Visit site
✟1,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
I've seen the newer filmed version. I love the music, it's a very fab show. It's a shame it just ends where it does. It leaves no hope of the resurrection, which is very sad. As in John's Gospel, it is the death AND resurrection that are Jesus' glory, not just one or the other.

Upvote 0

Kilted Stranger

I'm a Nut Cracker
Feb 20, 2004
Scotland
✟15,338.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
i dont think its very realistic compared with the scriptures, Jesus never speaks... he only spends time with mary, (last two points except for Last Supper Scene) and of course after he is arrested...

must say... it is one of the best musicals around... great catchy lyrics, and a superb story... how did Andrew Lloyd Webber come up wit it?? :p

Upvote 0

Phantom phan

May 31, 2004
✟155.00
Faith
Christian
I have to agree wit kilted on this musical because it isnt very scriptural when it comes to mary, because the movie makes it seem like she loves him but scripturally she is just a follower of jesus.I have to admit that i love the musical and Andrew Lloyd Webber is certainly talented! But if you want the true story read GODS word, it never lies:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Addaperle

Fool for Christ
Jul 22, 2003
Brentwood, Essex, UK
Visit site
✟1,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
bananaguy.gif
< He wins any emoticon war!

Upvote 0

katylees

Kaaaaty
Sep 13, 2003
bromsgrove/cardiff UK
Visit site
✟16,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
ooo lol a war! :| hehe....well ive seen the stage version of the video of this musical and its great, i really love it! glenn carter is a gr8 actor...i saw him live in 'whistle down the wind' a few weeks ago :) ... Jesus christ superstar is also touring the UK at the mo and hopefully going to see it late august :D ...i bought the soundtrack a few weeks ago too lol i know nearly all of it anyway! :)

Upvote 0