MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Dude you just told someone to get a life over the internet. Irony? and you didnt make any accusations, just comments about how you dont need manuscripts because a pedophile had a Bible named after him in the 1600's.
Right. And you must be Michael Jackson.

Talk about pedophiles....have you seen the BBC documentary of the current Pope and his role in covering up the pedophilic actions of the Roman Catholic "fathers"? Interesting stuff, to say the least. There's that "millstone" thing again.

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
King James was a pedophile, its accepted by historians and normal people.
Hmm...let's see, that's a new one. I've heard that he was a <censored>-I mean "homosexual," but this is the first time I've heard that said. Which orifice did you retrieve this tidbit of information from?

Upvote 0

UBERROGO

May 1, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Wow, where did you get your journalism degree from? If the Catholic Church WROTE a book that says that I'm going to Hell because I don't eat Jesus every week, and I say that the RCC says that I'm going to Hell, and I give you the page number that says that, is that the truth? It's footnoted, but that doesn't seem to bother you. You'll just go on living in your fairy tale world.

Basically, by saying that you read "the actual languages," you're saying that your opinion of what God MEANT to say is the highest authority in the world. You bow to no "translation from the 1600s," so you have set yourself up as the authority as to what God MEANT to say. Well, isn't that basically what you're saying?

The problem that you have is that you dont believe that God preserved His actual Word. You have scattered manuscripts or some dude's OPINION of what the "Originals" said. See, I have God's Word, 100% perfect, inerrant, given by Inspiration of God. I believe that just as much as I believe that I have two hands. Your "actual languages" stuff doesn't impress me one iota, namely because God's Word isn't in the dumb "actual languages." If you can read simple 6th grade ENGLISH, then you can read God's Word. But no, you people like to make it hard, so you'll say that the "Scriptures" are only in the "actual languages" so now we have to bow to your "private interpretation" of the Scriptures. See that? If you're the guy everyone comes to, then you're the authority. You or whoever claims that God's Word can only be found in the "actual languages." Give me a break.

If you want to read some antiquated, scattered, doubtful manuscript in a defunct language, then that's fine by me. Just don't act all pious because you "read more of God's word" than I do. If I was to pin you down on it, you don't even believe that you have all of God's Word.

I have a question,

Where was the Word of God ( meaning the correct Biblical translations of those "dumb 'actual languages'") before the King James Bible?

Also you are claiming, inadvertantly perhaps,that only people who can read the KJV are the authorities. Where do the people who can 't read the English of 1611 find thier translation ( Chinese, Africans etc.)?

I'd like to talk to you about this as I am genuinely curious and would like to hear your opinion. If you'd rather PM me that is fine with me.

Upvote 0

UBERROGO

May 1, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
See, if you would spell correctly, maybe people would listen to you. It's spelled "no one," not "noone." That's like a terrible misspelling of the word "noon."
What do typos have to do with anything? Are you a perfect typer? Does one spelling error make a difference? No need to flame him for it. I think apologies are in order .

Upvote 0

ttreg

Myself
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Visit site
✟23,432.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
See, if you would spell correctly, maybe people would listen to you. It's spelled "no one," not "noone." That's like a terrible misspelling of the word "noon."

Another thing, I don't give a flip about your respect. You apparently don't respect God too much, so why would I expcect you to respect me? God chose the FOOLISH things of this world to confound those that profess to be wise. I will gladly be a fool for Christ and the TRUTH.

Like I said, find me the Roman Catholic doctrines of Nicolatinism (clergy vs. laity), idolatry, NUNS (??), WORKS for Salvation, BAPTISM for Salvation, SACRAMENTS (??), POPES and the rest of their nonsense. Not only is it NOT in the Bible, I can show you where it's AGAINST the Bible. Like I said, you don't care about God's Word in the first place, so I'm basically wasting my time.

The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the defender. Jack Chick documents and footnotes all of his material. You and your gaggle of mud slinging attackers, on the other hand, have simply slandered a man without ANY PROOF. Bring some concrete EVIDENCE of Chick's falsehood to the table and THEN we'll talk. But you can huff and puff and fart wooden nickels, but it's not going to get you ANYWHERE until you start submitting to the TRUTH of God's Word. (oh, but you don't have God's Word, do ya'? too bad for you.)
[sarcasm]Wow I can sure feel the love of a Christian in this post! [/sarcasm]

Upvote 0

Montanaman

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Chick's M.O. is mostly distortion. He does, however, occasionally flat-out lie about what we believe. For example, I just checked out his tract on Catholicism. In it, he claims that we believe the priest is "so powerful, he pulls Christ out of Heaven."

Uh, no...

He also makes wild leaps of logic by trying to say our beliefs derived from ancient pagan beliefs. No scholar--or even someone with your average education like me--can possibly take it seriously. He relies on sinister-looking cartoons to fill in the gaps.

It's not to say that Chick is absolutely wrong on every doctrine Catholic or Protestant, but he's at best disengenous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Montanaman

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,332.00
Faith
Catholic
[sarcasm]Wow I can sure feel the love of a Christian in this post! [/sarcasm]

Ya have you heard that he believes that at the Vatican theres a "big computer" with every protestants name in it so they can keep a eye on us? Better get my tinfoil hat on!

Actually, the big computer is true, but it's not at the Vatican. It's aboard the Opus Dei Orbital Attack Platform which is very near to completion.

Upvote 0

Montanaman

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Stop talking about the Platform on a public message board!

It's quite alright. The world will soon know all about it, and it's anti-fighter craft defenses went online two months ago. Most nations of the world are still decades away from having functional fighter spacecraft, anyway, so it's nothing to worry about.

Besides, as Director of the Opus Dei Orbital Assault Platform's (ODOAP) Public Relations department, I can say that I'm authorized to leak this information.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Besides, as Director of the Opus Dei Orbital Assault Platform's (ODOAP) Public Relations department, I can say that I'm authorized to leak this information.

You must have been a Freemason for an awful long time to have earned such a trusted post!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UBERROGO

May 1, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Nah. I was just a farm boy on a desert planet who worked really hard. Nobody gave me any breaks, man.

In all fairness you do have a natural propensity for all things mechanical, to include the building/maintenance of droids. Ironically your father is more machine than man these days.

Upvote 0

christian73

Theology Team
Aug 29, 2006
Florida
Visit site
✟17,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For some strange reason this thread seems to have gone quite off-topic...I wonder who would have done something like that?
I agree. This thread has definitely gone off on a tangent.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.