MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I dont have browsers at work man, I cant do anything except at lunch. And I would PWN this guy if he wasnt busy PWNing himself. Although I look at the top and I love that I see you, me and Uber, its a 36th take over. We just need to get DBA involved......
Wow, you sure are full of yourself. What's that in the Bible about PRIDE? Oh, it's probably not in the "actual languages" though. Too bad....

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hmm...what is that rule against flaming again? Too bad there's not one against perpetual misspelling....

You had might want to check yourself on the flaming before you call me out on it. And i suppose its also good that there isnt a rule against people being dumb.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow, you sure are full of yourself. What's that in the Bible about PRIDE? Oh, it's probably not in the "actual languages" though. Too bad....

You openly admit you want nothing to do with the Greek and Hebrew, so you cant talk to anyone about the Bible anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Shoot, I'm not hateful, simply truthful and honest. He's the one flaming me like there's no tomorrow and calling ME dumb. I could have gotten him a couple of warnings by now, but I'm a nice guy.

Unlike Jacob-what's-his-face, I have the complete WORD OF GOD in front of me. To be honest, I have several. There's a no-margin KJB, a wide-margin KJB, a RV 1865/KJB Bilingual, not to mention MacSword on my Mac. So, I have the WHOLE BIBLE, not some rotten, worthless manuscripts. So, you're wrong and making quite the fool of yourself, Jacob-what's-your-face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jacob-whats-your-face? Is that really the approach you want to take. Are you gonna shoot a spitball at me during recess to?

The 1611 KJV had the Apocrypha in it, does yours? I bet not. So you dont have the "complete" Bible.

But since you feel like bringing it up here is the list.
1 Hebrew Interliner Bible.
2 ESV's
4 NASBS
2 NIVs
1 RSV
1 AS (Catholic Bible with Apocrypha)
2 NCV
1 Amplified
1 Holman
3 KJV

Keep saying I dont have a Copy of the Word of God. It makes that whole you are digging that much deeper.

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Im still waiting for someone to show where Jack Chick is telling the truth in his tracts.

The burden of proof is on YOU, not us. You're attacking someone with documented, PUBLISHED evidence. Bring some yourself if you think you're so intelligent and he's so dumb.

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jacob-whats-your-face? Is that really the approach you want to take. Are you gonna shoot a spitball at me during recess to?

The 1611 KJV had the Apocrypha in it, does yours? I bet not. So you dont have the "complete" Bible.

2 ESV's
4 NASBS
2 NIVs
1 RSV
2 NCV
1 Amplified
1 Holman
3 KJV

Keep saying I dont have a Copy of the Word of God. It makes that whole you are digging that much deeper.

No no no, see, people like you always LOVE to say that they believe the Bible, but when you pin them down on it, they claim that the Word of God isn't all in one place, or isn't all in one book, or we don't really know where it is, blah blah BLAH. Nonsensical nincompoopery, I say.

I have GOD'S PERFECT WORD in front of me, over three copies within easy reach. You claim to be so scholarly and intelligent, but I doubt you can tell me where to find GOD'S PERFECT WORD. Can you do that one simple thing? Where can I find God's Word?

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single

2 ESV's
4 NASBS
2 NIVs
1 RSV
2 NCV
1 Amplified
1 Holman
3 KJV

You are so freaking intellectually dishonest it sickens me, I answered this claim so many times.

Do you even read my replies?

You think your so smart, I think your an idiot. I don't care anymore, you're an idiot. I'm setting you on ignore if you keep this up.

Here, just for you, you moron, i'll post this again :
  • The KJV Only position also assumes that there is one definitive KJV, when in fact there were many editions and revisions. What most Christians call the "KJV" today is not the KJV of 1611. The "KJV" today is from the 1769 version, the last year it was revised. The removal of the Apocrypha from these editions is just one of many changes that have occurred over the years. So if there is only one true translation, one would have to know which of these KJV editions is the correct one. The original KJV not only included the Apocrypha (and calendars suggesting readings of the Apocrypha for the year along with the other books of the Bible) but also footnotes that indicated textual variants. The KJV Only position does not take these textual variants into account either.
The KJV never held the apocrypha to be bible cannon, they had it in for historical reasons in 1611.
revisions? : http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_05.asp
apocrypha? : http://www.chick.com/bc/1999/apocrypha.asp

From wikipedia:
One misconception about the King-James-Only surrounds the Apocrypha. While most books of the Apocrypha are considered canonical by the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox churches, neither Jews nor Protestants consider them canonical. Reservations about the Apocrypha were expressed early on in the Protestant Reformation. Martin Luther himself translated the Apocrypha too; not because he believed it was the Word of God (and therefore Scripture), but because it was of "cultural relevance", and "of interest" — in the words of King James Version Defended, page 98: "books which are not regarded as equal to the holy Scriptures, and yet are profitable and good to read.". Additionally, the Anglican Church expressed some reservations about its status in Article 6 of the Thirty-Nine Articles.
Despite the reservations present early in the Reformation, many early editions of the King James Version included the translation of the Apocrypha between the testaments as reference material. However, over the years, the Apocrypha has come to be excluded from most printings of the KJV, although it is still included in the copy given to the King or Queen of the United Kingdom during the coronation ceremony.
Quote from King James himself :
"Apocrypha--that is, books which are not regarded as equal to the holy Scriputres, and yet are profitable and good to read."

Can I not have an honest discussion with you? Or are you just going to keep bringing up the same BS.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.