the second coming of Jesus.

They said that all the prophesies that need to come about before his return are already in place.

Now there is nothing to stop him.

What are your feelings on this?

Chris Green

Jun 26, 2003
Birmingham, England
Visit site
✟9,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
admtaylor said:
I think we're really close. I'm not going to say I know what every prophecy means, but every time I read a prophetic statement in the Bible about the end it seems to ring true to our current time.

Could you describe the ones you do know of. It would help me with some topics I might raise at my Cell Group.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Only Jesus knows when He is coming back again - it says this very clearly in the Bible. It also warns us about false prophesy - only He knows whether it's going to be in 7 hours or 7000 years.
I would like to take this thought a little further.

We are told in the Gospels and Epistles how to live as Christians. If we have accepted Christ as our Savior and lead a proper life, what do we have to fear? Why do we care when He comes back?

I would like to see a lot less preaching on the end times and a lot more focus on how to live and treat others.

Upvote 0

jayswife29

Jun 26, 2003
n.y.
Visit site
✟454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Although Jesus did say that no man knows the hour of His coming, He did give us signs to watch for. Not a whole lot of people like talking about the end-times, but this is my favorite subject to study. I dont claim to know anything, but I am always trying to learn about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.