U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, she was paid $500,000 for the first Hunger Games movie. It was the second movie, Catching Fire, after the first movie made almost $700 million dollars, that she earned $10 million.

okay, thank you :)

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So she's just not bright enough to understand what it sounds like when someone whose worth 60 million dollars and gets paid to play pretend, whines about not getting paid enough? Or is she just another hollywood elitest and doesn't care what the little people think?
Did you actually read her comments?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If there's a short male actor who finds out he's being unfairly underpaid and he speaks out I hope he receives support too. You can't really expect people to take social justice seriously if it's just a pick and choose thing..

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's all relative.

If an athlete has similar production to another who is making another 10 million per year, guess what, they are going to try to get another 10 mil.

That's fine, what gets me is the whole "i'm a victim" spiel.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you actually read her comments?
Yes she's whining about a problem of her own making and trying to turn it into a "gurl power" message.

In her next film she'll be getting paid 8 million more than Chris Pratt, do you think she'll go to bat for him to get paid more?

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟82,747.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Nope she's not. Hollywood stars get paid based on how many people the companies think they will drive to the theaters. There are plenty of male actors in hollywood who get paid considerably less than her because they aren't nearly as popular.

It's a meritocracy and that offends her.

I don't know if it's the meritocracy that offends her as such, but she's hit on the right solution - instead of yammering about the pay gap, negotiate as hard as men do, and encourage other women to do the same. Make the same choices as men and the so called pay gap will vanish.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She's apparently speaking of what other female actors have said about equal pay scales to their male counterparts.
I also imagine she does have an agent and part of the negotiation process would involve the actor who's to be paid for their work. They'd have a say in what they're going to receive or work for.
Of course. It has to involve the actor being paid. They have contracts, they have riders that give them perks, etc... The actor works that out with everyone involved in the project that seeks out their services. Or that they audition for.

As for the pedophilia remark early on on page one here, I've no idea what that is.
Early on someone hoped she'd become homeless and live like a hobo for daring to want respect as a woman in Hollywood. After that any implications about her character are worth nothing when people disparage a woman for wanting to be treated equally in an over paid business of pretend.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course. It has to involve the actor being paid. They have contracts, they have riders that give them perks, etc... The actor works that out with everyone involved in the project that seeks out their services. Or that they audition for.

Early on someone hoped she'd become homeless and live like a hobo for daring to want respect as a woman in Hollywood. After that any implications about her character are worth nothing when people disparage a woman for wanting to be treated equally in an over paid business of pretend.

No.. that's not the reason I want her to be a hobo.. lol.

Bette Davis was a feisty woman in Hollywood who stood up for herself (more so than many men) and I love her for it.. lol.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes she's whining about a problem of her own making and trying to turn it into a "gurl power" message.

In her next film she'll be getting paid 8 million more than Chris Pratt, do you think she'll go to bat for him to get paid more?
Chris Pratt is a tv actor just now moving over to movies. Yeah, I know Jurassic Park, but that's small beans in comparison to her movie career. Don't let your personal like or dislike of actors and actresses get in the way of the reality of their careers. People still say "who?" about Pratt, but everyone knows who JL is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Bette Davis was a feisty woman in Hollywood who stood up for herself (more so than many men) and I love her for it.. lol.
I love Bette Davis. I believe I have seen every one of her movies.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If there's a short male actor who finds out he's being unfairly underpaid and he speaks out I hope he receives support too. You can't really expect people to take social justice seriously if it's just a pick and choose thing..
A short actor - you mean like Tom Cruise? Yeah, he's very badly paid.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A short actor - you mean like Tom Cruise? Yeah, he's very badly paid.

Yeah, but I wonder if other short actors are as lucky. It would at least be comforting to know society would stick up for them if they turn out to be underpaid too. Sadly I doubt this..

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love Bette Davis. I believe I have seen every one of her movies.

Yeah, I've been getting into watching her films again too. I don't think I've seen every one of her movies yet. But most of the big ones. :)

Upvote 0

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And when Jennifer Lawrence stands up for herself in Hollywood, you disparage her and want her to be homeless.
You admire a long dead actress and condemn a young one who's doing the same thing you admire the dead woman for.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And when Jennifer Lawrence stands up for herself in Hollywood, you disparage her and want her to be homeless.
You admire a long dead actress and condemn a young one who's doing the same thing you admire the dead woman for.

No, you just assumed that is the reason why I want her to become hobo. A post, which wasn't met to be taken very seriously in the first place, lol.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, you just assumed that is the reason why I want her to become hobo. A post, which wasn't met to be taken very seriously in the first place, lol.
I take you seriously. The lol doesn't alter what you said or what you meant.

And we're talking about an A list actor. Attempting to make it a male victim thing in Hollywood by interjecting a red herring about short male actors into this doesn't dismiss your intentions. It's sexist your remarks.

Tom Cruise made 20 million a picture before he went off his rocker in a screed about Brooke Shields years ago. Now, who knows how much he makes? Does Jennifer Lawrence make that much? She's A list. How many female actors make that much?

People that disparage women for wanting equal pay in Hollywood, make jokes, insult the woman's character, pick at anything of their choosing, are actually an example of why women are disparaged in Hollywood and paid less. Because as those type remarks demonstrate, women are seen as less than and unworthy of respect justfor being women. And being a woman who wants to be taken seriously in a profession wherein men are given preference.

So your argument that you made about respecting Bette Davis for standing up for herself doesn't actually ring true. Because if you respected a woman who stood up for herself you wouldn't condemn a woman who's standing up for herself.

See where you fail?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I take you seriously. The lol doesn't alter what you said or what you meant.

I'm not saying the "lol" itself does, but the general ridiculousness of my post overall.. lol.

And we're talking about an A list actor. Attempting to make it a male victim thing in Hollywood by interjecting a red herring about short male actors into this doesn't dismiss your intentions. It's sexist your remarks.

No, lately females have been trying to hog all the sympathy, we men need to start speaking up when appropriate. Commenting on the possibility that shorter males face similar problems is not an attempt to make it all about male victims, but some finding much needed balance in this shallow sjw culture.

Tom Cruise made 20 million a picture before he went off his rocker in a screed about Brooke Shields years ago. Now, who knows how much he makes? Does Jennifer Lawrence make that much? She's A list. How many female actors make that much?

Did he make that much money off the back? Or was this years down the road? Usually action films produce a lot of money. The Hunger Games may fit the bill but her other movies do not seem too.. Is it also possible he could have made more if he were taller?

People that disparage women for wanting equal pay in Hollywood, make jokes, insult the woman's character, pick at anything of their choosing, are actually an example of why women are disparaged in Hollywood and paid less. Because as those type remarks demonstrate, women are seen as less than and unworthy of respect justfor being women. And being a woman who wants to be taken seriously in a profession wherein men are given preference.

If this were about some male actor I didn't like, I'd say the same thing.. lol.

So your argument that you made about respecting Bette Davis for standing up for herself doesn't actually ring true. Because if you respected a woman who stood up for herself you wouldn't condemn a woman who's standing up for herself.

I already said I didn't make that comment because Jennifer Lawrence stands up for herself. I'm not sure what else to say to you putting words in my mouth, lol. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0